Chris Lawrence not reaching his potential.

hadds75

This isnt related to todays game but Chris Lawrence is wasting his potential.

Chris Lawrence is one of our most deadliest players but the fact is we dont get much out of him in attack. Does anyone remember 2006-2007 and the things he did in attack? How many line breaks has he made since where hes legitimately busted through the line? Not many.

The reason is the guy doesnt get involved. He needs to go into dummy half and first recevier and takes hit ups. The guy is probably our strongest runner. He needs to watch Tuquiri and how he goes looking for the ball. Chris stays on his wing and just waits for it. I really think this is somthing that Sheens isnt drilling into him cause i think people are forgetting hwo good Lawrence was. And while hes still good and his defence has improved out of sight, the guy is wasting away i feel.

When Lawry takes a hitup he takes more defenders with him than any of our forwards and once we go forward we are a much much better side.

I can understand what ya sayin but it doesnt help him much when Benji passes the ball 3 metres behind ya!

he is either a winger or fullback, he isnt a centre again ive been saying this for the last 2 years.

He was deadly on the wing 20 odd tries from as many games there, i really dont know why he was forced into the centres. id like to see him at fullback though IMO thats where he would be the best asset to this club

Our idiot playmakers go down the right everytime we get in the opposition 20, when we have Tuqiri and Lawrence on the other side.

Quite special that one, going down Ayshford and Fitzhenry's side when the other two are on the left.

We are retarded.

I agree Hybrid. But just in general over the last few seasons ive felt this. Still a great player, but i think we could get more from him.

if he could receive the ball a bit earlier he may be able to do something with it, the service from benji is woeful at the moment, putting too much pressure on his outside men

Lawrence touched the ball about five times today, three of them were basically hitups coming out of our own end the other he got tackled into touch on the short side (typical dumb wt play) and the other his try off the mistake. It's happening all to often, were not seeing the best of Lawrence and again i put it down to the way Marshall has been playing he's just going missing, and when he does decide to get involved he's making mistakes, he's really really bad. Ever since Gould gave him the rap on the footy show he has been pathetic.

@TIGER said:
i put it down to the way Marshall has been playing he's just going missing, and when he does decide to get involved he's making mistakes, he's really really bad. Ever since Gould gave him the rap on the footy show he has been pathetic.

Benji has lost all his good form from last year and early this year. He is consistently having shockers.

Lawrence though is in the same boat - I don't think it is Benji that is making him poor although it doesn't help.

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a disgrace. He can not bring out the best in players. He never promotes the blokes busting a gut in the lower grades so the 1st grade never has pressure on them. Players under him do not develop into better players they develop into worse players because he is a terrible coach. Robbie and Benji were better players in 2005 than what they are today.

He should have blooded our quality lower graders by now. He is leaving it too late. What type of fool goes into a game with a back on the bench against the biggest pack of forwards in Rugby league. Sheens was a fool for letting Hodgson go, then letting Gallant go. Sizzling strike power, gone.

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a fool and the sooner he leaves this club the better.

Blokes careers like Chris Lawrence go backwards with Sheens coaching. He banned benji's side step. What a fool.

He is a joke, but that joke is not funny, its sick.

Watching Lawrence get starved of the ball in the centres for most of the season, I'd be almost inclined to shift him to the wing and bring Nu Akeripa in for some added size in the centres. Lawrence at least would have a bit more room to move fielding kicks at the back and roam around the field a bit more.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Our idiot playmakers go down the right everytime we get in the opposition 20, when we have Tuqiri and Lawrence on the other side.

Quite special that one, going down Ayshford and Fitzhenry's side when the other two are on the left.

We are retarded.

I have been wonderign if Tuqiri or Lawrence ran over Benji's cat or something??

@Balmain Bug said:
Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a disgrace. He can not bring out the best in players. He never promotes the blokes busting a gut in the lower grades so the 1st grade never has pressure on them. Players under him do not develop into better players they develop into worse players because he is a terrible coach. Robbie and Benji were better players in 2005 than what they are today.

He should have blooded our quality lower graders by now. He is leaving it too late. What type of fool goes into a game with a back on the bench against the biggest pack of forwards in Rugby league. Sheens was a fool for letting Hodgson go, then letting Gallant go. Sizzling strike power, gone.

Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens is a fool and the sooner he leaves this club the better.

Blokes careers like Chris Lawrence go backwards with Sheens coaching. He banned benji's side step. What a fool.

He is a joke, but that joke is not funny, its sick.

100% correct

Lawrence touched the ball about five times today, three of them were basically hitups coming out of our own end the other he got tackled into touch on the short side (typical dumb wt play) and the other his try off the mistake. It's happening all to often, were not seeing the best of Lawrence and again i put it down to the way Marshall has been playing he's just going missing, and when he does decide to get involved he's making mistakes, he's really really bad. Ever since Gould gave him the rap on the footy show he has been pathetic.
Agreed. Pathetic

Back