Contracted Players List...Unofficial

@willow said:
@Staks said:
Sheens practically told us another two in Justin Schirnack & Simon Dwyer in the team selection video.

He was inferring to players currently outside the club Staks. I reckon one will be Arana Taumata, the other I don't know, a decent front rower would be nice though.

Yeh I'm referring to players signed up for next season who will be part of the squad.

@Iron Tiger said:
@Allan Towle said:
I think we need to keep Trimarchi. He is a base salary player who can play in the back-row and never let anyone down when called upon. These type of players are good to have in your squad to cover injury and don't affect your salary cap too much.

I think so to. Very underrated player.

Not in my eyes! He is a little small for the current way the game is played and does not have the power game needed.

@MightyMaggy said:
@Iron Tiger said:
@Allan Towle said:
I think we need to keep Trimarchi. He is a base salary player who can play in the back-row and never let anyone down when called upon. These type of players are good to have in your squad to cover injury and don't affect your salary cap too much.

I think so to. Very underrated player.

Not in my eyes! He is a little small for the current way the game is played and does not have the power game needed.

Being small means nothing.

I can say Nu Akerpira has signed for the Wests Tigers NRL contract for 2 seasons as of next year. Just somthing i know.

@hadds75 said:
I can say Nu Akerpira has signed for the Wests Tigers NRL contract for 2 seasons as of next year. Just somthing i know.

Care to share how you know? I'm certainly not complaining if it's true though. He's big, strong, decent speed, young and has some talent to work with.

This club is making some naive signings in my belief if the news on Akeipra is true. They are signing many young players to the club without even testing them in FG. The likes of Dunley, Lazarus, Moltzen, Trimarchi and Ayshford in past seasons while reports of Akeipra, Pritchard, Lui, Dwyer, Mataka an the Schirnack boys have also had them signing with the club. I would be giving them a taste of FG before signing them to multi-year deals especially. Some players just don't make it for some reason and I think we have to be a little more smarter in this area. I'm all for supporting the young locals but I would like to see some FG before this.

@Allan Towle said:
This club is making some naive signings in my belief if the news on Akeipra is true. They are signing many young players to the club without even testing them in FG. The likes of Dunley, Lazarus, Moltzen, Trimarchi and Ayshford in past seasons while reports of Akeipra, Pritchard, Lui, Dwyer, Mataka an the Schirnack boys have also had them signing with the club. I would be giving them a taste of FG before signing them to multi-year deals especially. Some players just don't make it for some reason and I think we have to be a little more smarter in this area. I'm all for supporting the young locals but I would like to see some FG before this.

Let me put u at ease, Akeripa is well worth an NRL contract, he just needs a chance. He's a dynamic backrower who has the speed of a winger, can play centre and is big enough for the front row.

@Allan Towle said:

The club is not cashed up though, our money is limited with who we can chase and the fact is, the Tigers do have some good juniors coming through and we need to have a top 30 for next season, so promoting the best of who we have is the way the Tigers have to go for next season.

I have no problem with promoting within. I'm just saying they should probably have some FG experience before signing to multi-year deals. Some players just don't make it for some reason.

@tiger05 said:
@Captain Awesome said:
I hate seeing how long Gibbs and Payten are contracted; and probably for good money too.

Yep - I think Gibbs may come good but Payten has gone backwards. Another 2 -3 years of props that don't go forward eating up the cap.

Gibbs was better 3 years ago… No starch in attack... None.... 0... Blot.

I wonder how many people actually realise Gibbs is averaging more metres per game than Galloway this year. Yes, Galloway's stats are a little short changed because of the lack of minutes he played last week, but it does show Gibbs is doing quite well.

There's also the myth that he gives away the most penalties. Payten, Morris, Halatau, and Heighington have all conceded more penalties.

I still think we need another good front rower or 2, but not at the expense of Gibbs IMO. Someone like Ben Ross, John Kite, Garret Crossman could do the job. I'm not expecting us to be signing an Asotasi or a Price.

8\. Gibbs/Ross
10\. Galloway

16\. Laurie
17\. Kite/Gibbs/Crossman

This would be fine with me.

What are Gibb's average metres per run as opposed to any other forward at the club?

Whan was the last time he bent the line enough to start a roll on with a speedy and efffective PTB?

@smeghead said:
Whan was the last time he bent the line enough to start a roll on with a speedy and efffective PTB?

Never, he's crap.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll snap up as many off contract, mediocre, reserve grade outside backs as possible, that seems to be the plan.

gibbs made a big break against souths and they have players like asotasi falogo crocker luke who have played for australia and nz he is good and remember he scored a try in a grand final something not many do. he is a wests tigers junior and we shouldnt let go cause you need them to play

@smeghead said:
What are Gibb's average metres per run as opposed to any other forward at the club?

I know he is averaging 98 metres per game which is actually higher than Galloway who is averaging 95 metres. The only Tigers forward who is averaging over 100 metres is Heighington, and I think Ellis might be, but just. But we all know Heighnos workrate in attack is high.

@fergiefurr said:
gibbs made a big break against souths and they have players like asotasi falogo crocker luke who have played for australia and nz he is good and remember he scored a try in a grand final something not many do. he is a wests tigers junior and we shouldnt let go cause you need them to play

He made a break through Chris Sandows attempted shoulder charge from the kick off.

He scored from a mistake in the Grand Final.

He has done sweet fa in first grade but is signed to us until 2012.

I couldn't give a rats arse who he played junior football for.

I cannot think of any other club he would be starting in the front row for. They all seem to have a shred of common sense

@smeghead said:

7.83 metres, which is better than every forward bar Galloway. (ie. better than Ellis/Heighington/Payten etc.)

@smeghead said:

Last game.

@weststigerman said:
@smeghead said:

7.83 metres, which is better than every forward bar Galloway. (ie. better than Ellis/Heighington/Payten etc.)

Whats his average metres per run not including kick returns, ie. easy metres.

@Danos said:
@weststigerman said:
@smeghead said:

Whats his average metres per run not including kick returns, ie. easy metres.

I don't think those stats are available Danos

Back