Central Coast Bears

@alex said:
The North Shore is very Union oriented. Majority of the schools out west play league, whereas the North Shore private schools starting as low as Hunters Hill (Joeys) are all Union based.

If theyre to capture the North Shore market they need at least one or two games at North Sydney Oval.

They have the backing of Channel 9 (which is pretty much all the NRL wants to hear) and have support from guys like Peter Sterling (who lives on the Central Coast, about 10mins from Gosford) and have a former footballer in Greg Florimo organising everything.

I hope it all works out for them soon.

Your right - but I'm talking more the age 5 - 12 year old group. There is some AFL, some soccer - but I have to travel to either the Northern Beaches or Ryde for my kids to get a game of league, and it is the same for union.

Hope we get a team on the coast, would be great. But not the Bears I think they should create a club from scratch!
Anyway not too worried either way less distance to travel to get to one more tigers game, also living not too far away would prob ventre to a few random games at bluetounge.

if the bears come back into the nrl, what year will they come back in? :question: to be honest by the time they do came back in that's if they do heighington will have past his peak and we could just off load him and buy another good player, i don't think he is playing as well as he did last year and to be honest i'm not sorely missing him

Heighno is going to have some media training if he's going to be the captain of the Bears…. :laughing:

@Geo. said:
King Sirro will be happy….Heighington>>>>>>>>>>>C C Bears.....

hahaha, i was going to just post something but decided to read through the thread first, glad i did. Your spot on Geo, in fact, i might get on the Bears campaign committee to try and get them in next year so we can free up the money we are wasting on Heighno asap :laughing:

They'll return in 2013\. Hino will be the wrong side of 30, I wouldn't be too upset if they took him, we'd have gotten 10 years of good service out of him. I'd be more concerned if they sharked Moltzen off us, he'd be 23-24ish and running into his best years.

@Marshall_magic said:
They'll return in 2013\. Hino will be the wrong side of 30, I wouldn't be too upset if they took him, we'd have gotten 10 years of good service out of him. I'd be more concerned if they sharked Moltzen off us, he'd be 23-24ish and running into his best years.

I think people (esp the CC Bears) over estimate the desire of players from the CC to return there. Its not like moving back from Sydney to the Gold Coast or North Queensland. I really don't think these guys are desperate to move back to Toukley… :unamused:

@king sirro said:
I'd love to see the Bears back, ive missed them since they got shafted.

Geez some people have a romantic view on history. Norths were not shafted. They went broke (liquidation) PRIOR TO the criteria being applied. IT was in their own hands.

Glenn

@Yossarian said:
@Marshall_magic said:

I think people (esp the CC Bears) over estimate the desire of players from the CC to return there. Its not like moving back from Sydney to the Gold Coast or North Queensland. I really don't think these guys are desperate to move back to Toukley… :unamused:

I think the likes of Moltzen will be prime targets for them, much like how the Titans went hard after local juniors.

Back