CEO - Shane Richardson

I can understand your sentiments in regard to CSS,however,a little history lesson for you,it used to be called Orana Park and was part of group 6 when Moss Vale,Bowral,Picton etc used to play against Campbelltown City,Collegians etc...
The whole place was refurbished to what it is now over many different eras..
I very much enjoy travelling there for our games when I can,however I totally agree that it needs a complete upgrade to be on the same level as the major stadiums we have...
To a lot of us older folks who remember it,it was basically a community oval,it hosted many sports over the years and I think it was refurbished and renamed when the Maggies played out of there,not sure but its a long time ago for me...
Yep I get that mate . But I also think Leichhardt needs to get its proposal through as well .
Leichhardt is blessed because the acoustics , and atmosphere , is already there , so people turn a. Kind eye to how much of a shit hole the place really is : and I love the joint !
It’s ridiculous that Penrith and manly get an upgrade before we do . Both our ovals are used for multiple sports and different types of events and both those other ovals are used 12 times a year .
It’s ridiculous to be honest .

club rugby, women's soccer, sometimes ALeague and nrl plus community sports gets played out of LO. I think they will get a boutique upgrade at some point

Yep I get that mate . But I also think Leichhardt needs to get its proposal through as well .
Leichhardt is blessed because the acoustics , and atmosphere , is already there , so people turn a. Kind eye to how much of a shit hole the place really is : and I love the joint !
It’s ridiculous that Penrith and manly get an upgrade before we do . Both our ovals are used for multiple sports and different types of events and both those other ovals are used 12 times a year .
It’s ridiculous to be honest .

Brookvale oval is used plenty of times for other sports and juniors …Cant comment on Penrith

Last edited:
Tigers must get the clicks …. Half a dozen stories a day

I think the editor changed that headline. I read that article this morning don't remember the claim that anyone is ditching Balmain amd Leichhardt.

And of course the article says nothing of the sort, so it's a stupid headline.

I think the editor changed that headline. I read that article this morning don't remember the claim that anyone is ditching Balmain amd Leichhardt.

I read it earlier too… so can’t remember it exactly … it was just a rehash of Richo’s comments yesterday…

I agree that the headline is stupid as I don’t understand the relevance to “Balmain”…

Lazy ass jounro trying to cash in clicks &
divide. Our future is in South west & inner.
Neglecting one or the other would be fatal

I might be mistaken but wasn't it Richardson who was ceo at South's when they started making their push down there. In the presser yesterday he sounded adamant that that's our future, so I reckon he's going to finally position the Tigers more aggressively out Campbelltown way. I'm an ex Balmain supporter. Personally I believe we need change. Play retro round at Leichardt. Train at Concord. Play the rest of our home games at Campbelltown it's our future and our nursery. We're the Wests Tigers now.
If you’re playing at Campbelltown exclusively you want to start training at Campbelltown exclusively. We may not have the resources correct at the moment but that would be the long term goal. If you are going to try and get buy in to a growth area you need the players to be as ingrained in the area as the community is.

If you’re playing at Campbelltown exclusively you want to start training at Campbelltown exclusively. We may not have the resources correct at the moment but that would be the long term goal. If you are going to try and get buy in to a growth area you need the players to be as ingrained in the area as the community is.

You don't spend $78m on a new centre of
excellence in the hub of Sydney to go to
shitty facilities way out west. Glad Ctown
is getting a much needed facelift though

It was mentioned yesterday that one of the reviewers had previously worked with Richo.

Who gives a shit. Richo is friends with every1
in the league world, one of the best football
administrators to ever do it too. I'm glad
they made the call. My only gripe with him
is his mispronunciation of players' names haha

Who gives a shit. Richo is friends with every1
in the league world, one of the best football
administrators to ever do it too. I'm glad
they made the call. My only gripe with him
is his mispronunciation of players' names haha
The question was asked, and I gave a possible connection. I'm happy he's here.
I doubt the Tony Bartuccio dancers and his cohorts on the board had any connections.

I hear you but pretty sure that's gone out the windows with the centre of excellence at Concord. The last admin got funding for a centre of excellence at Campbelltown that was going to be use for our juniors. Not sure what will happen now though.

Shane Richardson on his immediate focus to help Benji Marshall: “Tighten up our recruitment, tighten up the way we do recruitment, tighten up leaks in the club and all the bullshit that goes with that, and just make things more like a real footy club”
How sweet that sounds ! Just watched his presser again, ex prop, hard but fair I’d say, he knows what works and what doesn’t do let him establish a strategic plan and the follow it.
Whoever’s in charge !

Hell yeah, I reckon WT are on the way up. Thank you Shane for signing on- your ability to get things done and lead the way are demonstrated and successful. It can only be a positive for us.
He really knows what improving and winning looks like, that alone is worth its weight in gold.
His contract is officially from 2/1/24 - 30/6/24 so it’s going to be a busy 6 months. Can’t wait and resurrecting my interstate membership as an act of faith.
Let’s go Tigers in 24 !

You probably need both facilities to accommodate the demands of the first grade team and the juniors.

I doubt the club just ups and moves everything including all home games to Campbelltown.

It's the logical plan.
Move us permanently to Campbelltown then maybe change the logo to something the locals can relate to.
Maybe a species of the local birdlife.
Something like a Magpie would be good.
You know that is never going to happen. I would hazard a guess that there are fewer ex magpie supporters in the campbelltown area than there are in the inner west. I only highlighted Richo's quote as he has been banging on about the need for the club to establish itself in the Macarthur region. As he says its no good saying what you are going to doing there and giving yourself a pat on the back. You need to be seen doing what you say. I think Lee H alluded to the fact the Pascoe had wrangled another 41mil out of the govt that was to be allocated to a COE/Academy in the area. The problem has never been that the club hasn't recognised the potential of the area just that they have really dragged their feet in actually doing anything there. And no i don't live in the area - i don't even live in Sydney.

Latest posts

Members online

Back