Cowboys and Broncos

Taumalolo was a beast as was Thaiday.
JT's battery never expires. He must cover an extraordinary amount of kilometers per game.
Feel a bit for Cozza but he'll be right as he has had a career most others would kill for.

After that effort the Cowboys now have Sharks and probably the Storm in their path…daunting task after that energy sapping game.

@king sirro said:
Great to see Corey Parker's last ever touch of the ball in rugby league was a mistake that ultimately ended his career with Thurston setting up the match winner off the back of Parkers error.

He was on his haunches half the game. I thought he might have retired a year too early, but I think he's pretty happy with the decision right now.

IMHO, Tamou made little impression last night, whereas Hess & Ponga looked great. Different positions I know, but looking good for next year.

I used to think Taumololo might be come another Haumono; talented by shy of hard work. Boy was I wrong.

Epic semi final and a terrific game considering the conditions… Very hot up there

We are miles from this.. But even these two teams don't perform like this every week... This was one outta the box

@stryker said:
The refs were great as well. No stuff ups meant the players decided the winner.

Yes they were and I really hope archer was watching as to who should get the gf….but me thinks Gerard has something on the referees boss.

Checchin failed to award the Broncos a penalty for offside at the 80th minute, denying them a chance to win.
Granted it was on halfway and near touch it would've been a tough kick…. It's still a major blue

@PYMBLEPETE said:
Great game
Great refereeing (for a change) - always liked chicken legs!
And a great result. Broncos and in particular our old mate can wallow in defeat again.
And on the commentary side of things, Moses was very impressive on debut.

Terrific they are giving him recognition because he does put his body on the line and tries to stand up to them.

I don't think we (Tigers) are that far off the Broncos.

Might sound silly but with their hugely experienced coach, home-town advantage, huge stadium, money and facilities, I expect them to consistently run out better sides than us.

But last night, apart from some Boyd quality, I think their halves struggled to imprint themselves on the game and came up missing in the big moments. They scored off a burrow-over, a glaring Coote error and a run-away winger's try against some lazy/tired fringe defence.

If Tigers were as efficient defensively as Broncos are, I think we'd beat them more often. They looked tired and in disarray all night. It's the tenacity of their defence that is keeping them in these games against quality opposition.

I don't think we are far off being a really good team and that is after watching a great team in the Cowboys.

@jirskyr said:
I don't think we (Tigers) are that far off the Broncos.

Might sound silly but with their hugely experienced coach, home-town advantage, huge stadium, money and facilities, I expect them to consistently run out better sides than us.

But last night, apart from some Boyd quality, I think their halves struggled to imprint themselves on the game and came up missing in the big moments. They scored off a burrow-over, a glaring Coote error and a run-away winger's try against some lazy/tired fringe defence.

**If Tigers were as efficient defensively as Broncos are, I think we'd beat them more often. They looked tired and in disarray all night. It's the tenacity of their defence that is keeping them in these games against quality opposition.**

\
\
Here in lies the problem - we are not and probably never will be. We have only ever been what i would call a decent defensive unit for 2 seasons in our entire 17 year existence! That's the difference between teams that consistently make the finals and the also rans like us - and unfortunately it is a huge difference. We ain't even close at present.

@Masterton said:
@king sirro said:
Great to see Corey Parker's last ever touch of the ball in rugby league was a mistake that ultimately ended his career with Thurston setting up the match winner off the back of Parkers error.

He was on his haunches half the game. I thought he might have retired a year too early, but I think he's pretty happy with the decision right now.

IMHO, Tamou made little impression last night, whereas Hess & Ponga looked great. Different positions I know, but looking good for next year.

I used to think Taumololo might be come another Haumono; talented by shy of hard work. Boy was I wrong.

How good does Ponga move? Unbelievable.

I though that Coen Hess was great last night, would look good in a Tigers jumper.

@stryker said:
JT's battery never expires. He must cover an extraordinary amount of kilometers per game.
Feel a bit for Cozza but he'll be right as he has had a career most others would kill for.

After that effort the Cowboys now have Sharks and probably the Storm in their path…daunting task after that energy sapping game.

He's just got a bit precious , and dirtier in his last few seasons,

@goldcoast tiger said:
@stryker said:

He's just got a bit precious , and dirtier in his last few seasons,

He has become very precious hasnt he? Its odd. I really liked the guy for a Qlder but cant cop him now.

A few players who were cleanskins have turned dirty in their last year, Kurt Gidley had a grubby last season after a choir boy career.

How did he become precious?
Because he confronted a grub who split his face open by kicking it studs first?

@stryker said:

Refusing to accommodate Klemmers very honourable approach after his last origin.

By crying over people complaining about his headbutt.

His team mates not keen on him cos he loves himself.

Should i go on?

@king sirro said:
@stryker said:

Refusing to accommodate Klemmers very honourable approach after his last origin.

By crying over people complaining about his headbutt.

His team mates not keen on him cos he loves himself.

Should i go on?

:roll Yeah those will probably cover it!
Don't forget when he referred to himself as "getting better with age like a fine wine", he definitely has a lot of flog-like tendencies.
Just a pity we won't be seeing the back of the goose, he's a gibberer on Sterlo On The Couch from next year unfortunately. Him and Bwaith and devon-head Hooper what a combination.

Back