LIVE GAME Broncos v Tigers Rd 5

Live Game Discussion
Blore best game in first grade
Matamua run/pass selection on point
Stef much better from the bench
Tupou 2 line breaks, needs to back himself instead of kicking
Simpkin great again.

In general recruits & young guys doing their job.

Just being let down by the obvious guys that can't perform, playing below cup standards.

Yeh team just needs a reconstruction. Too many bench forwards, too many sixes. Replacement centre and fullback

Simple as that mate.

Wholehearted agree.

Talau, Staines and Laurie should not be offered contracts either.

Nofo should be released.

And we try and put together a squad who put effort in.
And who do you have in mind for putting a squad together?

He's since unlike the post.

It was a cobbo try
Fantastic nonetheless
I'm sure he's friends with him
But still, either with us or against us

Reminiscent of Blore wearing the Panthers shorts.

No thanks.
Laurie is out, anyway - he will not be with us 2024.
I don't think Laurie should be punted.
He has a go which cannot be said about others.

I reckon slot him at 1/2 back.

These guys get paid 5-10 times more than the average bloke doing the work of someone on the dole..how do I get to earn half a mill to a mill being a statue?
A pidgeon wouldnt crap on Douehi.

Does anybody think that Bateman is worth the money the club spent, considering players like Haumole Olakau'atu, and Hosking that are on under 450,00 look much better propositions, to me money not well spent.

Writings on the wall with him, I believe.
He won't be a Tiger next year.
Bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water?
The guy has some attacking flair...which otherwise is sadly lacking in this squad.
Still standby trying him at 1/2 back

Laurie is useless, a lightweight midget who gets ragdolled. He should be nowhere near a first grade team. Toa would be a better option at fullback, at least he has heart and can tackle.

I just finished re-watching the game. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. Trying to find something to work with and identify some positives in what was a really disappointing effort.

The thing that jumped out at me, both on the day and after re-watching it was that AD is not a fullback. His positioning in defence is atrocious, his "effort" off the ball is non-existent and he is just plain slow. He is big enough to hold a bull out to piss. Not much of a positive I know; however, if we were able to address this deficiency many of the four pointers would not have been scored. Kicks could be defused, the scramble may have dealt with the breaks and some speed may have prevented others. Not saying we would have won - but it would most likely have been a respectable scoreline.

Our discipline is costing us - if we reduce the errors we simply don't give away the middle of the field and start defensive sets under pressure. This doesn't take talent to address, and give we lack talent it is something we can do and should focus on.

Finally, there were some good attacking passages. When the ball got out wide we were able to penetrate the Donkeys on several occasions. Poor options on the end of the breaks cost us converting the opportunities; however, it is not like we no opportunities.

We were always going to be under skilled in the backline. I don't think anyone realistically thought that behind a reasonable forward pack that our 6,7 and 1 would be so bad.

There aren't any real options in the halves except Wakeham and Brooks at the moment. I would like to see Laurie play in the halves in Cup over the next few weeks to see if he has the goods to slot in there down the track. Staines is probably a better solution than AD at the back and Douhie either goes back to KOE or slots into the centres.

Unless we can do a mid season trade we will need to wait until round ten to give Smith and Bula and opportunity to shine.

Books, AD, Noffa and Laurie need to move on at the end of the season (unless we can do it mid season) with a complete revamp occurring for 24. The fact that we can concentrate on the backline is a plus as we can continue to develop what we have in the forwards. By season's end we should have some good forward combinations going. Twal and Seyfath are easy cuts there.

Latest posts

Back