David Nofoaluma #164

I am happy for Noffo to be playing good footy and enjoying himself.

Hope he enjoys the chance to play semi finals footy.

At the Storm everyone knows their role and they all know they are accountable for their performance, two things WT do not appear to have over the years.

If you look at Storms team last night in all honesty how many of the WT side would be selected in Storms top 17. Maybe Joffa and Pell off the bench. No one from WT backline.

Funny years ago WT Forum Member considered Meaney an average. He has looked good in multiple positions and kicks at 72%.

Yep. Recruitment and development and then competition for spots. It’s upstairs that counts. Melbourne were shopping pappenhsuzen, he continued to try his best and took his opportunity and became an origin player. Noffa is probably 1st picked at tigers. The word entitled comes to mind.
And perhaps that is the problem - because there is no competition there is no need to grow. When they don't grow they get frustrated, blame each other and stop putting in.

The club/ decision makers had already weakened the team by letting players go and not replace them. Can you blame Doueihi for being interested in playing finals footy when the decision makers sack his coach weaken the squad and right off the year? We need players who want success and we need to learn how to recruit and retain them. If he his questioning his future at this club I don't blame him at all - we are whole lot of talk and no substance. And if he moves on he will be another one that we will convince ourselves we dont need.
I can see both sides of the arguments, both including player mid-season loans as being beneficial and harmful.
It depends a lot on how one gets out of bed.
I think the value of our club is tarnished and it doesn't take much to tarnish it even further.
My dad said that it's easy for metal to rust but it's harder to polish.

Yeah the abc asked his three times and he said he didn’t want to make a comment as we were going through a “ tough time”

He had to repeat himself.

I was proud of him.

Not even Benji or Tim have had the same composure and empathy in the past.
Yeh that's pretty cool.

• Love
Reactions: TSP
Nofa’s kick return metres are off the charts, and his missed tackles are virtually non existent since he went to Storm.
What are we doing wrong? Or what are we not doing?
Lee Hagipantelis, who has a close personal relationship with Nofa, says Nofa just needs a reason to play. He said that prior to him going to Storm.
If this is the case, what is that reason? What has the club not been giving him?
We know it’s not money, he’s possibly the highest paid winger in the NRL?
Can anyone point to why or how we develop good footy players into average footy players and other clubs do the opposite?
His lack of defence at WT was always due to the ordinary defence inside of him.

He’s still exactly the same player as he was at WT, he’s just at a much more professional organisation it’s as simple as that.

Been saying it for years. Players come here and get worse, and they leave here and get better in general.

IMO it’s to do with the professionalism of the club. We constantly make mistakes off the field and that translates to on the field.

I can see both sides of the arguments, both including player mid-season loans as being beneficial and harmful.
It depends a lot on how one gets out of bed.
I think the value of our club is tarnished and it doesn't take much to tarnish it even further.
My dad said that it's easy for metal to rust but it's harder to polish.
Club loyalty has gone since the game became professional, and players have best mates in most clubs. We see it at the end of each game.
A player given the chance to play with Melbourne who had any level of ambition, instead of sticking it out with the fate that our club set up for its players, would have jumped at the chance. Nofa wouldn't be there if our club was in a position to play finals footy- and year in year out they fail to assemble a squad capable.
So do you hang around or move on If your a player that wants more?

He’s still exactly the same player as he was at WT, he’s just at a much more professional organisation it’s as simple as that.

Been saying it for years. Players come here and get worse, and they leave here and get better in general.

IMO it’s to do with the professionalism of the club. We constantly make mistakes off the field and that translates to on the field.

Completely agree,Nof does have problems defensively but he has never had a centre alongside of him who can defend especially when the defence generally breaks down on the edge of the ruck.

Where are the direct quotes from Nofa champ, I have not seen them anywhere??
As u well know I totally agree with the fact about his inside defenders. One being a tired and lazy defender like Luciano who I have stated several times should never have been used as an 80 minute player. Funny how going to the cowgirls Payton has him coming off the bench!!
I read it on the fox sports website. It was an entire article specifically titled with "fell back in love with the game"....

*By the way, is it just me? Or do other people find it incredibly condescending and a feeble attempt to belittle someone by calling them "champ"?

Probably me being over sensitive, but I'm 50 years old, not 8. Anyway, wasn't aimed at me, just saying....

In any case, what a shit thing to say.

Can you imagine being seconded to a client's office and then the newsletter emailed out to both entire companies, and is available to the world to read, has an article on you and you go on about how since coming to the client's office you've "fallen back in love with your job"?!

How would you feel about him when he comes back?

Personally, I'd be pissed and think he would rather be somewhere else. It sure sounds like it.

10 year veteran, leading all time try scorer... I really don't give a fk.

His comments, completely out there for the world to read, show to me he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Unless he has a damn good case to say he was completely misquoted/taken out of context (which is libellous on fox's part), I hope he does stay at Melbourne (if they even want him).

I am happy for Noffo to be playing good footy and enjoying himself.

Hope he enjoys the chance to play semi finals footy.

At the Storm everyone knows their role and they all know they are accountable for their performance, two things WT do not appear to have over the years.

If you look at Storms team last night in all honesty how many of the WT side would be selected in Storms top 17. Maybe Joffa and Pell off the bench. No one from WT backline.

Funny years ago WT Forum Member considered Meaney an average. He has looked good in multiple positions and kicks at 72%.
I have a soft spot for factory players who defy the odds like Meaney.

So I say to people, we should look closely at recruiting the off field talent at other clubs.

We could do a lot worse than snapping up Melbourne’s recruiters.

Completely agree,Nof does have problems defensively but he has never had a centre alongside of him who can defend especially when the defence generally breaks down on the edge of the ruck.
Also we fail to cover, no second line of D.
How many times do you see a swarm of Penrith players smash the opposition winger who's trying to score in the corner or they are bundled into touch.

It’s Nofoaluma the footballer, not Nofoaluma the Heart surgeon. Give the guy a break, media ain’t his strong point, social media is.

The journo was trying to get a story that Nofo was flying high at the new marquee club and that we were rubbish to fit the boring league narrative. Black and white dumbing down.

But our winger wasn’t having a bar of it.

Mid season loans etc are excellent.

I support the mid seasony loan thing, because it’s a good way to get good and better players to sign

They will know there is a chance for them for finals glory with another club if their own club doesn’t make it.

All the struggling sides should support it, because it gives us a chance to get the better players.

It helps overcome the prison sentence mentality of being stuck.

Many players are more mercenary instead of totally loyal otherwise they would play for unders all the time.

Only a few are genuinely loyal.

Loyalty is more a club and fan thing.

Melbourne has a rule that’s part of their culture that after you score a try you can’t acknowledge the crowd or the cameras. You have to turn around and thank your teammates. It’s quite funny watching Nof do that when his natural instinct is to do otherwise.

So, does that put Brooks in the same group?
The club’s off field mistakes have no bearing on the on field performance, according to Hagipantelis?

Seems to run a lot straighter after 2 games than any of our coaches have been able to get him running after 10 years

Seems to run a lot straighter after 2 games than any of our coaches have been able to get him running after 10 years
That's mainly due to Storms ability to bend the line where WT opposition have the D Line set.

I read it on the fox sports website. It was an entire article specifically titled with "fell back in love with the game"....

*By the way, is it just me? Or do other people find it incredibly condescending and a feeble attempt to belittle someone by calling them "champ"?

Probably me being over sensitive, but I'm 50 years old, not 8. Anyway, wasn't aimed at me, just saying....

In any case, what a shit thing to say.

Can you imagine being seconded to a client's office and then the newsletter emailed out to both entire companies, and is available to the world to read, has an article on you and you go on about how since coming to the client's office you've "fallen back in love with your job"?!

How would you feel about him when he comes back?

Personally, I'd be pissed and think he would rather be somewhere else. It sure sounds like it.

10 year veteran, leading all time try scorer... I really don't give a fk.

His comments, completely out there for the world to read, show to me he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Unless he has a damn good case to say he was completely misquoted/taken out of context (which is libellous on fox's part), I hope he does stay at Melbourne (if they even want him).
I agree. 'Champ' is a kind of bullying term. On a par with 'dickhead' but acceptable to mods.

Members online

Back