Collis Or Ayshford

pacey

Should Sheens keep Ayshford in the centres for experience or put Collis in there

i think keep Ayshford, hes playing well, he might be there next year

& theres no point persitting with Collis leave him in Priemer League

Ayshford should stay in the centers but Collis should replace Ryan.

Ayshford should be in the centres.

Collis should have to earn his spot and shouldn't be picked if there is another option close to as good as he is.

@simonthetiger said:
Collis….....Ayshford has been solid,but Collis at this stage.

Solid? Ayshford has been brillaint. He runs a great line, he can pass and he always choses the right option. He may be 20 but he has the football brain of someone at the peak of their career.

Collis kills plays by forcing a pass, trying to beat players on the outside or slipping off soft tackles.

Like thewingfitz said, Ayshford has shown more in 8 weeks than Collis has in 3 years.

I disagree…...but it seems im in the minority.

I guess Ive seen Ayshford drop off a few easy tackles and I must admit it has worried me.

@simonthetiger said:
I disagree…...but it seems im in the minority.

I guess Ive seen Ayshford drop off a few easy tackles and I must admit it has worried me.

Fair enough, can't say I've seen that happen but so be it. What impresses me about him the most is how much intelligence he has shown. How he never forces a pass and how he makes it a priority to push himself in field if he's dangerously close to the sideline are the signs of a mature player.

I can see why Gould was distraught when he left Easts a few years back.

@Don Brodga said:
@simonthetiger said:
Collis….....Ayshford has been solid,but Collis at this stage.

Solid? Ayshford has been brillaint. He runs a great line, he can pass and he always choses the right option. He may be 20 but he has the football brain of someone at the peak of their career.

Collis kills plays by forcing a pass, trying to beat players on the outside or slipping off soft tackles.

Like thewingfitz said, Ayshford has shown more in 8 weeks than Collis has in 3 years.

I am not knocking Ayshford - I think he has been good. But how you can say "he can pass" is beyond me. The guy has hardly let the ball go from his hands since he's been in first grade. I am happy for him to stay and Collis replace Ryan.

Ayshford has a very good passing game. He still has to adjust to getting the ball so late as is our style. He is used to more time. It will come.

I have the same concerns in his defence when defending in the centres Simon but with he and Moltzen swapping positions in defence I find he is a very effective defender who makes alot of correct decisions. He does not go as sharply in field as Morris and it is to our advantage.

Until Ayshfords form warrants dropping Collis should be nowhere near the sentre jersey and I have concerns on his ability to difuse a bomb if stationed on the wing

easy one this one…Ayshford as long as he's doing the job and according to Sheens he is..Collis' future is not at the tigers.

Ayshford First, Daylight second and the right Centre that plays for the A Grade Ingleburn Bulldogs a close third.

Collis has not done anything of note since a handfull of ok games in 2006.

At the start of this year he was woefull and should have been dropped - his form slightly improved but he has had more quiet / non-existant games for the tigers than anyone I can think of.

Never takes hitups when the forwards are tired and throws more passes over the sideline than Benji.
Lost count of the amount of times he has gone for the miracle pass only to see it fly 10 meters forward and over the sideline - seriously 1 in 10 of those passes comes off for him.

Ayshford at least has a bit of aggression about him and seems enthusiastic about playing the game, running into holes - his defence seems ok, forced a knock on when the Raiders were attacking our line last week…..Collis has been on another planet for a while now - not sad at all to see him go.

If Ayshford gets injured then Akerpia should get his chance, if Sheens has really seen the light then this is the way he will go.

Collis is leaving… Ayshford has re-signed for 2 years...

The way Collis was playing we don't lose anything by playing Ayshford, but gain experience for him.

As far as Im concerned,we have to play the best side we can to win the comp this year…..we are still in it sooooo.

As for Collis,i remember him scoring a hat trick in his last game before injury,agreed he has been quiet since then mainly due to the fact that he hasnt played a minute since then.

Ayshford. He has been going well whilst Collis was struggling for the first half of the season.

Back