Common denominator

Sabre

We haven't made finals since 2011, surely we have to look at what has been the constant since that time. Brooks and Nofoaluma are the main culprits.

At what point do you move these guys on and say they don't deserve to wear the jumper.

@sabre said in [Common denominator](/post/1334032) said:
We haven't made finals since 2011, surely we have to look at what has been the constant since that time. Brooks and Nofoaluma are the main culprits.

At what point do you move these guys on and say they don't deserve to wear the jumper.

I’d say cut them now

I can understand being critical of a halfback over long term lack of success but to blame a winger is, well, clutching at straws.

The common denominator may not be what we have, it may be what we're missing - a strong forward pack, rep players, talented spine, better shapes, speed, mongrel, aggression, etc.

@voice_of_reason said in [Common denominator](/post/1334062) said:

I can understand being critical of a halfback over lack of success but to blame a winger is, well, clutching at straws.

The common denominator may not be what we have, it may be what we're missing - a strong forward pack, rep players, talented spine, better shapes, speed, mongrel, aggression, etc.

Pride in our performance, hunger, spirit, dedication, passion etc etc to the list. Time after time our club embarrasses itself in meaningful games. That's what hurts the most as a fan.

@fade-to-black said in [Common denominator](/post/1334095) said:

I can understand being critical of a halfback over lack of success but to blame a winger is, well, clutching at straws.

Pride in our performance, hunger, spirit, dedication, passion etc etc to the list. Time after time our club embarrasses itself in meaningful games. That's what hurts the most as a fan.

It’s pretty much in a weekly basis now

There are some common denominators off the field too. I'm a few weeks off joining the sack Madge chorus, but I'm seriously questioning how the club is run. Look at Nofo's extension.

Pascoe apologists need not respond, I know he doesn't head the football department. He is however that person's boss, as was the case for all the other failed football departments he has overseen. The "not his job" argument is based on the false premise that football is not our core business, and that he should be pardoned due to financial achievements. We are not a bank, nor is he CFO, COO, CMO - he oversees the whole shebang.

I'm also over having a fan and sponsor as chair. Lee is a big mouth self promoter, surely some magpies old boys should have been presented the #7, not a fan/ chair/ sponsor. Has already embarrassed himself and the brand by talking publicly on numerous issues that he should but out of.

@old_man_tiger said in [Common denominator](/post/1334105) said:
There are some common denominators off the field too. I'm a few weeks off joining the sack Madge chorus, but I'm seriously questioning how the club is run. Look at Nofo's extension.

Pascoe apologists need not respond, I know he doesn't head the football department. He is however that person's boss, as was the case for all the other failed football departments he has overseen. The "not his job" argument is based on the false premise that football is not our core business, and that he should be pardoned due to financial achievements. We are not a bank, nor is he CFO, COO, CMO - he oversees the whole shebang.

I'm also over having a fan and sponsor as chair. Lee is a big mouth self promoter, surely some magpies old boys should have been presented the #7, not a fan/ chair/ sponsor. Has already embarrassed himself and the brand by talking publicly on numerous issues that he should but out of.

Great post !

@hobbo1 said in [Common denominator](/post/1334110) said:

Great post !

That was a disgusting effort mate. Still fuming

Fantastic post. There were a few magpie legends at Lidcombe yesterday, I'm sure anyone of them would have accepted the jersey today. I was hopeful Lee would bring a lot to this club but he seems to be ego driven like Pascoe.

Lee looked like Vince Lombardi today. Shame he couldn't magically bring the same sort of success to our joint.

@fade-to-black said in [Common denominator](/post/1334122) said:
Lee looked like Vince Lombardi today. Shame he couldn't magically bring the same sort of success to our joint.

Looked more like inspector gadget ..

How long do we have to wait for Nofa to learn how to tackle then?

@old_man_tiger said in [Common denominator](/post/1334113) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Common denominator](/post/1334110) said:

Great post !

That was a disgusting effort mate. Still fuming

Of all days. All our fans stood proud.
That was totally demoralising to watch and I'm sick of the humilation.

I just think there is not enough quality players in the competition and there are a few clubs that dominate them.
Our team is made up of players who individually can slot into other teams and go ok ( Huth and Momorovski) - but unless you have got those key 4/ 5 players like South's Melbourne Penrith Roosters - who with their top squads - are clearly the best teams wouldn't matter how well you run off the field.
Any talk of expansion just seems like a money grab for players to get paid far more than they deserve with no accountability. They are like revolving doors in a system that makes it possible to wear a jersey for one club this week and then be playing for someone else the next and for many their performance on the field reflects that attitude. The disconnect between how fans attach themselves to clubs, and how players represent clubs is getting wider
When you have got a club like Brisbane with all the resources - struggling to find players in key positions to get them playing to a standard they are use to puts things in perspective.

@telltails said in [Common denominator](/post/1334367) said:
I just think there is not enough quality players in the competition and there are a few clubs that dominate them.
Our team is made up of players who individually can slot into other teams and go ok ( Huth and Momorovski) - but unless you have got those key 4/ 5 players like South's Melbourne Penrith Roosters - who with their top squads - are clearly the best teams wouldn't matter how well you run off the field.
Any talk of expansion just seems like a money grab for players to get paid far more than they deserve with no accountability. They are like revolving doors in a system that makes it possible to wear a jersey for one club this week and then be playing for someone else the next and for many their performance on the field reflects that attitude. The disconnect between how fans attach themselves to clubs, and how players represent clubs is getter wider
When you have got a club like Brisbane with all the resources - struggling to find players in key positions to get them playing to a standard they are use to puts things in perspective.

Best post for a very long time.

I dunno man , him and JTJ were beyond diabolical today . Some of the tries they allowed were ? effort stuff . He’s 28 mate.
Also brooks was one of our best yesterday so anyone blaming him for that loss is doing , what I’ve always said they were doing , just looking for someone to blame / scapegoat .

@telltails said in [Common denominator](/post/1334367) said:
**I just think there is not enough quality players in the competition and there are a few clubs that dominate them**.
**Our team is made up of players who individually can slot into other teams and go ok ( Huth and Momorovski) - but unless you have got those key 4/ 5 players like South's Melbourne Penrith Roosters - who with their top squads - are clearly the best teams wouldn't matter how well you run off the field.**
Any talk of expansion just seems like a money grab for players to get paid far more than they deserve with no accountability. They are like revolving doors in a system that makes it possible to wear a jersey for one club this week and then be playing for someone else the next and for many their performance on the field reflects that attitude. The disconnect between how fans attach themselves to clubs, and how players represent clubs is getter wider

I agree there are not enough quality players for expansion.

I completely disagree about how well you get run off the field having no bearing. This club had the world at it's feet 20 years ago. The chance to embrace a massive area of people, juniors and corporate sponsorship. It had the chance to involve some very powerful people/ companies (Meriton, Jaycar just to name 2 off the top of my head)
We used to have a lot of juniors coming through, our 20's was strong but the ball was dropped BIG TIME. This club has a stench about it for a lot of prospective players. I overheard a couple of junior rep players on Saturday talking about our junior rep players "bench pressing bins". Now do i believe this?...........of course not, but it gives you the idea of how the future generations view our club.
No.....the common denominator in this whole charade of a franchise ( a word i despise but is how it feels) has been off field management. Thats where it starts and thats where it ends.
Good news is, soon it will be on Foxtel for all to see, can't wait. Lucky they got rid of the Comedy Channel.

Latest posts

Members online

Back