Brisbane Broncos salary cap breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee's fedora

The Brisbane Broncos are currently being investigated for a serious salary-cap breach totalling $450,000 over the last three years.

Brisbane’s leagues club has also launched a probe by a three-man internal audit team examining anomalies in relation to a possible misuse of company funds.

Forensic accountants from Deloitte have been bought in to dissect the books to see if anything untoward has happened.

Paul White has denied all allegations.

Barry Maranta, one of the founding fathers of the club, insists that heads will need to roll at board level if the allegations are proven to be true.

“The masters are not just the NRL, but the ASX (Australian Stock Exchange) and there are obligations as a public company. That’s why I’m hoping there is an explanation that makes a lot more sense than I can see at the moment."

good to see Barry up on the high horse,bet his skeletons rattled with those cold words

The Brisbane Broncos are currently being investigated for a serious salary-cap breach totalling $450,000 over the last three years.

Brisbane’s leagues club has also launched a probe by a three-man internal audit team examining anomalies in relation to a possible misuse of company funds.

Forensic accountants from Deloitte have been bought in to dissect the books to see if anything untoward has happened.

Barry Maranta, one of the founding fathers of the club, insists that heads will need to roll at board level if the allegations are proven to be true.

“The masters are not just the NRL, but the ASX (Australian Stock Exchange) and there are obligations as a public company. That’s why I’m hoping there is an explanation that makes a lot more sense than I can see at the moment."
Oh this is music to my ears!

This article is from eight years ago mate.

I don't care how old it is, I want the NRL to strip us of the wooden spoon and present it to the Donkeys for indiscretions past, present and future.😇

That can happen with online articles - They refresh the date daily sometimes....

But it has Paul White as CEO and Lachlan Marata as current CEO and Squad Number
- Both those names have long sailed as far as I know....
Well that's annoying, but thanks :)
They were worse than the rorters for years and it would have been good to see them caught.
Ah well

Storm' Cronulla, and the most protected species in the NRL, the Broncos. Salarey cap breaches. new homes offered to player at minimum if any interest rates. And when the shit hits the fan, the guy responsible resigns, so as not to answer questions. The NRL did nothing! It was a disgrace

Storm' Cronulla, and the most protected species in the NRL, the Broncos. Salarey cap breaches. new homes offered to player at minimum if any interest rates. And when the shit hits the fan, the guy responsible resigns, so as not to answer questions. The NRL did nothing! It was a disgrace

That was Turdberg,i would hope that would not be allowed to happen again.However the NRL do seem to look after certain clubs

They were immune for so many years from the cap. How many times is this they have been done for it now, 3 or 4 times? Kick em out.

Edit - old article??

Edit - ........... still kick em out.
But they never got CAUGHT!

The Broncos were clearly over the cap or someone was getting WAY under. Sure some players did take unders but seriously for what they were signing and on how much it was crazy.

Cmon where is the Elmur Fudd Emoji "be verry very quiet, I'm hunting oversized Rabbits aka Broncos". Lets see if Brisbane want to release Payne Haas.

I don't care how old it is, I want the NRL to strip us of the wooden spoon and present it to the Donkeys for indiscretions past, present and future.😇
NO WAY!!!!
We earnt that fair and square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back