Bryce Gibbs' reception

Mothermagpie

I am wondering what kind of reception he will get from the crowd on Sunday? I for one, could not "boo" him. He would have stayed if he could have, I am sure. I hate it when the crowd boo a past player that had no choice in leaving the club! :frowning:

He plays for the opposition, ill be booing the opposition, regardless of how he left the club!
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I will be cheering him on Sunday and every other game I see him play. Remember what he gave us over the years…...a Premiership. Show the guy respect he is due.

Great player? Yes.

In our team? No.

No one player is greater than the team.

I'll be booing. Not sledging though, just booing.

I'd like to say no to booing Gibbs….but as other have pointed out, hes not on our team.

But it will be a respectful boo, a kind of boo that says "yeah I'm booing, but we still love you".

I honestly hope he scores the first try of the match, then we smash them 36 to 4.

:slight_smile:

He's done nothing to deserve being booed,
He got kicked out,

Of course when he runs out with the rest of the sharks, they'll be getting a bit.

Hopefully he'll realise it's aimed at Carney and Co
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I'd be surprised if he copped a few boos. I thik he'll get some respectful cheers.
If anyones going to cop a hammering from the crowd it'll be Fifita. Fans have turned against him faster than the turnstiles will be ticking over at Leichardt on Sunday afternoon.

I don't boo Wests Tigers premiership players no matter where they're playing.

I never boo the opposition and one of my pet hates is those who it give it to opposition fans after a big game….it is like that to enjoy the win you need someone else to be hurting. I always figure a real fan knows what it is like to lose a semi or something and to rub it in to another is cruel.
I hope Bryce does, I certainly hope we win, but if we happen to lose and Bryce has a role in that well good luck to him, he gave 100% for us for a long time, in the professional age, players and clubs unfortunately part way, I hold no animosity to either because of it.

I like the EPL where a lot of players receive applause on their return to an ex club. Granted it doesnt happen all the time but I think it would be warranted in this case

great post alf. i wholeheartedly agree.

i dont ever boo anyone. im a (kind of) west coast eagles fans and was disgusted when the subi oval crowd booed chris judd playing for Carlton.

as for bryce, i am hoping the fans at LO will show some class and refrain from booing and maybe even show their appreciation for a guy who gave 9 years to our club.

I wonder what everyone's reaction if Brycie puts it on someone

I wonder if people's opinions will change then

depends on the hit HT. if its a matai hit i will hate him forever after!

Last opposition player I remember getting a warm welcome at Leichhardt Oval was Larry Corowa when he made a comeback with the old Gold Coast team.

@happy tiger said:

It would certainly be a defining moment….no turning back if he did.
Be similar to artie/crow in Origin I on a lesser scale

Imo he deserves a run thru banner for himself, cheer girls especially for him, marching band and a solo saxophinist as well as gymnasts, fireworks and a dance theme with people dressed as taxi drivers running all over the place.

@Goose said:
I never boo the opposition and one of my pet hates is those who it give it to opposition fans after a big game….it is like that to enjoy the win you need someone else to be hurting. I always figure a real fan knows what it is like to lose a semi or something and to rub it in to another is cruel.
I hope Bryce does, I certainly hope we win, but if we happen to lose and Bryce has a role in that well good luck to him, he gave 100% for us for a long time, in the professional age, players and clubs unfortunately part way, I hold no animosity to either because of it.

I am the same , never did quite work out why people booed.It used to pump me up to be quite honest .
But he will cop some booing come sunday .

@happy tiger said:

I won't be booing him,
but yeh if starts the biff, then that's the end of the line.

Will be interest to see if you does and with who.
I'll put my money on a bit of show with Fulton.
Bit of a mate against mate thing.

Back