Day of Reckoning

Knuckles

I think tonights performance will give us a better idea as to how we will fare for the rest of the season. That is if we are genuine semi final contenders or whether we will finish down with Cronulla.

I expect to see the team come out all guns blazing tonight. I expect intensity for the full 80 minutes, a reduction in unforced errors and not conceding silly penalties. Most of all I expect to see a will to win and to put the ledger straight from last week. I expect to see pride in themselves and pride in the jersey.

Today really is the day of reckoning.

I dont want to see the boys coming out Guns Blazing. This doesnt suit our style of play as not many teams will hold the intensity for the full 80 minutes.

I want to see the boys do the basic thing first and work thier way into the game. Once the basics are completed, only them should we lift it up a notch and start the Guns.

We have 102 years of history. The boys shouldnt be looking to play today for us fans, they need to play today for themselves and every player who has worn the patch on thier chest. Them need to play as one today, no Captains, No Ego's, and take no BS… It all starts today!!!
:sign:

I want to see the Tigers show good line speed in defence and hold the ball for a change. If they can get the basics right then they are on the path to recovery hopefully.

I agree with all of the above. Surely they won't turn up with the same lacksadaisical attitude to last week ….. surely not. They owe us fans, yes the ones who pay their hard earned to go and watch these guys, they do owe us something for our loyalty ..... particularly in light of last weeks debacle.

Not sure today is the "D" day - more like a stepping stone towards consistency, which is what is lacking.
This competition can change in the blink of an eye, or a dropped ball, or a video ref decision..

@Tiger Watto said:
I dont want to see the boys coming out Guns Blazing. This doesnt suit our style of play as not many teams will hold the intensity for the full 80 minutes.

I want to see the boys do the basic thing first and work thier way into the game. Once the basics are completed, only them should we lift it up a notch and start the Guns.

We have 102 years of history. The boys shouldnt be looking to play today for us fans, they need to play today for themselves and every player who has worn the patch on thier chest. Them need to play as one today, no Captains, No Ego's, and take no BS… It all starts today!!!
:sign:

if we come out guns blazing then it could be a long night and show total immaturity. im just afraid that this will happen because we have no real leaders or the real leaders dont have a © next to their name.

I think they will have a real go for 10 -15 minutes, but once Newcastle scores, they will become as soft as Marshmellows. I hope I am wrong but after last week i have no confidence.

I would just like to see wests-tigers have a win.
whether is through totally destroying the knights or make the most of an error to score a try to ensure the win.
just win.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the tensions at the club wont be fixed in a week. I'm not going to get carried away with anything I see tonight, win lose or draw. There are obviously issues that need resolving and they will require much more than a band-aid solution. A lot makes sense now if you look at our last two weak insipid performances.

How can you EXPECT anything after the last two performances? I'm sick of getting my hopes up. This is not an elite team and we all need to stop thinking they are, UNTIL they prove it.

I'm just going to sit back and watch and not expect anything. if they win, great. If they lose, I won't be the least bit surprised.

Honestly this is a must win.

After the debacle of last week,well game is to restore some pride,for evberyone involved.

I for one am sick of copping it at work…..I wanna go in on Monday smiling,

@simonthetiger said:
I wanna go in on Monday smiling,

Come on over to my place, I'll send you to work smiling. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got a feeling we may turn it around and jag a win tonight.

Here's hoping. I expect them to shed blood for the cause tonight. Enough of the crap, just get out there and play football and give us something to cheer about.

FIRE UP!!!

Back