Brown Paper Bag Problem....

Chris

It's blatantly obvious that some NSWRL/ARL/NRL clubs have been using brown paper bags to snag players for years. Should the NRL continue to take their naive approach and pretend that it doesn't happen or should they just cut the salary cap all together and have an open slather on player's incomes?

Open slather…... cause 8 clubs seem to be doing it already......

If what I heard the other day about a certain innercity club is true .....then...... :deadhorse:

If we get rid of the salary cap then less players would be going to england or to rugby although the richer clubs would almost always be up the top of the ladder and the poorer clubs would mostly struggle.

open slather and there will be the "have" and "have nots". Our club unfortunately, will be the latter.
This is a genuine attempt to even the comp.
People cheat at everything in life…..it's up to the powers that be to be vigilant auditors :smiling_imp:

@tigergirlz said:
open slather and there will be the "have" and "have nots". Our club unfortunately, will be the latter.
This is a genuine attempt to even the comp.
People cheat at everything in life…..it's up to the powers that be to be vigilant auditors :smiling_imp:

Amen, agree totally. We would be dead within a year….....

For the record I'm all for the salary cap but there has to be a better way of policing it than what we have. Have I got a clue as to how to police it better? I have nothing sensible or logical to suggest but the guys who police it must have some sort of an idea on how to improve it.

The current system is better than nothing. Just hope they continue to look at ways to improve it.

Back