CEO - Shane Richardson

Richo claims that previous season's membership numbers (around 20,000) were counting a significant number of free passes handed out to junior league players as WT memberships.

Says that he's unhappy with the misleading way in which it was reported and is aiming for 10,000 members for this season.
I've been saying for a few years now that the member numbers were dodgy, but thought that memberships were being counted 2 and 3 times due to the multiple home grounds.

At least now we know the truth.

I've been saying for a few years now that the member numbers were dodgy, but thought that memberships were being counted 2 and 3 times due to the multiple home grounds.

At least now we know the truth.
I didn't think it would be a low as 7k. 400k supporters but only that many members. They were running the place into the ground.

I've said this before, everyone on here who isn't a member (for whatever reason) should grab a non-ticketed club membership. Not too expensive but helps the club immensely (plus you get a free hat!). I live in Darwin and have been a member for something like 15 years.

Baffled that WT don't advertise this as a genuine option for building the club. The obsession with seats is only part of the battle to become the number one club in the NRL.

Good interview.
I like the bloke, I'm glad he's in charge but I remember Lee being crucified for the same membership diatribe.
So the family that buys merch, pays their Fox subscription or watches on 9 so that the T.V. money is there aren't important?
The family that turns up at Campbo or Leichhardt week after week but aren't members don't count?
I think he may need to stop and have a think about what he's saying.

Good interview.
I like the bloke, I'm glad he's in charge but I remember Lee being crucified for the same membership diatribe.
So the family that buys merch, pays their Fox subscription or watches on 9 so that the T.V. money is there aren't important?
The family that turns up at Campbo or Leichhardt week after week but aren't members don't count?
That's the only thing I fault him on.

Maybe he was having a diabetes induced brain fade or something but I'd have thought someone who is as straight shooting as he is would understand the reasons behind why the club would be struggling for membership.

Good interview.
I agree with him, as someone quoted above just buy a non ticketed membership! Don’t be tight, put your money where your mouth is! U all winged fir change, they changed and u don’t want to cough up the mula..
Souths have 30,000 paying members, I bet there all not ticketed members.

Members online

No members online now.
Back