Bryce Gibb’s passion

Discussion_Bot

Bryce Gibbs is a force to be reckoned with on the field, undoubtedly one of the most aggressive Wests Tigers players, but off the field he is a family man.

Having been with his fiance since he was 16 and with two children, four-year-old Khy and two-year-old Amity, Gibbs said a normal day off field would see him out to the city on the ferry having lunch with the family.

Gibbs and his family moved closer to the Inner West two months ago to avoid an hour-and-a-half trek to training from Campbelltown to Concord, every day.

He said the biggest difference he had noticed since moving was the amount of traffic on the streets of the Inner West.

He enjoys being close to the water and has put his son in a soccer team, not caring if he doesn’t take after him on the field - as “long as he is happy”. Something most would not know is every time Gibbs runs on to the field he sends his family a message.

“When I run out of the tunnel I usually rub my head which means I love them,” he said. After a string of losses last month he said it was hard running out on to the field. “When there is a lot of pressure on you it is hard to perform.”

“The boys, being with your team mates, that’s the best part.”

[Source](http://inner-west-courier.whereilive.com.au/news/story/bryce-gibbs-passion/)

didnt know he was such a family man, good to hear! keep up the good work this year gibbs!

Under rated player. picks himself every week. love his aggression and hopefully will stay with Wests his entire career.

Back