Club feedback opportunity for WTForum.com users

I've sent through my email to Brett, I will be there on the 21st at the first available time session. Can't wait to finally discuss some things with someone who will listen!

@Kul said:
Guys, I think a bit of credit needs to be given to the club for this.

For many years people here (my hand is up too) have complained that the relationship between the club and the fans has been poor, that "they don't listen to the fans" and yada, yada, yada

The fact that they've come to us here on the forum says a lot! I'm sure they could have just rung up any old person in their membership database, instead they want to talk to us forumers. Nice.

Bug, they are listening brother. :roll

Well done Wests Tigers for putting this on. Hopefully they can get a lot out of it and everyone walks away a winner :smiley:

:sign:

Full credit to you Kul for falling on your sword. :slight_smile: I'm sending an email off shortly.

@markotiger said:
I've sent through my email to Brett, I will be there on the 21st at the first available time session. Can't wait to finally discuss some things with someone who will listen!

What time options are available…..it all seems a bit vague from what Ive read so far

I cannot make the sessions but my 2 cents would be that we have atleast one sunday arvo game at campbelltown and if/when the NSW cup teams unify then they play in alternate weekly between balmain and wests strips. WT is the most popular team in NSW and any fan feedback should be heard by the club when possible.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

I received a reply from Brett, to his credit the reply was quick and there is some flexibility in the times so far.

**Update:**

Anyone who is out of Sydney but still wishing to partake in these sessions should also contact Brett.

@innsaneink said:
@markotiger said:

What time options are available…..it all seems a bit vague from what Ive read so far

I asked for the first available session which will be 4pm on the 21st of this month. So I will let you all know how it goes and what we discussed.

From what I know sessions are available from 4pm to 7pm on the days selected in the article.

I think this is a great idea and as an interstate fan, I will definately try to get some input into a session.

however i don't believe providing negative feedback is ever a good idea, unless you have a meaningful solution for the 'issue' (aka constructive feedback!).

i do wonder how many of you are planning to provide POSITIVE feedback? by the sounds of it, not many! positive feedback is just as important as constructive feedback, I'm sure the club is also interested in the areas where the fans think the club is performing well.

so please remember to not only provide constructive feedback at these sessions, but to also provide POSITIVE feedback :smiley:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Had a really good talk with Brett yesterday afternoon. Credit to the bloke for really listening to me and discussing a hell of a lot of things Wests Tigers related.

Really opened my eyes to the whole running of the organisation and I personally learnt a lot of things I previously didn't know.

From what I gathered they are really keen on getting the support of the fans and working WITH them to make the club a better place for everyone. (although its extremely difficult to please EVERYONE).

They are keen on getting an OFFICIAL hardcore fan banner/flag area sorted, although I did tell him about the Jungle but he didn't seem to know much about it. I said to him it would be a lot easier if the fans were given the correct resources to make nice big banners and flags like a big version of the official logo and things, and he said he is all for that. Which is a completely different response to what I got when I previously asked the staff there.

I asked about the time slots for games, and he told me that NINE get first choice of 2 games, which is usually Friday nights first game, then either the second Friday night game or Sundays afternoon game. Then FOX gets choice of Monday nights game, then Saturdays live 7:30 game. He explained that the tigers are second to the Broncos in TV viewers, so if the tigers are not picked up in the first 2 slots, then they most usually get Monday nights or Saturday nights, which is the reason for such a low amount of day games this year. We discussed how the TV rights were going to change soon, and he said he doesn't like the system now where they only have 5 weeks to organise games, and said he would like it if the draw for half the season was chosen at the start of the season and then after the half way mark and after State of Origin and everything, then they can organise for big games because its closer to the end of the season and more and more teams begin to pick up in momentum. I personally think it would work well, and I was impressed with the build up the Dragons game in round 22, and if a full season draw was to take place, then it would ruin it for big matches that could and would happen, the clubs, nine and fox wouldn't be able to adjust to make them big games.

I mentioned things about getting the crowd pumped up before and during games, like the build up music and things that get the crowd involved and excited about attending games so the crowd attendances go up. But the things that effect that, and stop them from doing things like that are the actual stadiums, (sound systems, electrical, facilities, room to do things, etc) also he mentioned running costs, being the fact that all NRL clubs, (except Brisbane Broncos) lose revenue each year, they don't make much profit at all, so the club and staff have a very thin line on money they can spend on things like that.

Membership packages - He stated that each year they try and put things in there that people will actually use, instead of putting the same thing each year because most people just get recurring memberships and have for example a scarf from the previous year to wear to games, so instead of putting it in 2 years in a row, they put something else in there for people to wear/use. I told him about the members bag that you could buy optional in the gold membership, which I purchased and told him it was WAY to big to take to games, and if they would possibly change it for next year, just something small to throw your water in and sling over your shoulder.

We also discussed the ORANGE in the jersey this year, he said something about matching the orange for each of the different manufacturers to use, and the lighter the shade got, the closer it was the Parramatta Eels yellow, and Gold Coasts sandy yellow. So they went with the orange they have now because it was the easiest to replicate or something. He also stated that back when the Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies joined in 2000 to create the Wests Tigers, the official orange colour was the shade they used this year.

I did mention to him that a lot of fans would be happy if they wore the heritage jerseys more often but.

He emphasized the fact that although its good to recognise the heritage of the club (Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies) but at the end of the day, they have to think about the future of the club, which is WESTS TIGERS and make there own identity for the future and for the NRL community to recognise them as the Wests Tigers.

I personally emphasised that as a new fan of the game (being NRL) and considering myself a pretty dedicated Wests Tigers supporter, That I as a fan would LOVE to see the club move forward as one of the biggest and best clubs in the Sydney area, and I would do anything in my power to help do that.

I asked him how he felt the clubs year was, from his business point of view, and he said that, the sponsors, staff and players are in a VERY good position and he is very happy how the year went.

So Ladies and Gentlemen 2012 is going to be a fantastic year, yes we are all shattered at how the 2011 season ended, he even said the players were completely broken still up to yesterday when some of them came in. he said that in the sheds after the game, you could of literally heard a pin drop. But we must think of how well the year went. All the high points of what happened with the team, going on a 9 game winning streak, defeating the defending premiers 2 times, the clubs spine finally finding great form (Benj, Farah, Moltz and occasionally Lui).

Although they have lost a few great team players the years ahead are looking to be as sweet as can be and I'm already super excited to see what's to come.

The best thing we can do as fans, is love the game, try not to create to many rumours within the community (yes we had a nice chat about how it really does effect the players on and off the field), attend matches, and always cheer on for the greatest NRL club of them all. WESTS TIGERS 4 LIFE!

That was an excellent post, markotiger. Well done.

Sounds like Brett was very responsive to your comments, which I am sure echoes those of most fans.

Go Tigers!!

Tigergran

I have a meeting with Brett Clarke tonight at 6pm. Marko covered a few of the questions I was going to ask re: Memberships and TV scheduling.

One thing I definitely want to talk about is the future direction of the club. What strategies are in place to ensure they're competitive off the field in the years to come.

Anyone not going to a meeting and have a question they'd like me to ask on their behalf?

@alex said:
Anyone not going to a meeting and have a question they'd like me to ask on their behalf?

Just one off the top of my head, I know they can't make any decisions on Lui until they know all the details, but have they got a plan for a new half back if Lui is gone? Don't even need names or anything, just have they got a back up plan ready to go?

Heh will we see more of Mitch Brown next year and not just warming the bench? :slight_smile:

@Tigerdave said:
@alex said:

Just one off the top of my head, I know they can't make any decisions on Lui until they know all the details, but have they got a plan for a new half back if Lui is gone? Don't even need names or anything, just have they got a back up plan ready to go?

Heh will we see more of Mitch Brown next year and not just warming the bench? :slight_smile:

Doubt they'd answer that

@alex said:
I have a meeting with Brett Clarke tonight at 6pm. Marko covered a few of the questions I was going to ask re: Memberships and TV scheduling.

One thing I definitely want to talk about is the future direction of the club. What strategies are in place to ensure they're competitive off the field in the years to come.

Alex, ask them regarding memberships, if they can add other benefits like a members only line at the canteen at each of the grounds. My friend who is a Panthers supporter has that benefit as part of his membership.

I think its a great idea.

It would be great if they stop sending so many letters asking to renew membership when renewal has already been taken up.

@joe's magpies said:
@alex said:

Alex, ask them regarding memberships, if they can add other benefits like a members only line at the canteen at each of the grounds. My friend who is a Panthers supporter has that benefit as part of his membership.

I think its a great idea.

Yeah good point. I spoke to the club a few years ago about their membership strategy and one of the main themes to come out of the discussion was that members want to get exclusive benefits over and above regular week-to-week ticket purchasers. At Leichhardt they have a designated member's entrance but majority of the time the lines are the same size. Food line is not a bad idea as I find the waiting time at Campbelltown and the SFS are quite bad.

One thing I'm thinking of asking is why they choose to play out of town teams at Leichhardt and Campbelltown when they usually draw lower crowds and these grounds rely heavily on ticket sales as their main revenue stream

@vegimite said:
It would be great if they stop sending so many letters asking to renew membership when renewal has already been taken up.

One of my pet hates! We have a family membership - all 4 live in the same house and we always get 4 x promotional material!

One thing I'm thinking of asking is why they choose to play out of town teams at Leichhardt and Campbelltown when they usually draw lower crowds and these grounds rely heavily on ticket sales as their main revenue stream

I think you will find the SFS/SCG trust in the contract the club has for playing there, they (SFS) get to choose the games we play so they always opt for the high drawing opponents like Saints, Parra, Dogs etc

Back