Confirmed Positional Changes For Friday

system

LAWRENCE TO MOVE TO FIVE-EIGHTH FOR BRONCOS GAME
1/07/2010 11:27:34 AM
Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence will move to five-eighth for tomorrow night's blockbuster match against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.
>
It will be Lawrence's first NRL game as a starting five-eighth. Benji Marshall will move from five-eighth to half-back.
>
Geoff Daniela will move from wing to centre with Daniel Fitzhenry, originally named at half-back, moving to the wing to replace Daniela.
>
You will soon hear more about the positional changes on WTV after captain Robbie Farah, winger Lote Tuqiri and Assistant Coach Peter Gentle spoke to the media this morning.
>
WTV is just another reason why this official club website remains the most trusted and popular website for all Wests Tigers news. Nothing but true facts, not rumours.

Daniella v Gillette in defence. A real chance to prove himself. In attack his pace should help

I dont agree with those changes, and once again team selection leaves us scratching our heads. Hopefully we can still grab a win

Scartching my head as well. Benji needs the extra space at 5/8 to be effective, not a half back.

@king sirro said:
I dont agree with those changes, and once again team selection leaves us scratching our heads. Hopefully we can still grab a win

Agree with you there sirro , i scratch so much people think i have lice.

It depends how it turns out on game day.

I still think we will see a fair bit of Farah at half once Fulton is on the field and Lawrence will play in the halfback role as well.

If Lui were a longer term injury it is possible we would see something else but with only one week left until he returns we see a bit of shuffling instead.

The defensive structure is a concern though against a side running two back rowers at centre. Lawrence and Ayshford together should shut Teo down though

Masrhall is not a god dam halfback!!!!!!! when will Sheens learn this

Well the Broncos have lost Lagu Setu and Ben Teo has now moved back into the forwards.

Love the last sentence…

Chris Lawrence probably played his best game last week, and now we choose to move him???

If Benji is any chance at 7, we MUST have 4 Forwards on the Bench, including 2 Frontrowers!!!

Anyone ever notice how Marshall's form fluctuates depending on our halfback? People keep saying he lit up the comp. late last season and at the start of 2010….and that coincides with Timmy Moltzen doing a great job in the 7.

Sheens gives me the impression he is quite unsure on Lui, given we went after Finch and how he never wants to rush him back. Now we are shuffling positions again and arguable wasting Marshall and Lawrences natural games. Just get a real 7 Tim and stop dicking around.

**"WTV is just another reason why this official club website remains the most trusted and popular website for all Wests Tigers news. Nothing but true facts, not rumours."**

Nice little shot from Cuzzo once again.

@willow said:
**"WTV is just another reason why this official club website remains the most trusted and popular website for all Wests Tigers news. Nothing but true facts, not rumours."**
Nice little shot from Cuzzo once again.

Sounding a bit like the North Korean Information minister there… He obviously reads this forum though!!

Thats a good point Watto, why move Lawrence from the centres when he just had his best game there

I think that Lawrence could be just as effective running those lines one further in remembering of course that Daniella is no slouch in the speed department.

I am not ecstatic about the changes but, like the original team, I can see the logic behind the decision.

The most important thing is our forwards holding their own and making good metres combined with a good completion rate. We got half that right against the Dragons but our errors with the ball in hand were costly

Another thing that baffles me is Sheens' uncertainty. We played Friday night, and 4 days later he names Fitzhenry at 7, then 2 days later changes it. Wernt those first 4 days long enough to decide whats best for the team? And its not like he was putting up a smokescreen because he's announced the changes well before the game. Thats what really worries me, its like he has no idea what he should do regarding team selection.

Well it's a better structure than what was named. I don't really like Lawrence at 5/8 but we'll see how he goes, his passing game is much better than it was when he was looked at as 5/8 previously so who knows.

Benji has been playing halfback for the last few years, it's just when Lui or Moltzen are there Benji doesn't have to do everything, which is my concern again this week.

@king sirro said:
Another thing that baffles me is Sheens' uncertainty. We played Friday night, and 4 days later he names Fitzhenry at 7, then 2 days later changes it. Wernt those first 4 days long enough to decide whats best for the team? And its not like he was putting up a smokescreen because he's announced the changes well before the game. Thats what really worries me, its like he has no idea what he should do regarding team selection.

My take on that Sirro is that the days until yesterday were primarily based in recovery and when they had a run he wasn't getting what he wanted out of the side and rearranged things to where they worked better.

I am not there so cannot makes these claims with any conviction but it seems most likely

Back