Bulldogs next week…

I essentially said that very thing.

We've shown we can score points, just not in the last several weeks.

So, I'll reiterate, we are capable of beating them. Just as they are capable of beating us.

That is, if their middle can hold their own...
I more worried about our edge and out wide capabilities than our middle.
If you look at the stats we have been ok but we just don’t finish and always look “clunky” in the backs.
When is that going to end ?

I don't understand what's happened to our attack. We put 32 points on Cronulla who have only lost the one game and have the best defence to date. They have only had 68 points scored against them in the 6 other games. So what did we do in that game that we are not doing now.

Baffling.

We're going ok, with plenty to work on.

The Dogs are going ok, with plenty to work on.

This is a team in a similar boat to us. The recency bias that has people worried they'll pump us is more of an indictment of the degree to which they watch the 1% of the game.

The Tigers are more than capable of handling Canterbury.
If we play to our best which hasn't happened for quite some time

JAC is in stellar form as is Kikau. They have the arguably the best centre in the competition and Burtons bombs are as good as they get and have the capacity wreak havoc with Kikau's kick chase. Connor Tracey is proving to be a great link man and Burton can finish off any backline move with his running game
No wrist cutting but if we are going to win we need to find a way to convert our opportunities because they have the players that are more than capable of converting theirs.
Thats hardly all over the park though it’s one edge . The other edge is meh , and thier middles are the worst in the comp .
Just chill my guy !

Thats hardly all over the park though it’s one edge . The other edge is meh , and thier middles are the worst in the comp .
Just chill my guy !
They only have to dominate on one edge to make life difficult just like St George did to us with Hunt bombing for Lomax.
Opens up space for the rest of the team to attack on the back of a good kick chase and or forcing errors. If we don't diffuse Burtons kicking game nullifying Kikau, Crichton and JAC we will be in a whole world of pain.
Their forwards are serviceable and all they have to do is get some decent field position for their attack to capitalize - and they are more than capable of scoring length of field tries on the back of their speed.
I will be very surprised if they are not clear favourites.

I don't understand what's happened to our attack. We put 32 points on Cronulla who have only lost the one game and have the best defence to date. They have only had 68 points scored against them in the 6 other games. So what did we do in that game that we are not doing now.
We got a couple of lucky bounces of the ball and the rub of the green with some refereeing decisions that night.

We got a couple of lucky bounces of the ball and the rub of the green with some refereeing decisions that night.
Yep, exactly.

We got that night what the other teams we've played recently have gotten against us. We've had a lean run in the luck department which has emphasised our weaknesses, attack in particular, which has impacted the bottom line; wins.

Well said, Captain Obvious :)
I was drawing a distinction between needing to be at our very best to beat the Bulldogs

vs.

improving but not necessarily playing out of our skin being enough to win.

My stance was it was more the latter.

Sometimes reading the whole thread helps; context is important.

Yeh that's my first thought on this topic... Who do we have on our right edge Fainu Naden & Staimes?
Good.luck.to them
We might go out to this game.depending on a few things. Maybe away fro CSS. &.O.we.mighr jag a Win
Do we have any players on report?

I agree, but I don't think we need to be at our best to beat them, we just need to be better.
Do you mean we just need to be better than we have been or just better than they are?

I wish we were always better than our opponents.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back