Club Statement - Tedesco and Woods

Eddie

Wests Tigers Members Statement

Wests Tigers would like to provide Members with an update on the current playing contract situation of Aaron Woods and James Tedesco.

The club met with Aaron Woods and James Tedesco's manager on Tuesday.

During this meeting Wests Tigers informed the players’ Manager that the club is imposing a deadline of Friday 21 April for a decision on whether they will accept the contract offers currently with them.

Wests Tigers have made very competitive, long-term, contract offers to both players

The club understands it is a difficult decision given their standing and familiarity with the club and understands that Woods and Tedesco must make the decision that is best for them and their families.

As soon as Woods and Tedesco make give their decision to the club we will inform the playing group and then the public. Certainty is key to moving forward and performing on the field, and we are looking forward to having that.

–-------------------------

Bye Bye Aaron and James.

Club trying to get in first.

Now I'm thinking they are both gone. It's cool. I think losing Woods is great. Tedesco is a loss but we do need to move on.

If this decision was made Tuesday why wait until now to inform us? Not looking good

I'm happy with Woods going but pray for a miracle for Teddy to stay

I'll be heart broken if he leaves :frowning:

About bloody time they had a deadline …

But basically the club knows there gone !

Deadline should of been set weeks ago but you can read this as they are gone. Disappointing for Tedesco but gotta back the club in all facets here they have bent over backwards for him. Will be interesting if the NRL question him and his manager as to why they accepted a lot less money to move to another club.

@ said:
If this decision was made Tuesday why wait until now to inform us? Not looking good

I'm happy with Woods going but pray for a miracle for Teddy to stay

I'll be heart broken if he leaves :frowning:

exactly

@ said:
Deadline should of been set weeks ago but you can read this as they are gone. Disappointing for Tedesco but gotta back the club in all facets here they have bent over backwards for him. Will be interesting if the NRL question him and his manager as to why they accepted a lot less money to move to another club.

if he is going to the roosters the NRL will do nothing. they will stamp the deal and then go to lunch with Nick.

Good decision by the club to set a deadline. Either way we can move on after tomorrow.

Edit: Kul, better break out the SSDs

Either way it goes the bus must keep moving…..exciting times ahead I believe. Hoping for a culture change at wests tigers tbh

Que sera, sera.

The sun will rise tomorrow, Wests will take the field again.

The club doesn't die with this lot leaving, although a select few seem to think so.

They will wait until the tiger's withdraw the offers than do a Moses and say they wanted to stay but the club pulled the offers ao we were forced to sign elsewhere.

I think this is a great move by the club. For too long the inmates have been running the asylum.

I would be very surprised if the other clubs are matching our offers for $$$ value. They will now be in a position to either take the money or risk that the other club known their offers have been withdrawn and potentially lower the offers. Finally a move to lessen the power of Isaac Moses

If they plan to go we can move on and be active in the market and make some offers before there nothing left. I would suspect they already talking.

Great move

@ said:
Someone hold Happy back.

No need to hold me back at all GNR's :laughing:

My posts have forced this to happen mate

The Tigers fear the Happmeister , I'm about to let Happymania run wild , brutha :wink:

Both gone by the looks of it, hope not though, Ted needs to stay.

If Woods is going, take captaincy off him this week.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back