Chris Lawrence

system

90% of the decisions he makes as a centre in defence are wrong and cost the team yardage, line breaks or trys.

I think he needs to be moved to the wing and see if he can find a home there because he is not a centres behind anymore. Whether it be the long term effects of his injury or something else he gets stood up or rushes in Eric Grothe Jnr style and leaves his team mates posted.

If he doesn't work out on the wing it is time to move him on

As alot know I've called for Lawrence to be moved to the wing for a couple years, when he can into grade on the win he killed it it would give us added pace on the edges

Tedesco
Lawrence
Ayshford
Simona
Koribete
\
\
That's my back line, this team has trotted out the same crap for years need to change it up

He looks done to me, defence is absolutely woeful this year. Don't bother putting him on the wing as his speed is not even close to what it used to be. Short term I would be dropping him to reggies and hoping he can rediscover form. Long term if that wasn't helping I would be looking at ways to ship him off to England ASAP. injuries have destroyed him unfortuantely. Dean Collis V2

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@hybrid_tiger said:
His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.

x100
It's sad really.. He couldn't get going, runs like a three legged horse

@Pokies said:
He looks done to me, defence is absolutely woeful this year. Don't bother putting him on the wing as his speed is not even close to what it used to be. Short term I would be dropping him to reggies and hoping he can rediscover form. Long term if that wasn't helping I would be looking at ways to ship him off to England ASAP. injuries have destroyed him unfortuantely. Dean Collis V2

Im shattered but totally agree

@hybrid_tiger said:

He's finished.

Other club's drop players for non efforts like that. It's why teams like Souths look so hungry, players get dropped for failing to meet training standards, or being 5 minutes late. Our club has been run like a boys club mentality for years. Someone like Lawrence probably considers a chase like that normal, those 1% probably are never pulled up in review. Potter has a hell of a job to turn attitudes like that around, i don't envy him. Seems engrained in this squad.

I think he is fine. He runs it back hard. He also gave it his all out there and that is why he couldn't chase DCE.

I'd be happy to see him on the wing but I think all he needs is a couple of games like last week and even better halves running it at the opposition more often.

@tigerlogic said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

He's finished.

x100

Then why would you want him on a wing if he has no speed? Move him as far away from Ayshford as possible because what ever is wrong with Chris seems to be contagious.

I think he still has pace but nowhere near the power in his lateral shift (kind of essential at centre)

I think he still has pace but nowhere near the power in his lateral shift (kind of essential at centre)

He is terrible under the high ball too. With Lawrence on the left and Utai on the right, we are sitting ducks for kicking geniuses like Cronk & Reynolds.

I haven't seen any NSW Cup action this year but how is Simona going?

As already mentioned his chase on DCE was diabolical. Runs like a 80 year old.

@smeghead said:
90% of the decisions he makes as a centre in defence are wrong and cost the team yardage, line breaks or trys.

I think he needs to be moved to the wing and see if he can find a home there because he is not a centres behind anymore. Whether it be the long term effects of his injury or something else he gets stood up or rushes in Eric Grothe Jnr style and leaves his team mates posted.

If he doesn't work out on the wing it is time to move him on

totally agree with this smeg. i am no medical expert but i just dont think he will never be the same after the serious leg injury he had. its early days in the season but it is time to give chris a stint in state cup and promote nofa onto a wing spot. the tigers need speed right across the backline. this was our achilles last year and we have the young blokes available and are ready to go

@hybrid_tiger said:

He's finished.

Agree. I'd consider moving him to the wing until Koroibete returns, otherwise whack him in State Cup and promote Simona who looks pretty sharp at the moment.

@willow said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

He's finished.

Agree. I'd consider moving him to the wing until Koroibete returns, otherwise whack him in State Cup and promote Simona who looks pretty sharp at the moment.

Better still , lets offer him up for trade for a quality prop while a club might still be willing to take a chance he may still be able to find his past form and Rowdy is still worth some money

If he plays out the season in NRL he will be worth nothing to us if we were wishing to offload him

It is sad ,I would hate to have to give the bloke the news ,he seems the nicest guy and he is obviously still trying but the magic is gone

@tigerlogic said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

He's finished.

x100

After about 10 metres it looked like his hammy twanged and he just stopped and gave up

Good to see people are finally waking up to the fact that its his injury that has been responsible for his form over the last 12 months. There was so much ignorance on here last yr with people saying he was bludging when the truth all along was that he was suffering the after affects of almost being crippled the season before.

How has it taken people this long to see it?

Back