Cayless Cleared

Danos

**Cayless avoids charge for hit on Carney
February 22, 2010 - 3:49PM**

Wests Tigers forward Jason Cayless has avoided a charge for his hit on Sydney Roosters back Todd Carney after footage of the incident was deemed "inconclusive".

The NRL match review committee did not lay any charges following the weekend's trials but did issue a statement on the Cayless incident, which occurred during Sunday's Foundation Cup match at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Cayless, who has returned to the NRL after a stint in the English Super League, was put on report for the 63rd minute shot.

"Whilst contact was avoidable from player Cayless, we deemed the video footage available to be inconclusive," the statement read.

"We are unsure of the point of contact made by Cayless with player (Todd) Carney.

"The penalty awarded by the referee is deemed sufficient."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/cayless-avoids-charge-for-hit-on-carney-20100222-or52.html

Whoooooo…Hoooooooooooo

Finally a break.............cause live it looked pretty conclusive....

Cayless...dodged a bullett

Thx Danos......

we should be thankful that this game WASN'T shown on fox, otherwise it would have cost him some game-time!

Good news for the Tigers and Cayless. He certainly didn't miss with that shot. Hopefully he'll get to work on the match fitness some more against the Sharks this week.

@benjibrotown said:
I thought Cayless was gone for sure, very lucky to get away with this one IMO.

Great news isn't it i seen the hit on fox sports news last night and he didn't miss. I hope he has a big season,and injuries behind him

looks like our luck has changed… Gibbs would of got a month for that.

Watching it on Foxsports news and I agree it looks quite bad
but as I was just watching Sport's Tonght they showed a replay zoomed in and slower.
On that replay he actually had his elbow tucked in at the moment of impact and
only got Carney with his upper arm. So I think that is why the match review commitee let him off.

Back