Contracted Players List...Unofficial

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
![](http://i27.tinypic.com/2nh00no.jpg)

Thought we would start with a new contract list….As I understand it Wests Tigers for 2010 have 16 contracted players...7 players coming off contract...

I have not included Gallant or Skandalis as I believe they are on Match payments with Wests Tigers and contracted to Wests....

I have omitted Morris, Tagive and have not included Fulton until I receivce something that resembles Official from the Club.....

Please feel free to update or make corrections if I have made a mistake our omitted/included anyone in our top 25...

Who knows maybe we can keep better account than current Wests Tigers Management...

When did Mataka and Tupou sign for the Wests Tigers?

Lazarus isn't on a top 25 contract either.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy that Payne was only bought for 2 years!

So happy!

Payten needs to start performing. He is a worry for me. Gibbs had a great run over 8 or so games which is more than what Payten has done this year. As a senior player I have expected something from him week out and I don't think he has delivered.

From the list above it looks like we have limited room to move in the market

Personally I would sign to WT contracts Galea and Mataka.

I would be happy to keep/not concerned if we lost (half way bets): Payne, Rocky and Topou (Give him this year in Premier league and attitude wise and see what happens)

Let go: Handbury (Can't cement a position and is not a utility): Collis (Sadly I feel we will have better options, hope he does well as I have been a supporter of the kid but injuries have bitten him); Halatau ( The Hammer, Great player on his day, His first in the 2005 semi will always be my favourite Tigers Try but the time has come, this is a hard one for me but I hope he moves on)

@Staks said:

Tame Tupou…...........http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12

Blake Lazarus, Willie Mataka....THREAD TITLE.....Unofficial...I wouldn't dare to confirm a player until I heard from you Staks... :stuck_out_tongue:

Moltzen and ayshford need to be offered extensions beyond 2010 quickley. Wouldn't want to lose either of them.

Out of the players off contract the players that would be worth re-signing
is Dunley and Galea and there just maybes…
and an even bigger maybe is collis
Expect for dunley as i havent seen that much of him, all the other players can easily be replaced for less money.
But i like Galea he always trys hard!

@Geo. said:
@Staks said:

Tame Tupou…...........http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12

Blake Lazarus, Willie Mataka....THREAD TITLE.....Unofficial...I wouldn't dare to confirm a player until I heard from you Staks... :stuck_out_tongue:

Tupou is signed to a 2009 2nd tier contract only at this stage. Laz is signed to a top 30 contact and aligned to Balmain.

When did Mataka re-sign ?

I think we need to keep Trimarchi. He is a base salary player who can play in the back-row and never let anyone down when called upon. These type of players are good to have in your squad to cover injury and don't affect your salary cap too much.

Trimarchi has grown on me this season, however what I've seen of Mataka in his 3 or 4 games has also been impressive. If I had to choose between the two I'd say Mataka. It's taken Trimarchi a while to get where he is whereas Mataka has been impressive from the get-go.

Plus we've got a lot of good young back rowers already who are poised to get a top 25 contract next year or if not, be called upon at some time.

@Staks said:
Tupou is signed to a 2009 2nd tier contract only at this stage. Laz is signed to a top 30 contact and aligned to Balmain.

When did Mataka re-sign ?

Tame Tupou…Is McDonnell lying or inept....“Whilst Tame was in England, we registered an NRL contract to the value of $500 plus match payments before the 30 June deadline,’’ McDonnell said.

Blake Lazarus..."Wests Tigers is pleased to announce the re-signing of talented young back Blake Lazarus. Lazarus has agreed to a new one-year deal for the 2010 season. He was off contract at the end of this season. He worked extremely hard on his rehabilitation with Wests Tigers rewarding the skillful ball-player with a full-time NRL contract for 2010." McDonnell again.

How do you know they are on second tier contracts?

Willie Mataka...I can not find anything official about but remember a thread on him around the time of Fulton's departure to the UK...saying he was signed up for 2010 to the Wests Tigers...not 100% sure...if he is not I am sure he is in Sheens plans for next Year...Happy to take him off the list for now

Hey Wests Tigers arn't going to bad considering we only have 23 players in our Top 25 for 2009....should be saving $$$$$$$$ for the future....

@Captain Awesome said:
I hate seeing how long Gibbs and Payten are contracted; and probably for good money too.

Yep - I think Gibbs may come good but Payten has gone backwards. Another 2 -3 years of props that don't go forward eating up the cap.

@Allan Towle said:
I think we need to keep Trimarchi. He is a base salary player who can play in the back-row and never let anyone down when called upon. These type of players are good to have in your squad to cover injury and don't affect your salary cap too much.

I think so to. Very underrated player.

@Iron Tiger said:
@Allan Towle said:

I think so to. Very underrated player.

To be honest I would rather Mataka.

Back