David Nofoaluma #164

Old mate missed out on the Samoan team for the World Cup.

That's gotta hit his ego haha

But those blokes wouldn't have the Tattoo....

Can't even get a gig in a second tier team....
Was giggling when May and Tago were committing thinking this day would come.

Article - ‘It felt like a promotion’: How Storm stint helped Nofoaluma fall in love with footy again

Martin Gabor from Nca Newswire

February 2nd, 2023 11:20 am

David Nofoaluma has described his six-game stint with the Storm as “one of the best things of my career” after a maiden finals appearance helped him fall back in love with the game after almost a decade of heartbreak.

With the Tigers no chance of playing finals footy last season, Nofoaluma – who spent time in reserve grade last year – made the call to move south where the Storm were experiencing a backline crisis with a number of players out injured.

It was rumoured at the time that the move could spell the end of his career at the club he made his NRL debut with back in 2013, with Nofoaluma seemingly fed up with their inability to challenge for titles.

“When you’re younger, you’re buzzing because you get the chance to do something you’ve dreamed about since you were a kid. Once you establish yourself in your career, you then want to enjoy some success.

1675312417135.png

“So for me not being able to play finals, that took a huge toll on me and affected me mentally.

“I‘d say I’ve found it difficult to take on everything that’s happened in the past two years. That’s why I think going down there was the best thing for me.

“I think they (the Tigers) just knew where my head was at the time, and unfortunately it wasn’t really here.

“I now feel fresh and understand that my role isn’t just to play at my best but to also help my teammates in any way I can to help us be a top side.”

Before he left, Nofoaluma told his Tigers teammates that he’d follow their progress closely and that he still had love for the club.

It was a tough watch as they suffered some shocking losses on their way to the club’s first wooden spoon, which juxtaposed the fun Nofoaluma was having in Melbourne with big-name stars like Cameron Munster and Harry Grant.

The 29-year-old moved to Richmond where he lived by himself within walking distance of AAMI Park and was able to live out a childhood dream when he made his finals debut in what turned out to be his final Storm game against the Raiders.

“It was one of the best things in my career,” Nofoaluma told NCA NewsWire.

“After 10 years of not being able to play finals, it kind of felt like a promotion to be able to do that with such a quality side like Melbourne.

“It was definitely hard for me to leave that place. I was happy when I was there, and I think anyone would say the same thing because you play your best when you’re happy,” he said.

“When you’ve got an environment that lives and breathes footy, it makes it tough to say goodbye. If anything goes wrong now, I just think of my time down there and remember why I fell in love with this game.”

“I’ve got so much respect for everyone at that organisation, and I think they helped me out more than I helped them. They reminded me how much I love this game from the second I got there.

Having had a taste of finals, Nofoaluma is hungrier than ever to get back to the post-season, something the Tigers haven’t done since 2011.

But with Tim Sheens back at the helm and with star recruits Api Koroisau, David Klemmer, John Bateman and Isaiah Papali’i there to bolster the roster, there’s a hope that long-suffering fans finally have something to look forward to.

“I’ve seen how big this fan base is,” he said.

“This club is so fortunate to have such loyal fans who have been with us for 11 years without finals. If there’s going to be a year that we turn it around, then this is the one we do it. I’ve been here for quite some time now, and it feels different this year.

Jeez can we just let him go.

Promotion? How about you do your job and maybe you will get promoted to the finals.

Worse decision. Resigning him for 4 years. There was legit no other takers and we just give him a big contract. Crazy.

Article - ‘It felt like a promotion’: How Storm stint helped Nofoaluma fall in love with footy again

Martin Gabor from Nca Newswire

February 2nd, 2023 11:20 am

David Nofoaluma has described his six-game stint with the Storm as “one of the best things of my career” after a maiden finals appearance helped him fall back in love with the game after almost a decade of heartbreak.

With the Tigers no chance of playing finals footy last season, Nofoaluma – who spent time in reserve grade last year – made the call to move south where the Storm were experiencing a backline crisis with a number of players out injured.

It was rumoured at the time that the move could spell the end of his career at the club he made his NRL debut with back in 2013, with Nofoaluma seemingly fed up with their inability to challenge for titles.

“When you’re younger, you’re buzzing because you get the chance to do something you’ve dreamed about since you were a kid. Once you establish yourself in your career, you then want to enjoy some success.

View attachment 4300

“So for me not being able to play finals, that took a huge toll on me and affected me mentally.

“I‘d say I’ve found it difficult to take on everything that’s happened in the past two years. That’s why I think going down there was the best thing for me.

“I think they (the Tigers) just knew where my head was at the time, and unfortunately it wasn’t really here.

“I now feel fresh and understand that my role isn’t just to play at my best but to also help my teammates in any way I can to help us be a top side.”

Before he left, Nofoaluma told his Tigers teammates that he’d follow their progress closely and that he still had love for the club.

It was a tough watch as they suffered some shocking losses on their way to the club’s first wooden spoon, which juxtaposed the fun Nofoaluma was having in Melbourne with big-name stars like Cameron Munster and Harry Grant.

The 29-year-old moved to Richmond where he lived by himself within walking distance of AAMI Park and was able to live out a childhood dream when he made his finals debut in what turned out to be his final Storm game against the Raiders.

“It was one of the best things in my career,” Nofoaluma told NCA NewsWire.

“After 10 years of not being able to play finals, it kind of felt like a promotion to be able to do that with such a quality side like Melbourne.

“It was definitely hard for me to leave that place. I was happy when I was there, and I think anyone would say the same thing because you play your best when you’re happy,” he said.

“When you’ve got an environment that lives and breathes footy, it makes it tough to say goodbye. If anything goes wrong now, I just think of my time down there and remember why I fell in love with this game.”

“I’ve got so much respect for everyone at that organisation, and I think they helped me out more than I helped them. They reminded me how much I love this game from the second I got there.

Having had a taste of finals, Nofoaluma is hungrier than ever to get back to the post-season, something the Tigers haven’t done since 2011.

But with Tim Sheens back at the helm and with star recruits Api Koroisau, David Klemmer, John Bateman and Isaiah Papali’i there to bolster the roster, there’s a hope that long-suffering fans finally have something to look forward to.

“I’ve seen how big this fan base is,” he said.

“This club is so fortunate to have such loyal fans who have been with us for 11 years without finals. If there’s going to be a year that we turn it around, then this is the one we do it. I’ve been here for quite some time now, and it feels different this year.

Hopefully he gets use to the Magpies Jersey in KOE as that shows his lack of class. ( Not a shot at the Magpies )

I would prefer Scholari or Tupou on the wing and he can watch himself in the big screen at the games from the stands during First Grade. I use to like Noffa but he has become an A Grade tool. Not a team player and whilst he is good with ball in hand he leave a lot to be desired in defence and blames his teammates for his inability to read a defence.

Last edited:

Members online

Back