Countdown - 2023

Not if they’ve put in a couple of really good trials, just gets the anticipation and adrenalin going for round 1.
What's you opinion of only having just 2 trials.
I'd have 4.
You have development players, train and trial players, fringe dwellers and top 17 combos to work on. I know what your going to say......injuries.
Well imo a lot of injuries occur when you're not contact or game fit, or when you go into a tackle half heartedly.
We used to play full contact on the beach for weeks before the season started to get the body prepared.
You go into round one underdone you are just as likely to get injuries.

What's you opinion of only having just 2 trials.
I'd have 4.
You have development players, train and trial players, fringe dwellers and top 17 combos to work on. I know what your going to say......injuries.
Well imo a lot of injuries occur when you're not contact or game fit, or when you go into a tackle half heartedly.
We used to play full contact on the beach for weeks before the season started to get the body prepared.
You go into round one underdone you are just as likely to get injuries.
They do full contact at training. It’s match fitness that they’re short on at the beginning of the season.
Trials have their place but I’d hate to see 4 of them.

They do full contact at training. It’s match fitness that they’re short on at the beginning of the season.
Trials have their place but I’d hate to see 4 of them.
There's a difference between full contact at training and game contact tuck. I woukd like more trials so everyone have a chance to show the wares rather 5min here and 5 mins there.
They used to years ago but I'm way past the modern day preparation, so I'll just buy the beers and stand on the hill, stuff my face whilst yelling at the ref and choking on a hot dog.

There's a difference between full contact at training and game contact tuck. I woukd like more trials so everyone have a chance to show the wares rather 5min here and 5 mins there.
They used to years ago but I'm way past the modern day preparation, so I'll just buy the beers and stand on the hill, stuff my face whilst yelling at the ref and choking on a hot dog.
Yes there is a difference, and trials don’t help it much as the opposition are always chopping and changing as well.
Round 1 is where all teams go full bore and that’s where it starts.

Yes there is a difference, and trials don’t help it much as the opposition are always chopping and changing as well.
Round 1 is where all teams go full bore and that’s where it starts.
Gottcha. I've seen both side of the debate mate, I believe both our points have merit but as I said ', I'll too far removed so I can't really give an expert opinion.... Talk about "experts" Have you heard that ex is an unknown camodity and spurt is a drip under pressure, so don't call ourselves exspurts.

Staff online

Back