Congrats Brooks

What I will say for Brooks is he still needs better options in the backrow and centres. Almost nobody runs a line for him, runs to a decent hole, which is exactly the foundation of Souths' current success (via Cody Walker) and Tigers' previous success under Benji. Brooks probably will never have that soft passing game, but since Chris Lawrence left, the quality of our attacking options out wide has disappeared.

Papalii and To’a are quality. Are you suggesting that Brooks needs another better centre and backrower to finally be at an acceptable level?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but how is your argument different to that of the MO of all Brooks apologists, which is basically blaming every tool in the shed for him being a poor craftsman.

Lol this topic continues to amuse with Earl trying to convince everyone he is a Brooks fan, even though he was very quick to jump on the hate bandwagon earlier this year.
A fundamental lack of understanding coupled with a try hard sense of big noting = piss poor trolling attempts. Carry on Earl, your ‘opinions’ provide reasonable entertainment.

Lol this topic continues to amuse with Earl trying to convince everyone he is a Brooks fan, even though he was very quick to jump on the hate bandwagon earlier this year.
A fundamental lack of understanding coupled with a try hard sense of big noting = piss poor trolling attempts. Carry on Earl, your ‘opinions’ provide reasonable entertainment.
How to show you are triggered without showing you are triggered

Papalii and To’a are quality. Are you suggesting that Brooks needs another better centre and backrower to finally be at an acceptable level?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but how is your argument different to that of the MO of all Brooks apologists, which is basically blaming every tool in the shed for him being a poor craftsman.
Why are you still complaining? He’s been fine the last month.

Yeh he's been good. That doesn't account for 3 years of average though.

He needs to learn soft hands with his back row and centre. Always one sped with Brooks. Hopefully Benji has been talking to him.

A post where you are not whining. Who would have thought it possible

Have you even read my posts?

We are all fans of the same team and most of us are here to discuss, argue, celebrate or lament together in a respectful, inoffensive way.
I really don’t know why you joined this forum last Monday if you came here just to put down, agitate and provoke.
Anyway, horses for courses.
Thankfully there’s an easy fix.
Ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
💯 correct @hammertime.
There's definitely a place for criticism when necessary, as long as it's as @bigsiro said respectful and inoffensive ie dont tell someone they need psychiatric help [as one of our ex-forum leaders told me] when you disagree with someone else's opinion.

I am saying both that Brooks isn't really up to the task, but also the support he is given is not at an acceptable level.

Papali'i and To'a are not quality hole runners, not at all. IP is nowhere near the output he was generating for Parramatta, and even when he's playing well, he's an early-ball type guy. So is To'a, who has only just barely started to produce quality output. And I'm actually a very big fan of Starford, but let's not pretend he's gone anywhere near cementing a full-time centre or wing spot even after ~30 matches for the Tigers and ~50 in his career.

There are average halfbacks that can still be part of a good attacking structure, where they don't have to generate all the opportunities by themselves. Lachlan Ilias is a fairly average ball player or kicker, but he can still find a pass and he is helped because Cody Walker is so good, and because the opposition is always worried about Murray and Latrell.

That used to be the old Tedesco problem at Tigers. Everyone knew Tedesco was as good as any fullback in the game, and Tigers relied on him so heavily, that defences just swarmed Tedesco. You need multiple threats to unravel a good defensive structure. You add Tedesco to a quality Roosters team and he becomes the best player on the planet.

So my argument is that Brooks is not at a good level, but it is / has been made worse because the lack of hole runners and lack of threat at fullback. I personally think Brooks can be a middle-of-road halfback with better players around him, no worse than a Chad Townsend who is both a premiership winner and who has played in 7 separate finals series.

There is little surprise at all that since Bateman has gotten fit and Jahream Bula has burst onto the scene, with some stability in his 5/8th partner, that Luke Brooks is a much better prospect the past month and his output is many times better than the early rounds.

Thanks @jirskyr, I don’t share your opinion with a lot of that but I’m happy agreeing to disagree with you. Let’s just say I agree with the sentiment. 😊

Back