Can the WT make the top 8 in 2023

@Cobarcats have you merged threads and deleted posts?
I've replied to posts in this thread that was elsewhere yesterday and now my replys are gone?

Resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 2 teams in the last 20yrs or so have gone from last to top 8 next season.

We were 10 wins behind 8th.

We had what 7 close games this year that we lost. Still 3 big game different behind.

Api/Papa are good & Sheens can produce miracles, I don't see it without some other bigger swap outs happening

I think success will be measured on a steady climb up the ladder, playing consistent effort based footy every week and winning close games. Blooding and coaching our young guns and showing some resilience and steel.
We do this and we’ll attract further quality signings. We will then boast enough quality in our squad to be able to compete with the top 8 teams.
At least that’s what I’m hoping!!

Very high.

Api and Papaliti. Staines . Munster . And in the backs we have a lot of good kids to come through with speed Tupou and Scolari and Jimmy Ngutlik . I’m hearing Munster will be announced November 3 if not beforehand depending whether Storm let him negotiate before 1 November .
Doesn’t mean he will be here before 24

I'll have a look INK. The merge may have hit a bug. Sorry about that.
I found one that didn't come across so I put it it the right spot for your response. They are #121 and #122 in this thread. Sorry for the hick up INK.
Any further probs just PM me.

If we sign a good forward or two then i think its a possibility. Our forwards got bashed all year so if we can bend the line in attack and push em back in defence we will win more than lose.

You know what guys and girls,I really dont give a crap where we finish next year because every year its the same old garbage ""we have a hard working squad,we have a good coach,we have youth,we have good assistants and the crap goes on""in the end we dont play finals,we sack the coach,players leave mid season or dont play to their paycheck and we watch as the front office face the media and spew garbage that they think will appease the fanbase and members....
SO FOR MINE...if the club gains much needed stability right through from players to BOARD MEMBERS,changes the culture to a hard working wanting to be here attitude,get us decent recruits and stop with the fanfare of all will be good because the OLD BOYS CLUB is back(Sheens,Benji Robbie)then I may take an interest again...
For to long we have ridden on the back of 2005,instead we should have looked ahead to make some sort of finals appearance on a regular basis with smart recruitment,good leadership and sound managerial skills( lots of money squandered on players that were no use to us,Ballin,Packer,Mats,Mbye etc come to mind...
This next season should be an opportunity to show the NRL world that we can be smart,competative and a stable club that people will keep paying membership to be part of and also make other clubs realise that the WTs can be a damaging force to reckon with...

Its all up to them,I will pay my usual member fee and support the club,I cant do anymore than that,even though I get frustrated and angry watching the crap unfold year in year out,things have to improve or we dont DESERVE to be in the NRL....

You know what guys and girls,I really dont give a crap where we finish next year because every year its the same old garbage ""we have a hard working squad,we have a good coach,we have youth,we have good assistants and the crap goes on""in the end we dont play finals,we sack the coach,players leave mid season or dont play to their paycheck and we watch as the front office face the media and spew garbage that they think will appease the fanbase and members....
SO FOR MINE...if the club gains much needed stability right through from players to BOARD MEMBERS,changes the culture to a hard working wanting to be here attitude,get us decent recruits and stop with the fanfare of all will be good because the OLD BOYS CLUB is back(Sheens,Benji Robbie)then I may take an interest again...
For to long we have ridden on the back of 2005,instead we should have looked ahead to make some sort of finals appearance on a regular basis with smart recruitment,good leadership and sound managerial skills( lots of money squandered on players that were no use to us,Ballin,Packer,Mats,Mbye etc come to mind...
This next season should be an opportunity to show the NRL world that we can be smart,competative and a stable club that people will keep paying membership to be part of and also make other clubs realise that the WTs can be a damaging force to reckon with...

Its all up to them,I will pay my usual member fee and support the club,I cant do anymore than that,even though I get frustrated and angry watching the crap unfold year in year out,things have to improve or we dont DESERVE to be in the NRL....
Imo we’ve got probably 5 years to prove ourselves or it will be relocationsville, or out.
Lots of responsibility on Sheens and Cos shoulders.

Back