Danger Game

jasetiger

This has to be a danger game for us, we come off an emotional win, and now play the team who desperatly don't want the wooden spoon this year.
Not to mention that the Roosters have been a bit of a bogey side for us and will want to avenge the first round drubbing we game them. The 2 extra days rest will also help them.

!!!DANGER ALERT!!!

Anytime you play crap you're in danger of under-estimating or thinking a victory is in the bag.

As long as the Tigers don't feel a win is sure thing, we should kill this mob…

Gould said it best (for a change) while i was waiting to get out of that pathetic car park.. If the tigers loose to the Roosters all the hard work they've did against Manly would have been for nothing!

COMEON TIGERS

I'm glad the Roosters won last weekend. Hopefully that will refocus the Wests Tigers to play their best this round.

@jasetiger said:
This has to be a danger game for us, we come off an emotional win, and now play the team who desperatly don't want the wooden spoon this year.
Not to mention that the Roosters have been a bit of a bogey side for us and will want to avenge the first round drubbing we game them. The 2 extra days rest will also help them.

!!!DANGER ALERT!!!

I agree Jasetiger….....but for the Tigers....every game is a danger game for them till after the Grand Final win :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally Agree.

it's been said so many times already BUT last nights tremendous win will mean absolutely nothing If we fail to beat the roosters on sunday. We have a shorter turnaround and I think last nights game was bruising But we need to keep focused.

The Roosters are now playing better with Big Willie firing. I think we are going to need to Win 3 more games to jag a semi's spot. So that would mean having to beat Roosters and Sharks and then jag a win against either Parra, Titans and Dogs.. My real fear is that we may only win 2 more games.. Our last 3 games will be very tuff and we have to realise we have so called choked before when being in position to make the semis.. Why do we always do this… I can remember only about a month ago - That part of me wanted us to keep losing so this mediocrity could end and we would make changes, But of course -- We had a resurgence but now is all just forgiven when we still had questionable selections and heartbreaking losses... On the flip side - The game can be a game of Inches and If you give us the Win against Souths ( which we blew) then we are in the 8 and You could also add that Broncos game where we were hard done by.. even the Bulldogs game and so on..... Interesting times but Until we beat Roosters and Sharks we can't be sure.. If we win our next 2 games, I will be hoping we can at least win 1 of our last 3 But this has happened before where we have choked!!! I think others have mentioned that we could also make it by just winning 2 more games.. So we really dont know what could happen.. C'mon Tigers!!!

got to agree with you all, we are playing for the same 2 points we were against Manly. A loss here means last week was for nothing.

this week & next week we are playing the two teams in line for the most hated prize in the game.
rorters & sharks are going to be very very up for those 2 games.
Will we???

If we were coming off an easy win and the Roosters coming off a big loss I would be worried. As it is I think we've all been given a quick reminder of just how close these games can be, and how there are no easy beats…

This Game has me more worried then the Manly Game

Roosters comming of a win and now equal with the Sharks.
Tigers comming of a Hard and Fast Game where in the last 20mins they were all over us.

This is the sort of game we now how to loose.
Hopefully things have changed

Sheens has been saying this each and every week, they arent looking at the finals, they are just trying to focus one week at a time. Although i hate everyone that says this, it's true, because when you start to look at the semi finals before you have made it, then look what happened the past three years! Kaboom. If we play like we did the last 4 wins, Roosters = no HOPEE

Come on Tigers, the semi-final train is in full motion!! Don't let it come to a screeching holt!!

Danger game for sure, but in reality they all are from here. One thing is for sure after our ordinary second half last night There wont be too many pats on the back this week at training which I tend to think a good thing. Still not sure though if that second half effort will hurt our confidence, it would have to a little. Either way we have some decent scalps over the past month, the bottom two sides should be easily beatable if we are fair dinkum.

GE will be fired up for this one, I can smell it.

He'll be happy Mason has found some form so he can knock it back out of him.

if we DID lose which i don't think we will, we would be undoing the good work over the past month

i think this game and the next will be an indicator of whether or not we have matured as a team and learnt anything from the past few years, these next 2 games are the sought of games we have been losing in the past.
If we win them both then well perhaps we are a better side as sheens has been saying lately.
if we lose its the same old tigers team.
i dont care if there trying to avoid the spoon, were trying to make the 8, much more motivation to play well imo.
also roosters played well against a knights team on the slide but they were playing against there next coach who when he took over the knights cleared out alot of players who probably felt somewhat safe.
its a danger game yes but its ours to lose.

Playing the Roosters will be a tough assignment. Last night was such a big night I just hope we can keep it going next week. Roosters will try everything on Sunday but we need these two points. I just feel we will have to work very hard to get them.

We are going back to the same dung heap….it's an advantage after lasts nights win I reckon...geez never tought Id say that

The chooks if the play to the top of their game could win, they have quite few good players and everyone is trying to impress Smith avoid the broom thats sure to come at Bondi. In saying that good wins over the rabbits,cowboys raiders and manly we are not far behind the dragons as the form side. Although as we all know a week is a long time for the tigers and a shocker is usually never far away.

Sheens knows his backside is on the line and if we go into a fourth consecutive year of failure the papers will be all over him which he would HATE.

Latest posts

Members online

Back