Corona impact on NRL...?

@happy_tiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128463) said:
I think what we all need to understand is that every state is in a different stage in regards to the corona virus

For example I know that Gladstone Regional Council believes that Sydney is probably about 2- 3 weeks ahead of Qld in regards to progress of CV

So 2-3 weeks behind on covid-19 and a century behind in everything else.Seems about right

@jadtiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128478) said:
I think what we all need to understand is that every state is in a different stage in regards to the corona virus

For example I know that Gladstone Regional Council believes that Sydney is probably about 2- 3 weeks ahead of Qld in regards to progress of CV

So 2-3 weeks behind on covid-19 and a century behind in everything else.Seems about right

Not my fault you guys and gals don't know how to wash your hands yet ....Leichhardt Oval is living proof

@happy_tiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128479) said:

Not my fault you guys and gals don't know how to wash your hands yet ....Leichhardt Oval is living proof

Queenslanders keep on coming down and stealing all the toilet paper out of the Morrison toilet block its not our fault

@jadtiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128481) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128479) said:

Queenslanders keep on coming down and stealing all the toilet paper out of the Morrison toilet block its not our fault

Qlders wouldn't use the Glen Morrison Memorial Toilet Block ...some of us wish Hopoate had tried to tickle Glen's tonsils

We understand basic hygiene standards ...unlike yourselves ...ya filthy animals

@WT2K said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128477) said:
https://twitter.com/ChrisGarry7/status/1238249203501072394?s=19
NRL this morning informed stadiums that games are still to be played this round. That could change quickly. NRL have scheduled major meeting for Monday to discuss shutdown. Appears inevitable season will be postponed. Players have made it clear they won’t play in empty venues.

Players won't play in empty stadiums? And what is their reasoning for that? It'll hurt their feelings? They'll feel sad? I'm trying hard to not just outright say I find that soft, entitled, pretentious, arrogant... What reason do they have to say that, that I don't see?

Let's hope this fan lockout happens. It'll be a huge advantage to a nomadic team that doesn't have a home ground advantage like the Tigers.

@JD-Tiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128484) said:
@WT2K said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128477) said:
https://twitter.com/ChrisGarry7/status/1238249203501072394?s=19
NRL this morning informed stadiums that games are still to be played this round. That could change quickly. NRL have scheduled major meeting for Monday to discuss shutdown. Appears inevitable season will be postponed. Players have made it clear they won’t play in empty venues.

Players won't play in empty stadiums? And what is their reasoning for that? It'll hurt their feelings? They'll feel sad? I'm trying hard to not just outright say I find that soft, entitled, pretentious, arrogant... What reason do they have to say that, that I don't see?

Rorters have been doing it for years

@Geo said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128487) said:
Not buying it...they'll play with no crowds..

Your just worried its mean you lose in the last man standing .....and I win (along with 40 others )

Still just don't get it .....almost every other sport is standing down ....yet we have ODI's ....NBL ......NRL .......AFLW

And yet as Australians we look down at many other countries .....our leaders are greedy ......we are greedy

Has anyone seen anything of what happens if you do contract CV I know that if your frail ,elderly or in poor health it can be fatal but so can most illnesses at the stage in life.

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1238267340808060928?s=19
Peter V'landys says ARL Commission is on standby to address the coronavirus. Says they will do everything in their power to avoid cancelling of games, even if it means playing in empty stadiums. Admits financial damage could be measure in tens of millions. Story on @aus_sport

Give them enough money and they'll play in empty stadiums. The Roosters are able to sign players :)

@WT2K said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128497) said:
https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1238267340808060928?s=19
Peter V'landys says ARL Commission is on standby to address the coronavirus. Says they will do everything in their power to avoid cancelling of games, even if it means playing in empty stadiums. Admits financial damage could be measure in tens of millions. Story on @aus_sport

What a pity the NRL has wasted so much money over the years. Some of that would probably be about to come in real handy.

The players last night should have been slapped in the face for high fiving members as they were walking out. With a glove of course. Dumb as considering the NRL’s guidelines.

It would be unfortunate if it gets to the stage it is played in empty stadiums but full stadiums dont help the NRLs bottom line TV rights do.
If it gets that bad i have no doubts the NRL will play in empty stadiums and the players will have no choice but to accept it

@jadtiger said in [Corona impact on NRL\.\.\.?](/post/1128505) said:
It would be unfortunate if it gets to the stage it is played in empty stadiums but full stadiums dont help the NRLs bottom line TV rights do.
If it gets that bad i have no doubts the NRL will play in empty stadiums and the players will have no choice but to accept it

Empty stadiums are better than nothing. Payers should be wrapped in cotton wool. No supporters, no media.

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1238284516138999808?s=19
North Queensland about to confirm that game will go ahead with gates open. Have consulted Queensland government and believe nothing to stop them opening ground to spectators.

I really dont know much about all this but the way all other sports / events are getting cancelled I would not be surprised if we don't get a game this week. Doesn't look good and all it needs is one of the players to get it and its SHUT down time.

NRL without audience cheering is boring so I hope they would add in artificial cheering sound effects to TV if so lol. Seriously it's not as exciting. If they do cancel NRL for one week, they might as well cancel the season. Because it's not going away in one week or one month. Maybe 6 months one year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back