Declan Casey Josh Feledy

He must be injured every week then.
I've held off on having a go at Bula hoping he would up his involvement, but I just don't think he has a football brain.
There were so many half breaks last night where a Teddy or a Walsh would've been lurking in support but Bula just doesn't have the instinct to be in the right place at the right time.
He's not alone though. Api and Galvin and even Sullivan were creating space attacking the Cowboys' line but there's just nobody in the team that knows what line to run or how to hit a hole. It's so frustrating to watch.
Yep with you on all counts. Maybe Bula is being coached to play the way he is but he needs to work on his positional game and could use some coaching from a former champion fullback. So frustrating at times to see him pass in clear space when he could run or not be running in support looking for a hole the way the best fullbacks do. Shows promise but much to work on.

Unfortunately both are better on the left side.
I’ve only ever seen both of them play on the left.
Feledy is still very young and looks a smart enough player to keep improving and be a capable back up for Olam, but we also have Makasini emerging should we retrain him and also To’a who is a natural left sided player, but has mainly played on the right for us out of necessity,

Yep with you on all counts. Maybe Bula is being coached to play the way he is but he needs to work on his positional game and could use some coaching from a former champion fullback. So frustrating at times to see him pass in clear space when he could run or not be running in support looking for a hole the way the best fullbacks do. Shows promise but much to work on.
He’s played just over one season of NRL I’d wait to see how he looks into his third season next year after another off season. It’s a hard position to play.

I reckon they might go Staines right centre next game to give Lobb a start on the wing.
I was thinking same but that means we'll have an edge of Seyfarth, Staines, Lobb up against S'ua, Suli & Ravalawa. I guess Staines did handle Sivo ok.

I’ve only ever seen both of them play on the left.
Feledy is still very young and looks a smart enough player to keep improving and be a capable back up for Olam, but we also have Makasini emerging should we retrain him and also To’a who is a natural left sided player, but has mainly played on the right for us out of necessity,
His main issue coming through the grades was defence . Thats where everyone said he needed massive improvement . I thought Feledy did a good job , but he still needs improvement . He will get there IMO
I thought the scouting report with Casey was he could defend . Whilst I thought he scrambled well , he was caught out of position a few times .
Casey’s team xecurion with the ball though …. Was extremely Ben Pommeroy like…. And that’s not a compliment. His catch and pass is not good .
Look we lost that game at the ruck . Thier play the ball was almost touch football speed .
I fell like in journey for more discipline we sacrificed our control in the ruck .

I was thinking same but that means we'll have an edge of Seyfarth, Staines, Lobb up against S'ua, Suli & Ravalawa. I guess Staines did handle Sivo ok.
I’d definately give Staines the challenge, tell him it’s a trial for a potential permanent move the the centres.
If he can muscle up defensively on Suli, he should worry Suli with his speed if we can get him one on one with a bit of space.

You’re correct but was it a game changer or just one of those 50/50 calls that happen each week?
Hard to say. Probably not a game hanger but I don’t think feledy was in the wrong there, and think he did pretty well last night. Whether he’s the prodigy he’s being touted as is another question, but at least he didn’t try and take someone’s head off for no reason.

I’d definately give Staines the challenge, tell him it’s a trial for a potential permanent move the the centres.
If he can muscle up defensively on Suli, he should worry Suli with his speed if we can get him one on one with a bit of space.

How do you tell him that when Sunia has been signed to play right centre?

Feledys defense was outstanding. He saved nanai from scoring a try and stoped valentine holmes on the 20 tap which wouldve been dangerous. For 2nd game of NRL all haters need to give him a break. im liking the look of this kid and his future.
His opposite centre had 4 line breaks, 6 tackle busts and mafe 218 meters and the opposite winger score 2 tries - not sure anyone on that side had outstanding defence. If you'd made the claim on Casey mayby it could be respected

His opposite centre had 4 line breaks, 6 tackle busts and mafe 218 meters and the opposite winger score 2 tries - not sure anyone on that side had outstanding defence. If you'd made the claim on Casey mayby it could be respected
poster signed up specifically to trot that out…
I like Feledy, I don’t see an NRL future for him though…

A pass mark for Feledy, surely Casey is playing injured as he was terrible.
Need to see how Staines goes at right centre.
Didnt casey go down early after copping one to his nose? Probably should have been an hia but we just didn’t have any (suitable) replacements. He just couldn’t play through it.

Last edited:
Back