Cricket Season Thread

@happy tiger said:
I'll go as far to say we bat first we will win the 3rd Test and if we don't and don't roll them for under 300 in the first innings we will lost the Test

I think we will lose it either way. Our bowlers are looking tired and our batting is suspect at best. Plus the Proteas have their backs up on their home soil.

while SA turned around a poor first test performance, i dont see the australians doing so for this test. they have a feel of just waiting for the end of a long tough season.

so far its looking like it was a good toss to win; the SA pacemen seem to be struggling a bit on this pitch.

looks like a batters wicket but theyre getting runs, so maybe it will go our way like the second test did for them?

@Cultured Bogan said:
After Warner running his mouth, I expect him not to reach double figures in either innings.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

He ended up making 3 figures and batting superbly haha
Clarke got through the rough stuff and is now in line for a century and Smith just keeps getting the job done.
Steyn being injured will hurt them with bowling workloads as well as missing their strike reverse swing bowler.

I think the pitch will get a result. It'll spin and go up and down if the weather gets to it. There aren't too many pitches that hold together supremely well so if the bowling is good enough, you can dismiss sides.

Superb knock from Warner, exactly what was required. Clarke's innings has been heroic and will be a gutsy 100 later tonight. Smith continues his purple patch. Great first day. Despite the knockers, that's our 5th century this series, could be 7 by the end of this innings….not bad against the worlds best attack.

@Cultured Bogan said:
After Warner running his mouth, I expect him not to reach double figures in either innings.

Sometimes its good to be wrong :wink:

Thoughts on Doolan at three

Very solid batsman , but the problem in my eyes is when Warner is first out

Rogers and Doolan seem to get stuck at times and put pressure on each other to score at a better rate

Doolan doesn't look for the singles. He doesn't rotate the strike enough and gets bogged down. Bit like warner when he first came into the side. Boundary or nothing. Worth persisting with though, has a good temperament.

If SA are worth their salt and are really the no 1 test side in the world, there's no way they should be bowled out twice on this wicket.

@happy tiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

Sometimes its good to be wrong :wink:

Was pleasantly surprised. Just had a feeling after the smack talk during the week he'd falter. Proven not to be the case fortunately.

warner reminds me of the "players youd never want the tigers to sign" thread: i think he is a tool. sure i love aussies to be great players but at the same time i like them to be good sportsmanship wise. i never liked warne either.
having said that, a hundred and thirty odd on the scoreboard ill take whoever scored it! :laughing:

i like the look of alex "chumpy" doolan. shame he couldnt go on to get a better score.

cant help but admire the way clarke has played. although i have to admit, after a slooooow period the morkel over made it exciting! really enjoyed it!

hopefully the pitch will wake up and the aussies will have had the best of it on day one and go on to win this.

@GNR4LIFE said:
If SA are worth their salt and are really the no 1 test side in the world, there's no way they should be bowled out twice on this wicket.

We jut need a draw to keep the trophy.Also if the pitch deteriorates on days 4 and 5 we may be able to bowl them out especially after hopefully being in the field for a long aussie first innings.But i do agree GNR the pitch needs to change.

Back