Brodie Croft

I was going to reply to the post above but might as well cover both.
Sezer is an experienced game manager. That’s what he brings. Croft has the potential to grow into a halfback as he always was a game manager in his junior years, though the Sezer signing enables him to get back into the NRL without the pressure of having to run a team. Honestly it could work as a combo.
So Sezer is basically a Wakeham + 8 years?

Look Sezer barely cut first grade in 2019, wasn't wanted and shipped to England. While Brodie Croft has earned his stripes there, Sezer hasnt.

What's Sezer going to give us? While a DCE, Pearce would have a diminished performance. Sezer would be below first grade standard before he starts. We would have to offer a 2 year contract + and basically be hamstrung with a Fringe Grader eating our cap.

I say stuff it. If were not happy with Wakeham try promoting a player from reserve grade or anyone who wants the post. At least then they will be on Trial and Train pay and not stupid overs.

Look Sezer barely cut first grade in 2019, wasn't wanted and shipped to England. While Brodie Croft has earned his stripes there, Sezer hasnt.

What's Sezer going to give us? While a DCE, Pearce would have a diminished performance. Sezer would be below first grade standard before he starts. We would have to offer a 2 year contract + and basically be hamstrung with a Fringe Grader eating our cap.

I say stuff it. If were not happy with Wakeham try promoting a player from reserve grade or anyone who wants the post. At least then they will be on Trial and Train pay and not stupid overs.
I don’t think Sezer is going to be a world beater or anything if we get him, but barely cutting first grade in 2019?

He was the starting halfback in a Grand Final team?

Croft would be the best option for us at the moment at 6. He was a player with talent, who has gone to the uk, grown in confidence and can now come back to the nrl and play with an experienced half in sezer. That combination isn’t going to necessarily win us any awards but it gives us some experience and structure which we currently have zero of.

I watched the latest performance from him that was broadcasted to tv. for Leeds vs Huddersfield.
He still has game. Doesn’t look like he is playing injured. Has pace, really sound defence and a great kicking and passing game. What’s not to like?

Over in the UK for the cricket in Manchester on Wednesday and went to the Salford v Leigh game today.
Brodie is Luke Brooks in bad years revisited and was always about to cut loose but never did.
In the end the ref and Lam won the game for Leigh.
Brodie is not our answer as a half.

I liked Croft's highlights video, I know its Super League standard, but he looks a more confident player and running game is top notch.

Back