Chris Lawrence

Peaches

Am I being harsh or is he not as dynamic as seasons past?

He doesn't find the try-line as often and isn't bursting either. Defence is great though. Is he carrying an injury or is just suffering from a higher expectation and not such great form? Or am I seeing things.

I dont think your seeing things i just think your being a little too unrealistic. When Chris came on the seen he made some feakish breaks but fell down in other areas. The oppositon now are very wary of his attack and u cant expect those long range tries to continue on a consistant basis. I think the work he's done on his defence and his ability to catch and pass make him the most proffesional young centre in the game. I couldnt be happier with his development.

@Allan Towle said:
Am I being harsh or is he not as dynamic as seasons past?

He doesn't find the try-line as often and isn't bursting either. Defence is great though. Is he carrying an injury or is just suffering from a higher expectation and not such great form? Or am I seeing things.

Dude he saved our "whats a names" tonight great tackling he play a great game he did what he had to do mate!!!
I think we are all very disappointed tonight everyone of Us Gutted!!
But look The tigers and parra are underdogs in this comp and one team had to lose!
Spewin it had to be us but thats how the cookie crumbles
Remember its Parra and the Tigers against the bloody rest
Manly
crydogs
dragQueens
And the dull Storm!

One of the Tigers best tonight. His flick pass to Morris was excellent and his defence was also on song. He was also given a little bit more room to move tonight. Despite this he's still not 100% fit but is battling on bravely.

Tonight was his seasons best but coming into this match, I was a little worried about his dynamic attacking best. Tuiaki has scored a few simple ones though he has had some good offloads like todays assist. Hopefully it continues.

Has turned into a Matt Cooper clone-solid defensively(which is a turnaround),but needs to be put into a gap to score.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
lawrence is starting to find form again. heck, did you watch the game? :deadhorse:

Coming into this game I was worried. Probably should have started this thread before hand.

@Allan Towle said:
Tonight was his seasons best but coming into this match, I was a little worried about his dynamic attacking best. Tuiaki has scored a few simple ones though he has had some good offloads like todays assist. Hopefully it continues.

What more do you want from him ….geez he put it on a plate for Morris as a winger for goodness sake....his break led to Ryan's first try....His defense is so good now..... no points are being leaked down His side....He takes hit ups coming out of our own end like a front rower....and charges at the line in attack

Hope it continues...pffft......The kid is only 21.....He will only get better.....Scary isn't it.....

hes my bolter for the roos …..that how much i think he has nurtured into a classy footballer ....its only a matter of time imo

@Geo. said:
@Allan Towle said:

What more do you want from him ….geez he put it on a plate for Morris as a winger for goodness sake....his break led to Ryan's first try....His defense is so good now..... no points are being leaked down His side....He takes hit ups coming out of our own end like a front rower....and charges at the line in attack

Hope it continues...pffft......The kid is only 21.....He will only get better.....Scary isn't it.....

No argument,but He needs to occasionally beat his opposite number one on one like centres are supposed to do

I don't think his form coming into this game was as good as his most recent performance was. His defence has been great but I think he has been a little quiet with ball in hand. Has worked hard on his defence but isn't as explosive when attacking.

he has been pretty quiet, especially in attack, since coming back from injury, however tonight he was solid n had a good game. everyone played well.

I must have been watching a different game!

Lawrence was terrific tonight. He has become a rock in the defensive line and his attack was sublime. It's not just about scroing tries, he was a constant headache for the eels tonight.

I'm not sure what his injury status is, but if is is being hampered by injury I can't imagine how good he would be when fit.

Lawrence would be the starting centre for any team in the comp.

I think Chris is finally getting back to something like full fitness, a lot stronger all round game tonight

Back