CEO - Shane Richardson

People can agree he's good for the club and still point out when he's wrong about something.
He's not a political leader, you don't have to be all in on everything he says.
In this instance he's very very wrong and runs the risk of alienating supporters who DO financially support the club through ticket sales and merch.
Let's not all mindlessly bow down like he's the Bhaghwan Sree Rajneesh. He's good for the club but he'll get things wrong like the rest of us.
We finally get a decent CEO, and old mate starts a thread to point out where he's wrong.

All I'm saying is we should be grateful to finally have someone who is competent rather than focusing on the negatives.

I loved listening to the podcast It filled me with hope, something the supporters have been lacking for years.

We finally get a decent CEO, and old mate starts a thread to point out where he's wrong.
He is wrong with that point. If I wasn’t a member and I heard that, he wouldn’t get a cent from me

Reactions: BZN
Really impressed by your loyalty to the club and agree that membership is possible with a bit of sacrifice of stuff. I also agree with Richardson on his seemingly hardline stance on only talking to members, but...

I just also think a bit of perspective and sympathy also helps. There are plenty of people out there who are well past buying uber eats and cutting out beer who continue to struggle. Maybe they're sloppy with money elsewhere or could do better with their finances, but they're probably just poor people with limited money trying to do their best. And, if they have kids, they probably really wish they could afford to have club membership but use those dollars towards buying their kids footy boots or something of the like. Membership in that situation can be seen as a selfish indulgence.

The op mentioned that he goes to some games and buys some merchandise. I suppose he could cut out going to a match or not buy a team polo or something like that, but I understand why he's buying merchandise and going to the game instead.

Again, people should be members if they're fans, but I think for many people the luxuries you list are not a part of their budget anymore and being 'very upset' about fans not being members probably misses the complexities that many of our fans experience.
If you can’t afford it he’s not talking to you. There’s more than 7000 who can afford it. Apply a bit of common sense like Richo does people.

Last edited:
There are 400,000 Tigers fans, but only 7,000 of them buy club membership. What is that telling us? Solar panel phone hawkers have a better strike rate, so rather than alienate 393,000 fans, why not revisit the product they’re trying to sell?
This message is the same one espoused by Pascoe and Hagipantelis, so it must be coming from HBG.
News flash, the 400,000 was a lie as well.

Devotion matters, but it doesn't give you any grounds to question the CEO. That's all. He's working for members. Just like shareholders.

Tucker talks about getting off high horses. But I think it works both ways. Who thinks they have the right to be upset at a CEO without buying the service.
The people who live remotely but follow this club do not deserve a kick in the pants from the CEO who looks like a homeless bum in a borrowed St Vinnies suit.
I have held memberships at various periods throughout our run of shite and have not attended games due to not living anywhere near Sydney. This year I have relented and bought one for the first time in 5 years. He keeps talking like this and I’ll happily cancel it.

The people who live remotely but follow this club do not deserve a kick in the pants from the CEO who looks like a homeless bum in a borrowed St Vinnies suit.
I have held memberships at various periods throughout our run of shite and have not attended games due to not living anywhere near Sydney. This year I have relented and bought one for the first time in 5 years. He keeps talking like this and I’ll happily cancel it.
He’s aiming for 10,000 mate. Not every poor bloke in woop woop.

If the NRL and not WT basically pays for player salaries which is what ive heard on here from others, and i think Canada Bay Council and State Gov paid for alot of the COE upgrades, and Sponsors obviously chip a chunk of dollars. Are Members fees basically paying for administration, media team and CEO or board member salaries?

I'm oversimplifying it, but all Justin and Lee did was look at WT as a business driven by P&L and it played out on the field and in the media.

I don't have an issue with the CEO saying hes going to listen to members more but when Richo finally gets WT in to their next GF, he should be doing more than praying that we light up ANZ stadium with Black, White and Gold screaming fans that goes way over just 8000 members.

Richo is a bit of a rough diamond for sure but he is also a successful top class CEO of the kind we've needed for years. I'm prepared to cop the odd intemperate remark for the payoff of good administration. As the late Jack Gibson used to say, you can't win anything without a good front office.

All I'm saying is we should be grateful to finally have someone who is competent rather than

All I'm saying is we should be grateful to finally have someone who is competent rather than focusing on the negatives.

I loved listening to the podcast It filled me with hope, something the supporters have been lacking for years.
Pablo,I agree with your post..I see things this way for me...
1,,happy to have a decent CEO on board who knows the game..
2,,I buy an out of town membership each year but sometimes cant get to a game all season due to work..
3..I respect the fact that some families cant afford memberships but love the club,they are just as important to the club as fans in my opinion because if they get to a game and buy some form of merch it also contributes...
4..Im very happy to see the club work in a positive way,we all know the negatives over the years and we have to start somewhere to find success on the field...
Lastly I couldnt care less if Richo talked to me or not,he is a person doing a job he is getting paid for,as many of us do as well,he is a person just like all of us except with some other skillset different from ours...get the job done Richo for the betterment of the club and many people will be happy...

This is a storm in a tea cup !!!

Fair Dunkin people's over estimated belief in their own self importance never fails to amaze me.

Dose anyone seriously think Richo is going to act on anything a fan says to him whether they are a member or not???

If you buy something at Woolworths do you get a vote at the AGM ? A direct line to the CEO ???

If you want to be a member be one and if not don't either way it's not going to make the footy any more or less enjoyable or make anybody more or less important !

I have been a member in the past, I canned it in 2019 but have still been to games since. I reinstated my membership this year because I'm happy with the decisions the club is making and the direction it's heading in.

I want our CEO to be running the business so well that we forget who he is.

Dose anyone even remotely think Richo is going to take the advice of Johhny member number XYZ back to the board room and present it to the board or to tell Benji to adjust his game plan ?? If you do please tell the Easter bunny and Santa clause I said hi !!!

We have already seen change can be affected without being a member, dose everyone thinks all the people who signed the petition were members ???

Everyone just chill and relax the footy season is almost here .......

It all counts, AFL also count pets as paying members do it’s not just a Pascoe thing. Look your one of the biggest Pascoe haters on here, they got rid of him like u wanted. So did u put your money where your mouth is?? Or are u just another non paying mouth piece??
U can be a supporter all u like but unless your a paying member, u shouldn’t have a voice. It’s like other league clubs memberships like parra and the dogs, u have to be a member to vote the board out, simples.

The thing is ...we arent members, dont be conned
Youre a season ticket holder, or a card holder...as you said Parra and Dogs have members

He basically said Lee and Pascoe have been absolutely full of it throughout their tenure. Fudging membership numbers, taking credit for financial stability when we're just leeching to remain viable, outdated marketing, poor support of the football operations. Not much more he could tread on. He talked approvingly about Benji's style of play, where Pascoe and Lee never knew about such matters to be able to talk about.

Pascoe, as recently as his podcast interview with Graham, said everything's great with operations now we just need success on the field, Richardson said when our club operations are successful we will be successful on the field. Easy to see who has the right priorities.

Loved it.

As fans we got a sense that Pascoe was sloppy and a bit clueless, but seeing Richardson just talking decent sensible ideas really proves to me just how bad Pascoe was.
I believe Pascoe was a decent bloke who had Wests Tigers at heart and did the best job he was capable of in working with a club struggling in many areas.
But it has been shown since Richo has taken command, Pascoe was way out of his depth in getting us of the bottom of the ladder and I think he knew his time was up so resigned before he was ingloriously pushed.
As for Lee H., he's proved to be nothing more than an egotesticle show pony.

I believe Pascoe was a decent bloke who had Wests Tigers at heart and did the best job he was capable of in working with a club struggling in many areas.
But it has been shown since Richo has taken command, Pascoe was way out of his depth in getting us of the bottom of the ladder and I think he knew his time was up so resigned before he was ingloriously pushed.
As for Lee H., he's proved to be nothing more than an egotesticle show pony.

Can I use that?

Hard not 2 agree with this sentiment. Whatever he
was doing he thought it was right, did a bit of good
too securing COE & stuff but out of his depth like
you said. I don't hold any grudges, past is the past

All those talking about cost it's $75 a year. That's $1.44 a week. Most of the complainers said they buy tickets and merchandise well given it gives you discounts on both for your $75 it's virtually free
Plus you get a free hat!!!

• Haha

Members online

Back