Cowboys Team V Wests Tigers

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33841
The Cowboys have announced their squads for this Sundays game against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

Rd 19 Telstra Premiership 2009 Leichhardt Oval 19-7-09 3pm
TEAM LIST
1 Matthew Bowen
2 Michael Bani
3 Ty Williams
4 Willie Tonga
5 John Williams
6 Grant Rovelli
7 Johnathan Thurston ©
8 Shane Tronc
9 Anthony Watts
10 Matthew Scott
11 Carl Webb
12 Scott Bolton
13 Steve Southern

INTERCHANGE
14 Travis Burns
15 Steve Rapira
16 Antonio Kaufusi
17 James Tamou
18 Manase Manuokafoa

Coach: Neil Henry

Pretty good side

I think we should have them covered in the backs bar Thurston and Bowen.
KG V SCOTT should be a good little battle

if wests-tigers can control/limit thurston & bowen, then we have a good chance of winning.
its still gonna be a very tough game. :imp:

interesting to see travis burns has been dumped to the bench…....for grant rovelli :laughing:

A good side but not their strongest, very beatable, especially if we can get under Thurston's skin as much as we have been able to recently :slight_smile:.

ruh-roh

They're pretty strong across the park. As you read down the team list, strong names pop up every few players, especially in the forwards. Rovelli is better used at 5/8 and is pretty dangerous in space.

Let's cheer on Barret to knock Thurston's jaw off his smug Qld'er face on Wednesday night!

They look pretty strong on paper but they're forward pack is not the most mobile. I think if the Tigers start hard and fast, dominate possession early, they can rattle the Cowboys and run away with it. A lot will depend on how Thurston pulls up after SOO.

Not as confident looking at the side, but good to see Simon there on debut.
No Laurie and Galloway will hurt us. What is happining with Sauce? Would like an answer from Wests Tigers please….

@Tigerdale said:
interesting to see travis burns has been dumped to the bench…....for grant rovelli :laughing:

I think Burns is coming back from an injury. He's been out for a little while.

@Eye of the Tiger said:
Pretty good side

I think we should have them covered in the backs bar Thurston and Bowen.
KG V SCOTT should be a good little battle

This should be the benchmark by which silly posts are judged on the new forum!

Not having Payne around cuasing havoc at the ruck will help Wests. However, Watts is nippy, quick and will do his best to get Nth QLD on the front foot, taking forwards with him attempting to penetrate the Tigers defence. Slow down the ruck, limit the go forward, suffocate Thurston and Wests are more than capable of walking away with the 2 competition points.

This James Tamou is a great prospect for the Cowboys!! Will be exciting to see how he plays against the WT if he isn't dropped off the bench. This kid has it all!! Big, strong and agile on his feet. Will be hard to contain if he plays off the bench. WT will need to keep a close eye on him.

Back