Concorde Oval....

I am with others, no chance any government will throw cash at Concord, their are to many other quality stadiums within about 12km.

Also if we are to survive we have to tap into the South West of Sydney, it may take a few years, but give them quality matches and a winning exciting team and things will boom. You also have a real chance of getting government funding for a quality stadium in that region as there is nothing their now that comes close to the standard required.

Supercoach you make a very valid point regarding southwest Sydney…..

Food for thought...

@helmesy said:
**Government would never put money into Concord with Homebush just across the M4.**

Although not originally from the Wests side, I think it would be a real shame not to play games in Campbelltown.

I think the future is a 50/50 split between Campbelltown and either SFS or ANZ. I think the Macarthur people will come back to the club if we can get more competitive and consistent on the field.

Bingo!

@innsaneink said:
@helmesy said:
**Government would never put money into Concord with Homebush just across the M4.**

Although not originally from the Wests side, I think it would be a real shame not to play games in Campbelltown.

I think the future is a 50/50 split between Campbelltown and either SFS or ANZ. I think the Macarthur people will come back to the club if we can get more competitive and consistent on the field.

Bingo!

Yep, it's the smart move taking all loyalties out of the equation.

I love leichardt, and would love to see a game of 2 a year there. Maybe heritage round? Etc.

But to not utilize Campbelltown as a growing hub of sydney doesn't make sense.

_Posted using RoarFEED_

I went to the Simon Dwyer tribute match against the Storm this year, was really disappointed with the crowd.
People say the are footy mad in South West Sydney then why not turn up to a game where all money raised went to Simon, if I can travel 3 hours each way you would think that the locals can get to the game!!!!!!!!!!

@bathursttiger said:
I went to the Simon Dwyer tribute match against the Storm this year, was really disappointed with the crowd.
People say the are footy mad in South West Sydney then why not turn up to a game where all money raised went to Simon, if I can travel 3 hours each way you would think that the locals can get to the game!!!!!!!!!!

Onya… I'm sure they have their reasons for not turning up... City folk are a fickle mob.. Team wins they turn up; team losses they hibernate

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

Well we haven't had too much luck weatherwise with games at Campbelltown or Leichhardt over the last two seasons

Its either pouring rain or blowing strong enough to take a dog off its leash

@bathursttiger said:

Whether they're indifferent, lazy, or otherwise occupied is immaterial. The State Gov't have planned for additional 150,000 homes in the south west corridor over the next 15-18 years. Continuing and improved engagement of people in the MacArthur area is a #1 priority

Whatever/wherever, I just want one home ground. A place where teams hate to travel and their supporters don't feel welcome.
It's worth a try per game and maybe a win or two per year.

I hate this three home ground rubbish.

I would rather our matches continue to be played at Leichhardt rather than a move to Concord. If Leichhardt becomes unviable then we should play more games at Homebush and Campbelltown.

I'd rather one home ground for the sake of consistency, but Leichhardt is going to get to a point where it will no longer be good enough to host NRL games. In the short term I'd say half at Campbelltown and half at ANZ.

If we start regularly selling out CSS and people are missing out, that presents an opportunity to host all games at ANZ. Really we're a team that covers two corners of Sydney and have a lot of supporters everywhere in between, ANZ is close to the geographical heart of Sydney and has great access via road and train.

If CSS gets an upgrade, we could move all games to CSS and play one or two rivalry games (Easts and Souths,) at LO for the sake of parochialism.

Play them all at one ground (CSS/ANZ/Other). Then have a 'Heritage Day' or whatever you want to call it at Leichhardt. Massive gate, huge coverage in the papers, everyone asking "Why don't we play here all the time?" 20 minutes later as they are trying to get home and find thmselves pi%%ing on a letterbox they have their answer.

Back