CEO - Shane Richardson

Yeah I like it too, but Ive been too afraid to talk it up lol, especially his week.

Our jungle!
The fact that it is adjacent to their Leagues club and has permanent Eels branding is not a hint that it is a loaner...

I was one of the few that regularly attended "Sydney Tigers" HOME games at the old Parra Stadium in 95-96 - and unless we played Parra or Canterbury it was basically a wasteland of empty blue seats and two empty hills,

Massive failure - despite Parra Stadium then being the second best rugby league stadium in NSW after the SFS!

As you are in Penrith - I see the potential attraction of the shiny new stadium and food options which is easy to get to etc.

For a live rugby league experience I always preferred the ambience of smaller grounds like Leichhardt - North Sydney Oval - Kogarah - Henson Park - Wollongong - even crappy Belmore!

The big problem with Campbelltown is that Wests Magpies moved there without proof of concept that it was a viable long term market for the club to gain traction - and the reality remains the proof of concept for Macarthur as a viable financially sound base is still yet to be proven!

Population growth in the region is overstated and problematic in that the cultural demographics mean newcomers have zero affilation with rugby league - and the only loocal sponsors are SMEs with small bank balances!

Cheers. No I'm not anti Balmain either. I was born, bred and raised a Balmain supporter ( and now WT) and I love Leichhardt Oval. But when I was a kid going there, the footy was in the daylight, The Sun and the Daily Mirror were the papers, you had to wind the car window up by hand, my dad used to park the Kingswood just outside the oval itself and Kerry Hemsley was the easiest autograph to get as he walked from the players car park around to the grandstand. All golden memories for me. The problem is all those things have modernised and/or moved on, except the facilities at the old girl.
Without funding, the ground is great for nostalgic value and diehards. it has a great atmosphere when the crowd is into it. So does Comm Bank ( if your an Eels supporter/ player). Unless something drastic happens, I would be happy for a "back to Leichhardt" day just like what the Dogs do at Belmore.
Kerry is still there most home games with Larry Corowa!

They are not the only old Balmain boys who get down there most games - because it is an occasion.

Both are still happy to interact with fans as they stand on the concourse!

Who are the Wests legends who turn up to Cambo Wests Tigers games??

Ssrious question?

Aren't the McGuinness boys etc still living in the area?

I was going to condemn the piece, but you have encapsulated everything I was going to say. Thank you.

Doesn’t mean I’m anti Balmain etc and I imagine, neither are you.

The author said he didn’t want to over-sentimentalise it, then swiftly proceeded to.

If he wants his kid to follow in his footsteps, he’d better get behind CSS and our South West.
When will the South West get behind the Tigers? No one turns up to games there.

When will the South West get behind the Tigers? No one turns up to games there.
When we do something about it, which is part of the Richo manifesto.

It’s just not going to happen overnight.

Nor is the torching of LO for a watercress forest the ungrateful locals have been campaigning for over 40 years.

Instead of sponsoring the blues and his other narcissistic rubbish, Lee should start to fund the upgrade.

He can put a statue of himself at the front wearing his fedora and the creepy Brydens Logo his nephew designed at kindy in finger painting class.

Last edited:
Must be depressing having to hope for that

I doubt it'll be a bother, we're on the up re; on field performances which is the bottom line
Cheers. No I'm not anti Balmain either. I was born, bred and raised a Balmain supporter ( and now WT) and I love Leichhardt Oval. But when I was a kid going there, the footy was in the daylight, The Sun and the Daily Mirror were the papers, you had to wind the car window up by hand, my dad used to park the Kingswood just outside the oval itself and Kerry Hemsley was the easiest autograph to get as he walked from the players car park around to the grandstand. All golden memories for me. The problem is all those things have modernised and/or moved on, except the facilities at the old girl.
Without funding, the ground is great for nostalgic value and diehards. it has a great atmosphere when the crowd is into it. So does Comm Bank ( if your an Eels supporter/ player). Unless something drastic happens, I would be happy for a "back to Leichhardt" day just like what the Dogs do at Belmore.
Exactly my thoughts.... I wonder how many of these people still line up in the bank with a passbook... Go to the Telecom office to pay their landline bill, then to AGL office and finally line up on. Monday morning at the station to get their city weekly ticket

Must be depressing having to hope for that

I doubt it'll be a bother, we're on the up re; on field performances which is the bottom line
Exactly my thoughts.... I wonder how many of these people still line up in the bank with a passbook... Go to the Telecom office to pay their landline bill, then to AGL office and finally line up on. Monday morning at the station to get their city weekly ticket
Very funny Ink.I needed a laugh after my golf today.

It’s a very simple thing , that I don’t understand what it is that people don’t get .
Everyone agrees that LO is a time warp back to 1980 ? Does anyone disagree ?
I’m going to assume yes the answer to above .
So if Q1 is yes , then obviously the next question is do we all agree that it is in desperate need of an uplift , not just for money reasons , but also the fact that there are some glaring HSE issues and even hygiene issues . Not to mention does it rules around event standards re. Toilets , food and drinks etc. ? So I think everyone would then agree that the answer to Q2 is yes .
So assuming everyone answered Q1 and Q2 yes , then the next question is does anyone have the money to upgrade it ? If the answer is no ….. which I assume it is .
Then the answer to all of the above is the tigers have to play elsewhere …

Lose the emotion and actually think .
What happens if another rail collapses and someone actually gets hurt . Or the toilets due to the filth of them actually cause someone to get sick …
Is that a reason to leave ?
Wayne Pearce was my hero as a kid .
But the place is falling apart and no one will fix it . The joint will be a community park / apartment blocks within 20 years . And because the tigers don’t own it , we are screwed .
Tell me that the council isn’t rubbing its hands together for that secretly .
The only way none of this happens is if the nrl buys it and can drum up federal cash .
Otherwise this is it.
Instead of focusing on whether we can/ can’t stay the next question is … which should have been the first question all along, where are we actually going to put down roots . And it isn’t LO , as much as we all love it …
What 'glaring HSE issues'?
I keep seeing this type of claim, with no specifics.

It stirs great passions in people.

I understand that despite hard labours, a lot of research shows people were indeed happier and more content in past.

The levels of depression and suicide in the country remains impossibly high and increasing, yet medical science is saving countless people etc.

I’m not sure we shouldn’t stop to reflect where we are heading.

Hopefully CSS and LO.

How does Canada Bay council manage to stump up $30mil for the COE, but Darcy and his inner west cronies can't find a single cent.

It's bad enough that they destroyed the club with their planning approval process.

They just don't want the Tigers there. It's all lip service, no action.
The council didn't destroy the Balmain Leagues Club at all. There are so many incorrect claims made about this.

The club went broke and sold its site to a developer, with a promise that they would get a club space in a new building.

It took years for the developer to submit applications that complied with local planning controls. They were knocked back several times by a state committee, not council.

Now they've had approval since 2022, still nothing happening.

Reactions: BZN
The council didn't destroy the Balmain Leagues Club at all. There are so many incorrect claims made about this.

The club went broke and sold its site to a developer, with a promise that they would get a club space in a new building.

It took years for the developer to submit applications that complied with local planning controls. They were knocked back several times by a state committee, not council.

Now they've had approval since 2022, still nothing happening.
Then it got torched didn’t it?

From memory, I think there was a battle about the height of the structure.

At least it’s environmentally friendly now, zero emissions, the locals no doubt approve.

Last edited:
Seriously ? How is that an answer ?
Wasn’t supposed to be.

I liked the journos point about all that government money going to Penrith.

Short of cash, the LO people need to get active and campaign on the streets and swing their support behind any party willing to stump up.

An answer? Well it’s not an easy problem to fix.

Probably a joint govt/private enterprise effort.

This is where memberships are important. If we had a lot of members, we’d have more influence. And it seems, ironically, that untapped nursery is SW.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
If we value game attendance numbers higher than tribalism and territoriality then we should play all our home games at Suncorp.

Back