BROOKS / MOSES @ AFL

tigerlogic

What were people's thoughts on this, both boys following their game against Souths other night left to go and watch the afl instead of staying and watching the blokes they're playing with next season.. Fittler sterlo and some others thought it was poor form, personally I do too, they should WANT to stay and watch.. Apologies if thread already exists

This has already been discussed elsewhere. I think Brooks just got his first taste of how the media can turn on you.

@tigerlogic said:
What were people's thoughts on this, both boys following their game against Souths other night left to go and watch the afl instead of staying and watching the blokes they're playing with next season.. Fittler sterlo and some others thought it was poor form, personally I do too, they should WANT to stay and watch.. Apologies if thread already exists

:wtf :eek:pen_mouth:

Brooks is a hawthorn fan so there wouldn't be many opportunities to see a live game in Sydney. I have absolutely no problem with it and I don't think the club would either.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Our game was scheduled or staurday night, Brooks probably bought the tickets then. Anyway who bloody cares?

Nothing wrong with it at all.

They probably pre-purchased tickets when our game was on a Saturday through the schedule.

NYC players get paid bugger all really so why would they waste the money they have shelled out?

That and considering none of our NRL stars have turned up to support their State Cup team mates (exceptions being for Lote's return game & Woods who is there a lot) why should two 18 year olds be held to a hire standard?

For goodness sake. These kids are only 18 years old . Let them enjoy there youth and friends before they become exposed to the media, primarily Daily/Sunday Telegraph, Leechers.

<rant>Only people like Phil Rothfield have an issue with this. Personally I couldn't care less if he was at an AFL game. Just because you play Rugby League doesn't mean you can't watch other codes.

The State Cup angle is true, outside of fringe NRL players, can't say many of them get out to the NSW Cup game. I can't imagine Benji ever turning up at Leichhardt on a Saturday Afternoon to watch the game.

It's a nonissue and it's a shame Brooks has already been targeted by Rothfield after making his NRL debut. Face is, if they were tainted as the future, we wouldn't be talking about it. Half the Under 20s leave before the NRL game…</rant>

@southerntiger said:
Nothing in it. End of season and the side cant make the finals.

Is that you Benji?

![](http://brandonwantstochangetheworld.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/mountain-or-molehill-350x280.jpg)

I like the fact they went together! We want these guys tight - I'd be happy for them to date!

As long as they know each others games as it can only benefit us in the long run.

Some people have short memories. How many NRL stars came out stating they brushed watching the City/Country match in order to watch the A-League Grand Final….

@Gary Bakerloo said:
Some people have short memories. How many NRL stars came out stating they brushed watching the City/Country match in order to watch the A-League Grand Final….

But you see that fits with News Ltd scumbag agenda so it gets a pass

@tigerlogic said:

Let them live their lives FFS!

I believe they had bought tickets and actually asked "permission" from the club to go.
Problem? Of course not except for Buzz

@dazza65 said:
I believe they had bought tickets and actually asked "permission" from the club to go.
Problem? Of course not except for Buzz

Exactly right. Let's see how dumbo reports on his beloved Cronulla when the drug outcomes are revealed.

The fact that they would have had to have trawled Twitter for this to even have become news says volumes about their journalistic merit.

nothing story. who cares.

Anyone getting upset about this is an utter moron who is just looking for a reason to hate on the kids.

Back