Brent Naden #256

TBH I cannot see us doing a deal unless its good for us.. Over the last 18 months we have being doing great deals and not paying overs like we used to so I have full trust in them compared to a few years ago. Papa is a great example and also not budging on Nikora.. Love it

Yeah we keep getting it right. The ones we miss out on with hindsight seem the right decision.

Gould could have been a real bastard here and stalled negotiations…his cooperation to allow this to happen before the 4pm deadline is to be commended.
I don't ever get the impression that Gould is like that. Arrogant to a fault, but I don't think he is ever disloyal or unreasonable to young players. That's probably his strength and why he continues to have so many allies in the game.

HOW people take offense to the tiny little things is mindblowing, not sure how the pc boys survive in the world. Walkabout is not a racist term, he also didn't say it with a negative connotation. Naden has mental issues just like JTJ we all know that and he just happens to be aboriginal at the same time, so matchball has used an aboriginal word to show this, again not in a racist way, but a descriptive one. IFF he was to say Naden is a loser because he is an Aboriginal then yes that is racist. people screaming racism at everything ruins the meaning and takes away from real racism just like false rape accusations hurt real victims. Racism=Bad yes but make sure it is in fact racist/ derogatory.

Yeah, I know he is a huge tosser at times, most of the time and quite rightly generates a lot of criticism but I have always felt he tries to be on the players side, where he can. Dunno, maybe just me.
I believe him when he repeatedly says if a player wants to go and is kicking rocks , he will pack his bags .
I’d say it’s not just about helping people , but probably , especially if it’s Mitch Moses level sulking , a case of this isn’t his type of player .
The bullshit around firing people , and back room stuff , is more to do with keeping the buzz rothfields from profiting off anything he may have said . I guess he’d prefer them whiny and whine about how he lied to them rather than watch them gloat about some scoop .
And honestly , he’s got a point . I think I would bullshit galore in regards to the inner workings at my club . What possible reason other than ruthless journos who’d sell their mother for half a scoop , thinking I’m a good bloke. . Seriously who cares . It’s why Chammas hates Madge . He won’t let him near the club like he used to be when when Payton and the rest were feeding him info 5 plus years ago .

Same shit with polys in our team and chicken jokes. It's not even borderline, especially when the ones that mention it are white as snow 😆😆😆
??? Why can’t 2 white people have a debate on what quantifies racism? Dark skinned people don’t have a monopoly on this , contrary to what many people think .
Go to Zimbabwe and the complete reverse roles are true . And South Africa is race hate galore from all sides .
That type of comment annoys me . It weaponises culture wars .
You can be of any race and creed and experience racism/ discrimination.
Equality means equal . Which means the same rules for everyone . No one gets it better . Definitely no one gets it worse .
It’s not complicated . Don’t be a dick over skin pigmentation , or genetic differences due to evolution .

Nice area. Used to know a number of people down that way but haven't seen most in a long, long time - I left school in 79. Family names Bradley, West, Cornforth, Chandler, or Orr ring a bell? No idea if any of them would still be in the area.
Cornforths still in the area.

??? Why can’t 2 white people have a debate on what quantifies racism? Dark skinned people don’t have a monopoly on this , contrary to what many people think .
Go to Zimbabwe and the complete reverse roles are true . And South Africa is race hate galore from all sides .
That type of comment annoys me . It weaponises culture wars .
You can be of any race and creed and experience racism/ discrimination.
Equality means equal . Which means the same rules for everyone . No one gets it better . Definitely no one gets it worse .
It’s not complicated . Don’t be a dick over skin pigmentation , or genetic differences due to evolution .

Zimbabwe? OK bro ...

Forget Apartheid. Let's Talk about how Dutch farmers have been discriminated in Africa 😆

HOW people take offense to the tiny little things is mindblowing, not sure how the pc boys survive in the world. Walkabout is not a racist term, he also didn't say it with a negative connotation. Naden has mental issues just like JTJ we all know that and he just happens to be aboriginal at the same time, so matchball has used an aboriginal word to show this, again not in a racist way, but a descriptive one. IFF he was to say Naden is a loser because he is an Aboriginal then yes that is racist. people screaming racism at everything ruins the meaning and takes away from real racism just like false rape accusations hurt real victims. Racism=Bad yes but make sure it is in fact racist/ derogatory.
Nobody said it was a racist term mate, the point I personally made that it’s irrelevant to this thread and his signing totally stands… and nothing you’ve said in the above essay proves me wrong.

“IFF he was to say Naden is a loser because he is an Aboriginal then yes that is racist” - but it’s okay to say he’ll go walkabout with his mates here due to him being indigenous?

Remember - we’re mostly a bunch of white dudes discussing this now and fairly sure OP didn’t mean to start any kind of racially motivated debate (rather helping a friend out and pulling him up where he may/may not have crossed the line). Don’t go around calling people PC boys when you disagree with them.

Nobody said it was a racist term mate, the point I personally made that it’s irrelevant to this thread and his signing totally stands… and nothing you’ve said in the above essay proves me wrong.

“IFF he was to say Naden is a loser because he is an Aboriginal then yes that is racist” - but it’s okay to say he’ll go walkabout with his mates here due to him being indigenous?

Remember - we’re mostly a bunch of white dudes discussing this now and fairly sure OP didn’t mean to start any kind of racially motivated debate (rather helping a friend out and pulling him up where he may/may not have crossed the line). Don’t go around calling people PC boys when you disagree with them.

Walkabouts and pokies have no racial connotations according to these guys..Foh

Latest posts

Back