Chris Heighington to play for England

@Marshall_magic said:
He'll probably get a gig off the bench, I just can't see him cracking the starting side
8\. Graham
9\. Roby
10\. Peacock
11\. Morley
12\. Ellis
13\. Burgess

O'Loughlin will be lock if fit.

@The Eclipse said:
@Marshall_magic said:
He'll probably get a gig off the bench, I just can't see him cracking the starting side
8\. Graham
9\. Roby
10\. Peacock
11\. Morley
12\. Ellis
13\. Burgess

I knew I forgot someone. England probably trump the Aussies in the forwards, they just have an awful backline.

if tony carroll brad thorn ben teo and so on can play for qld i really dont know why if he got aussie citizenship that ellis cant play for nsw.

but yeah heigno will probably get a bench spot for englan will be hard to crack their startin back row

@crouching_tiger said:
Why didn't the current Australian coach pick him then?????

Derrrrrrrrrr Sheens!! :unamused:

I dont know why dont you ask him :unamused:

There was no way Sheens could get Heigno into the Australian team as he used up all his good will getting Farah in.

@smeghead said:
Burgess, Ellis & Heighno back row is equal to or better than what Australia will pick

yes i agree …. the poms will not struggle in the forwards thats for sure .......

the rhino deserves to play top rep footy.its just a shame our rep selectors are a BOYS club ....
they despise anyone from wests or souths and you dont have to look hard to come to that conclusion .....
i will be proud to watch the rhino in a pommy jersey if it happens .......

@The Eclipse said:
@Marshall_magic said:
8\. Graham
9\. Roby
10\. Peacock
11\. Morley
12\. Ellis
13\. Burgess

rhino would walk into morleys spot …....morleys the interchange player these days..imo

Given test football comes in a poor second or possibly even a poor third after a Grand Final and State of Origin who really cares.

Good on him, I say.

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:
I hope Heighno gets a start for GB and gets MOM against the aussies

:astonished: Heighno has come a long way….....

Yes, his form has come a very long way. I always maintained he was a good guy and great clubman, now he has the form to match

A few points that stand out to me are firstly as mentioned heighnington most likely isn't high on the pecking order for england, and possibly not even on their radar.
I doubt the english coach has even heard of heighno and until they have their discussion these could just be idle threats about turning his back on his country just to get his name in the papers.

Secondly if he's being told by the australian coach to look elsewhere then there's something wrong.
Sheens is the man that could select him to play for aus but he's the one telling him to look elsewhere, if that's not a slap in the face from your club coach then i don't know what is.

@BeeJay said:
A few points that stand out to me are firstly as mentioned heighnington most likely isn't high on the pecking order for england, and possibly not even on their radar.
I doubt the english coach has even heard of heighno and until they have their discussion these could just be idle threats about turning his back on his country just to get his name in the papers.

Secondly if he's being told by the australian coach to look elsewhere then there's something wrong.
Sheens is the man that could select him to play for aus but he's the one telling him to look elsewhere, if that's not a slap in the face from your club coach then i don't know what is.

You don't think it would look like favouritism if Sheens picked Heighington ahead of Thaiday, Myles, Gallen, Bird, Watmough, Lahrs, Lewis etc.

And secondly, I'm pretty sure one of the reasons Rhino is considering playing for England is because Steve McNamara has already made advances to him in the past enquiring his availability.

@Danos said:
@BeeJay said:

You don't think it would look like favouritism if Sheens picked Heighington ahead of Thaiday, Myles, Gallen, Bird, Watmough, Lahrs, Lewis etc.

And secondly, I'm pretty sure one of the reasons Rhino is considering playing for England is because Steve McNamara has already made advances to him in the past enquiring his availability.

Granted there are some form players infront of him, but it wouldn't be the first time that a rep coach has showed favouritism towards their club players.

I think Heighno should be loyal and stay with Australia. Just because he didn't crack origin this year does not mean he is off the radar. At the end of my career, I would much rather say I nearly cracked origin except for dodgy selections than I walked away from my home and played somewhere else just to get a gig.

Also, all the media hype and stuff is out there now about him mising origin and being able to play with England. Imagine if he came out now and said he still wats origin and he is turning his back on the poms because he still thinks he can achieve origin. At least the selectors couldn't doubt his loyalty and determination then….....

Good on him If he does play for England he deserves all the accolades he gets! GO RHINO! :sign:

Members online

Back