Cricket Season Thread

Pretty aweful summer of cricket so far for the ACB.
Australia are winning, but my god they are almost unopposed. The one series that draws a crowd is not panning out as was hoped.
Let’s hope the Saffas have a good chrissie and regroup.
2 day test match is crap.

That used to be the stock Gabba pitch.....green and hardly distinguishable from the outfield with Thommo steaming in one end and Joel Garner the other in shield games late 70s 80s.......players aren't not as good.
Not the uneven bounce ...yeah the swing , seam and bounce I agree .....the Gabba has barely been used this summer

Looks like the pommies found themselves a new leg spinner 5/48 on debut against Pakistan in Pakistan.
We’ll have to see if he can take wickets here yet but should be interesting for the next Ashes. I bet they are quietly rubbing their hands together at the prospect of doing a Warney to us.

Can't wait for the Boxing Day test tomorrow. It truly is a special occasion. It's something I look forward to every year.

I have been lucky enough to visit the MCG a few times. It really is a great place to watch cricket. It is like a coliseum when the crowd is 70K+. Being in that crowd is a wild experience.

Can't wait for the Boxing Day test tomorrow. It truly is a special occasion. It's something I look forward to every year.

I have been lucky enough to visit the MCG a few times. It really is a great place to watch cricket. It is like a coliseum when the crowd is 70K+. Being in that crowd is a wild experience.
Same, can’t wait to see the pitch and if they run with Hazo or Bolo? As much as I am loving Bolo’s story and efforts on the pitch with the 2 wicket overs and all, I would be picking Hazo. What about you Tigers halfback legend #1 Fan?

Same, can’t wait to see the pitch and if they run with Hazo or Bolo? As much as I am loving Bolo’s story and efforts on the pitch with the 2 wicket overs and all, I would be picking Hazo. What about you Tigers halfback legend #1 Fan?
Boland should play. No need to risk Hazlewood unless he is 100% fit. Straight into the team when he is though. Australia are blessed at the moment with fast bowling stocks. Michael Neser keeps dropping in the pecking order despite being an amazing bowler in his own right.

Boland should play. No need to risk Hazlewood unless he is 100% fit. Straight into the team when he is though. Australia are blessed at the moment with fast bowling stocks. Michael Neser keeps dropping in the pecking order despite being an amazing bowler in his own right.
Agreed at the moment no bowler should be risked.
Would love to se some top order batsman knocking the door down for Warners spot.

Latest posts

Back