David Nofoaluma #164

We don't pay the bills though. It's mostly TV rights and corporate.

The club is more competitive if things are kept under wraps. We need to keep that in mind. Of course we want to know, but keeping this in house is better.
As far as I know isn’t it disclosed for betting reasons , as messed up as that is . Most professional sports have that as a way to provide “transparency” , at the very least to create the illusion of it. I mean with people like Simona and whoever , I highly doubt there isn’t players/ managers / officials putting large chunks of coin through a mate or whatever on exotics , like the overs, first try score etc.
In saying all that , I’m glad the club is keeping things in house . I would never play for a club that as soon as you messed up , had Danny weidler out the front with an exclusive .
Sure there’s a duty of care/ HR reasoning , but it’s bigger than that , for talent acquisition, it would basically destroy your brand leaking this type of thing .
Because isn’t that the sell to most players . “We have a real amazing group of guys at this club”.
If you can’t sell that , then what ? We have an open check book ? “
Then you get the mercenary tigers / bulldogs/ titans pf the last few years .

If there is something to this story and the fact it hasn't been leaked to the media in the last 3 weeks is a positive for the club.
Agree 100%. Sounds to me like our Football Manager has influenced a more respectful flow of information. No more undermining the playing group perhaps?

So if Douehi doesn't play again this year, with no explanation from the club. All good? Nothing to see?
If Tedesco was out with no explanation, there would be screams of a cover up on here.

NRL clubs regularly drop blokes over non-performance issues and you never hear about it.

If clubs reported on it, it would resemble Days of Our Lives.

I had a personal friend who played wing for another club and was dropped to reserves permanently after a fight with a more high profile player at training. He ended up needing to move clubs once his contract was up.

NRL clubs regularly drop blokes over non-performance issues and you never hear about it.

If clubs reported on it, it would resemble Days of Our Lives.

I had a personal friend who played wing for another club and was dropped to reserves permanently after a fight with a more high profile player at training. He ended up needing to move clubs once his contract was up.
Dropped from every grade? BS, you always hear about it.

Reactions: BZN
Dropped from every grade? BS, you always hear about it.
I can assure you it's true. He was dropped from first grade to reserves for the last year and a bit of his contract and it never made the news.

He wasn't a dud either, he ended up playing nearly 100 games for the club who signed him.

Edit: This was mid 2000s when there was less media coverage than today

I can assure you it's true. He was dropped from first grade to reserves for the last year and a bit of his contract and it never made the news.

He wasn't a dud either, he ended up playing nearly 100 games for the club who signed him.
Dumped to reserve grade..... that didn't happen here .

So if Douehi doesn't play again this year, with no explanation from the club. All good? Nothing to see?
If Tedesco was out with no explanation, there would be screams of a cover up on here.
I trust that the club would have a reason for not giving the explanation.
Same with Tedesco at Roosters and Munster at the Storm.

If the club feels it's better for Nofoaluma that this doesn't come out in the media and that they don't want people talking about it, I commend them.

Nofo needs to sort himself out off field before it costs him his ridiculously inflated contract. $465k for a winger is huge money and while he's been good this year, that's a fair dent in our cap.

a lot of decent young wingers at the club that would kill for a spot in the top 30 at a quarter of the price, needs to pull his head in. I think he's been one of our best this year when on the field but that counts for nothing if his off field attitude is as diabolical as reported.

Nofo needs to sort himself out off field before it costs him his ridiculously inflated contract. $465k for a winger is huge money and while he's been good this year, that's a fair dent in our cap.

a lot of decent young wingers at the club that would kill for a spot in the top 30 at a quarter of the price, needs to pull his head in. I think he's been one of our best this year when on the field but that counts for nothing if his off field attitude is as diabolical as reported.
He is feeling unloved at the moment and needs to act his actual age....club is concerned and it would not surprise if they shop him around in 2023

He is feeling unloved at the moment and needs to act his actual age....club is concerned and it would not surprise if they shop him around in 2023
turned up to training drunk last year, went to Twitter to point the finger at his teammates and now another indiscretion. needs to pull his head in, if not Scolari can go straight to the Top 30 and we can bring back Jordan Hill to replace Ken long term.

Dumped to reserve grade..... that didn't happen here .
I trust that the club would have a reason for not giving the explanation.
Same with Tedesco at Roosters and Munster at the Storm.

If the club feels it's better for Nofoaluma that this doesn't come out in the media and that they don't want people talking about it, I commend them.
G'day @tig_prmz
But as you've seen we ARE talking about it and the rumours are going to keep on keeping on.
I feel Wests Tigers need to employ a part time ex-pollie spin dr.....maybe even Sco Mo since he is outa work atm, to spin a tale so confusing we wont know how to respond....then we wont talk about it.
But seriously, I feel something 'serious' has happened and they dont want us to know.

My point was mainly about leaks though. Whether it's personal, medical or disciplinary- they've done a good job of keeping it under wraps.

You think?

It was basically written on the wall when he wasn't named in the top 24 in the 2nd week.
Teams are named Tuesday, If a bloke has a "Concussion" from 2 games prior, He's at least named in the Top 24 on Tuesday.. Especially if you're playing Sunday
(Long time between Tuesday and Sunday to pass 2 week old Concussion tests)

Couple that with the fact he played 80 mins in the 6 pt loss against the Dragons!!
Then somehow developed a "concussion" from the game sometime later?

Only a guess, But the coach has dropped him more than once for attitude and performance,
I'd suggest he's been stood down under the guise of a concussion to keep the heat off the club and coach (Over the few weeks the season that they've been taking it easier on us)

I don't remember the Dragons game - Is that the one where Jacko ripped him?

G'day @tig_prmz
But as you've seen we ARE talking about it and the rumours are going to keep on keeping on.
I feel Wests Tigers need to employ a part time ex-pollie spin dr.....maybe even Sco Mo since he is outa work atm, to spin a tale so confusing we wont know how to respond....then we wont talk about it.
But seriously, I feel something 'serious' has happened and they dont want us to know.
We didn't talk about it for 3 weeks, the media didn't either.

Obviously everything comes out eventually..

G'day @tig_prmz
I’m hoping it wasn’t serious. Madge talked about the boys having high standards this morning when asked about the disciplinary action. Could be as simple as missing a couple of training sessions without notice?

Members online

Back