Defence

steven_tiger

Was a little worrying today IMO.

We looked suspect down the middle at times, and our line speed was terrible.

I thought we looked very flat until Benji scored. Our attack clicked into gear but not our defence.

We need to push up and SMASH whoever has the ball next week. Especially Hayne, Hindmarsh and Moi Moi.

If we allow offloads like we did today they will flog us.

I'm already nervous about this game, and, unfortunately I think we'll get towelled up by a team who'll give the premiership a real shake in the coming weeks.

@steven_tiger said:
\
\
\
\
\
\
I'm already nervous about this game, and, unfortunately I think we'll get towelled up by a team who'll give the premiership a real shake in the coming weeks.

Nah,not gonna happen, Tigers will smash them :wink:

@steven_tiger said:

We looked suspect down the middle at times, and our line speed was terrible.

I thought we looked very flat until Benji scored. Our attack clicked into gear but not our defence.

We need to push up and SMASH whoever has the ball next week. Especially Hayne, Hindmarsh and Moi Moi.

I agree.

Our commitment was down and everytime the Sharks looked like turning the ball inside we were suspect. It was like we had 13 Halatau's out there not commiting to cover the inside.

Think positive people, it will go down to the wire, and we will win :exclamation: :sunglasses:

I think the Tigers are trying to build towards the last 3 games and may have been a bit guilty of trying to conserve themselves over the last couple of weeks. Both Ellis and Royce said after the game that the Tigers overall game is still not where it needs to be and they will be working hard towards this. Royce made comment that while we beat the Eels earlier this season, their overall record against us is excellent and we have been on the end of some hidings previously. I think the coaching staff will definitely have the players grounded this week and re-iterate how dangerous the Eels are.

Offloads & Second-Phase Play.. our Achilles heal. Parra excel at both these things and the Tigers we'll have massive problems containing them.. especially if Mateo & Cayless are back this week.

I'm already nervous about this game, and, unfortunately I think we'll get towelled

I don't think we'll get towelled but I think it'll result in a loss too.. just a feeling :cry: hope I'm wrong!

yep.
Only way we can win is by upping our defence.

Of recent weeks parra's defence has been rock solid.
our defence has been decent, but not enough to beat parra.

I think we can out attack them, even with them having Hayne but we need the platform to do it!

Need Heighno/Galea/Payne to really give it 100% and step it up, We know Ellis, KG and payto(as of recent form) will!

We will never stop Parras offloading game.

The secret is to hold structure in defence until held is called or the player is on the ground.

Force them to make the play, do not rush up unless absolutley needed.

We were a bit shaky today but I think it comes from alot of guys carrying soreness and generally being a bit down in the grind.

Good teams lift when required so we will see what we are made of

The game is going to be an absolute classic. There is no way both teams won't turn up aggro and on their game. Expect fireworks.

I thought we were lacking a lot today. On form, Parra will smash us. We must lift and lift big time. I would have rather play a hard tough grinding game today than a 2nd grade side riddled with injuries. The next 3 weeks will certainly decide whether we deserve to be in the 8\. If we lift, especially in D, I think we can give it a shot.

I hope we 'took it easy because we were only playing the Sharks today'.

We need to defend like we did against Manly in the first 60 minutes, or else we will struggle to compete with the teams ahead of us.

Don't think there's any need to be so negative. We did what was required of us. I've got faith that when we need to be on our game next week, we will be. The question is whether that's going to be enough.

Our defence was down today but thats understandable considering the Sharks attack is pathetic, and we were finding it very easy when we had the ball, so i think the perception was, "lets just wait until we get the ball, we'll score some tries and everything will be sweet"… I guess it was true and we still held em to 10 pts, and one of those tries was from a kick.

So I dont think its a massive worry and I think we'll lift our D next week, we need a good start because when we have failed against them it has been because we have been 20 odd points down after 30 minutes. So a good start, try and get on the board first (And 2nd preferably) and it'll be tough battle from there on.

everyone is worried the eels are going to beat us.
whats wrong with u people.
have u not been watching the past 6 weeks?
they have moi moi and hayne.
we have 5-6 more important and dangerous players.
we also have an excellent record at the SFS.
instead of being doubtful, lets all rock up next friday night n give the tigers a finals-like atmosphere and drive them home.

our defence will hopefully be up 4 it. lets b honest ova the past few weeks parra havnt exactly beaten any teams really in the hunt for the 8

Back