CEO - Shane Richardson

Note on takeaway 1) Get prepared for everybody on the old Wests side of the merger to go ballistic!:ROFLMAO:
One of the reasons I signed on to support this club and then become a member was the recognition afforded to Western Suburbs.

And let’s not forget the loyalty they showed to the club and us fans during the third reich of Lee and Co.
As a club member, I’m going to give Richo a piece of my mind about this treasonous and sacrilegious plan.

He hasn’t thought this through.

I ask him one question: How is this going to make us more competitive as a club?

I’m not wearing it.

Even if I lose, I’m going down fighting on this one.

Some of his other plans, fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
One of the reasons I signed on to support this club and then become a member was the recognition afforded to Western Suburbs.

And let’s not forget the loyalty they showed to the club and us fans during the third reich of Lee and Co.
As a club member, I’m going to give Richo a piece of my mind about this treasonous and sacrilegious plan.

I ask him one question: How is this going to make us more competitive as a club?

I’m not wearing it.

it would be like St Merge deciding to not play any more games at kogarah and solely at Wollongong.
Richo has done some good things he may well have got this one wrong when it comes to shifting from LO

Very woke. He doesn’t like to have the responsibility of people drinking on the Hill at LO for insurance reasons.
I’ve always struggled to work out what woke means. The people who use the term can’t even define it. That, or you can ask 10 different people and get 10 different definitions. But I’m starting to think what people mean by it is they are anti progress.

I’ve always struggled to work out what woke means. The people who use the term can’t even define it. That, or you can ask 10 different people and get 10 different definitions. But I’m starting to think what people mean by it is they are anti progress.
Agree! I find it is a term used by people to denigrate an idea or concept that they disagree with. It is the new term for ‘politically correct’.

I have no idea either. I think it means being PC. I just thought I’d throw it in for a laugh. I think someone on here called Rick Stuart “woke“ in our game against the Raiders which i found funny.

Last edited:
As a responsible CEO should.
I guess. Different era now. It sounds like he despises men who stand and drinking beer on the hill. All about families, golden toilets and good insurance.
i have seen and been in the company of woman, kids (as well as men) enjoying themselves standing on the hill. Don’t think Richo would be able the stand on uneven ground for very long. Sounds like everyone now needs a comfy chair , next to a toilet or be in a corporate box.

Last edited:
it would be like St Merge deciding to not play any more games at kogarah and solely at Wollongong.
Richo has done some good things he may well have got this one wrong when it comes to shifting from LO
It’s been spoken about …. And is a massive inevitability! The issue is WIN also needs to be brought into the 21st century .
The dragons future 💯 is in Wollongong . In fact so much so that the Steelers arnt even a thing for anyone under a certain age , this is the monopoly the dragons have on the Illawarra .
The dragons players themselves are much like Newcastle players a huge part of the community.

I've seen him on the piss at least three times in the Balmain/Rozelle area in the past couple of months... and I don't even live in the state.
Same, iv only seen him once at a restaurant, getting in to a blow up with a blonde woman half his age. They were at it didn't care whoelse was around.

• Wow
I guess. Different area now. It sounds like he despised men drinking beer on the hill. All about families, golden toilets and good insurance.
i have seen and been in the company of woman, kids (as well as men) enjoying themselves standing on the hill. Don’t think Richo would be able the stand on uneven ground for very long. Sounds like everyone now needs a comfy chair , next to a toilet or be in a corporate box.
Well the former chairman said this.

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis said, “We’ve been saying for some time that the state of the facility at Leichhardt is substandard, it’s third-world, and potentially dangerous, what we saw was the fulfilment of that potential.”​

So if anything happens, like an injury or worse, I'm pretty sure the club could be sued as they admitted it's potentially dangerous.

Richardson's comments regarding revolutionary membership for next year I found interesting. He said if you pay for a membership your a member but if you buy 2 jerseys and not a membership your not a member yet you have shelled out like $350. Wonder if in some way you prove you've purchased x amount of merchandise you recieve a minimum membership. He said they're doing something revolutionary next year so I'm very curious now.
It directly answers to the issue alot of us had with Richo saying that he only answers to paid members. By buying merch and going to the games you invest so much more than simply buying the bare minimum membership.

Richardson's comments regarding revolutionary membership for next year I found interesting. He said if you pay for a membership your a member but if you buy 2 jerseys and not a membership your not a member yet you have shelled out like $350. Wonder if in some way you prove you've purchased x amount of merchandise you recieve a minimum membership. He said they're doing something revolutionary next year so I'm very curious now.
It directly answers to the issue alot of us had with Richo saying that he only answers to paid members. By buying merch and going to the games you invest so much more than simply buying the bare minimum membership.
Yes, very interesting. I wonder if you buy x amount of merch you get a non ticketed membership.

Just google “define woke” and it will summarize it for you. An “anti progress” probably a good slant for a left perspective on society.

You are a magnet for commenting on the word “woke” 🤣

Very woke. He doesn’t like to have the responsibility of people drinking on the Hill at LO for insurance reasons.
I didn't see it that way.

He strikes me the exact opposite. Pragmatic and facts based.

I'm gonna back him after decades of failure.

Tigers are the sleeping powerhouse of the NRL

I’m not wearing it.

There is still recognition of Wests as a joint venture club .. same as Balmain.
Are you saying you want more?
Maybe bring Balmain back as a reserve grade side too to make it equal?

Members online

Back