CEO - Shane Richardson

The problem is that they amature hacks. These directors are nothing more than custodians for the club. They do not own it personally, they are agents for their members. I hope to god they don't let their self interests get in the way as it looked like we had finally broken through.

But the chair change after the review spooks me considerably.
Amateur is correct. I remember Julie Romero in the office where we worked 5 to 10 years ago. Walked around in bare feet, was going outside for cigarette breaks every hour, a very low level employee (nothing like her bio suggests) who was subsequently made redundant. She’s the last person I thought would be Chairman of HBG.

I really can't see him leaving after such a short space of time... There's too much more to do
here & bloke like him don't get to where they are by leaving jobs half undone
Like most in biz he’ll go to the highest bidder with the easiest job to do, but most people will stay where they are if the boss tells them how great they are too. So the board just needs to pay him and make sure he knows we love him and we will make this as easy as possible for you to achieve the results you wanna see to be happy (ego factor). And should stay.
We have no Rusty factor though?

Reactions: BZN
Amateur is correct. I remember Julie Romero in the office where we worked 5 to 10 years ago. Walked around in bare feet, was going outside for cigarette breaks every hour, a very low level employee (nothing like her bio suggests) who was subsequently made redundant. She’s the last person I thought would be Chairman of HBG.
That is very unsettling.

I can always like a post even i disagree with it, because it adds value to the conversation.

But there’s no good coaching without a good front office. They go hand in hand.
Same here.

But going to disagree with the second part of your statement while giving it a like.
Look at Parra and Manly. Absolute basketcases behind the scenes. Sure a good front office helps you get a good star and make better contracts. A good coach though will insulate you from any front office trouble.

Where we have languished has been proper training facilities and those extra resources that would boost our training.

Reactions: TSP
He’s said very directly this challenge is not for him if they don’t follow through with governance changes.
Yeah true that is a concern hopefully an extension is announced soon he looked pretty committed talking on camera yesterday he certainly didn’t look like some 1 who was out the door in 3 months time

That is very unsettling.
It's the same with all of them. They have over-inflated bios that make them sound more impressive than what they are.

Dennis has a list of businesses, most of which I cannot see any trace of. So they are either shell companies or defunct.

Tony keeps talking himself up as a "Principal of Raine and Horne", but he's basically a real estate agent in an office of 4.

This why I get ticked off with the argument that HBG owns the WT, so they can make the decisions. Yes, that's true, but these directors are there to make decisions for members. They neither own HBG, nor are equipped to make the decisions necessary. I have more experience than these guys and I would think that I shouldn't be in that position either.

I hope I'm wrong about all this. But if Julie does not take on the recommendations of the report, or loses Shane, then every one of us needs to sign up as HBG members and vote them out.

It's the same with all of them. They have over-inflated bios that make them sound more impressive than what they are.

Dennis has a list of businesses, most of which I cannot see any trace of. So they are either shell companies or defunct.

Tony keeps talking himself up as a "Principal of Raine and Horne", but he's basically a real estate agent in an office of 4.

This why I get ticked off with the argument that HBG owns the WT, so they can make the decisions. Yes, that's true, but these directors are there to make decisions for members. They neither own HBG, nor are equipped to make the decisions necessary. I have more experience than these guys and I would think that I shouldn't be in that position either.

I hope I'm wrong about all this. But if Julie does not take on the recommendations of the report, or loses Shane, then every one of us needs to sign up as HBG members and vote them out.
Can't vote them out.

Wouldn't take too much notice of anything emitting from any of the NRL media swill. If Richo decides to stay at WT, head back to Souths or go someplace else, I'm sure he'll let us know soon enough.

How so mate? I haven't looked into it.
Only 2 positions on the HBG board are voted for by the general members of the HBG. The other 5 positions are representatives of the debenture holders of HBG group. There are currently 20 debenture holders.

The 2 current general member voted directors are TONY ANDREACCHIO and RICK WAYDE. Ironically they were the 2 that really pushed through the review recommendations.

Wouldn't take too much notice of anything emitting from any of the NRL media swill. If Richo decides to stay at WT, head back to Souths or go someplace else, I'm sure he'll let us know soon enough.
Only if you quote your membership no

If HBG stuff this up my membership would be a short lived one & my decision to keep supporting this club will come into serious question. In the short amount of time Richos been here he’s provided stability & a clear direction of where we as a club plan to go… it sounds so simple yet it’s something the club has lacked for a very long time.

Only 2 positions on the HBG board are voted for by the general members of the HBG. The other 5 positions are representatives of the debenture holders of HBG group. There are currently 20 debenture holders.

The 2 current general member voted directors are TONY ANDREACCHIO and RICK WAYDE. Ironically they were the 2 that really pushed through the review recommendations.
Got you. We need to get some of us as debenture holders. Or I wonder if there can be a constitutional change with enough general members.

Doesn't seem like a short term option though.

I won't slag off Tony and Rick any more if they were the ones who stood up and did the right thing.

Last edited:
He’s said very directly this challenge is not for him if they don’t follow through with governance changes.
Also seen him mention with curiosity (or concern) that Romero had an elevated position on the HB Board….

It seems like Groundhog Day - there seems to be a core group there that just won’t let go….
Reminds me of Fitzgerald at Parra, after all these years - and with Parra being more stable than ever…
He’s still trying to get back onto the board…

Can't have any faith in HBG to get the his right. Protected species with no accountability for overseeing years of failure.

Got you. We need to get some of us as debenture holders. Or I wonder if there can be a constitutional change with enough general members.

Doesn't seem like a short term option though.

I won't slag off Tony and Rick any more if they were the ones who stood up and did the right thing.
You need to buy a debenture position and be accepted by the debenture holders.

Back