David Nofoaluma #164

What did David do that made you lose sleep?
Look … Dave clearly has created a bubble around himself , which self reflection and honest feedback are on the outside of this bubble . I’m sure in his mind , he thinks everything he’s saying is absolutely true .
But the thing I don’t understand is … he does realise that the management that let him go , literally none of them were there for 90% of his gripes .
he does realise that his gripe for the most part is with his mate the chair and the previous management .
When he says things like the “club” what’s he referencing ? The four walls and logo ? It’s pretty strange rationality . I would be worried if I was Salford . He honestly sounds like he’s going through some depression or something. His logic and reasoning doesn’t hold up under even the slightest bit of heat .

What did David do that made you lose sleep?
That game against the dragons from a few years back when Garth Widdop ripped him to shreds one of the worst games I have ever seen from a winger

Still to this day the scars have not fully healed it's up there with the 89 GF

When I think of dark places in rugby league Nofo's day the 89 GF and the day Mark O'Neil had his jaw broken

This guy has made his exit an everybody has a problem with me victim mentality....
As a player he has been getting steadily worse and he is clearly the only one who doesn't see it...
I agree with previous posters that Salford might need to keep mental health tabs on him....

Poor old Nofa seems to be becoming increasingly detached from reality as time goes on. Guy could have bowed out gracefully and retained some good will from fans but he’s chosen to play the victim. There aren’t many professions where you stop turning up for work, get a 300k golden handshake and then lob up at another lucrative gig a few weeks later.

The part I dont understand is.... with all due respect.... is how you know what he thinks or feels...
I guess the words that come directly out of his mouth. Everyone now knows what he thinks and feels
His below average performances on the field which he attributes to everybody else but himself...sick of losing? Fair enough, but the game against Newcastle last year where he literally ran around in a circle and threw a hospital pass which was knocked on sum him up as a player nowadays. In another game he had a clean break, open field ahead of him and he was run down by a forward. Look at yourself before you blame everybody else at the club....

You say his whole career a debacle !
So how come in 2020 he was a Dally M winger and Wests Tigers player of the year ?
I guess what he should have done is when he was offered a 5 year contract at $500k p.a
He should have said No that's too much give me a 3 year contract at $250 k p.a.
That's what you would have done Surely ?
A fair bit of the hundreds of posts hating him blame him for signing that contract
I certainly don’t begrudge him for signing a ridiculous contract anymore than I blame Luke Brooks, Robbie Farah, Josh Reynolds, well I’ll stop here before I use up all the forum’s bandwidth…

Guy could play and was an ace try scorer in his time.

Last edited:
If Nofo has mental issues I hope he can seek help,because if he doesnt all the good he has done in previous years will be to no avail,he did have really terrible defensive reads for a professional NRL winger,but could finish off brilliantly at times...
I wish him and Salford all the best,but Im moving forward to support the team and the youth coming through...David had my support but is no longer here,my interest is in the future of the club,not the past,a past that has been very ordinary for quite awhile,now is the time for winning and achieving much better results,especially much more positive publicity,because as we all know we are the champions of negative publicity...

Just like our in coming half back
Our incoming halfback is stepping up into the NRL arena where he held his own in previous years,has the confidence of the coach and will once again in my belief hold his own again and teach the youth the game...Nof is going down a fair step in a weaker comp,he may or may not hold his own in that comp because of his defensive faults and the loss of his attacking flair...

Poor old Nofa seems to be becoming increasingly detached from reality as time goes on. Guy could have bowed out gracefully and retained some good will from fans but he’s chosen to play the victim. There aren’t many professions where you stop turning up for work, get a 300k golden handshake and then lob up at another lucrative gig a few weeks later.
I would've thought the Tigers would've been smart and included a "gag" clause in his termination payout. A clause where if he puts any sh*t on the club publicly, the club can go after his payout...It happens in the corporate world.

I would've thought the Tigers would've been smart and included a "gag" clause in his termination payout. A clause where if he puts any sh*t on the club publicly, the club can go after his payout...It happens in the corporate world.
Why? All this has done is prove that WT was right to dump him.
Great PR for them and didn't cost them a dime.

Latest posts

Back