Defining Set of SIX....

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
As crap as we were….there are always poitives....

The last set of six the Broncos had on our line.... before we scored.....

Liam Fulton take a bow.....saved the game.....

Toddy Payten wasn't to bad either......

Although we may have played poorly in neally every aspect tonight I thought that our on line defence was very strong. The amount of ball they had on our line and failed to score was quite incredible. We only got our chances on their line for one period of that second half and managed to score one.

Payten - miracle man, somehow made a blanket out of himself, forcing the bronco player to think he needed to pass.

and what about Farah and Fizthenry holding up I think it was ashton sims…. another great moment.

Just quietly, some of Geoff Daniellas tackles were brilliant. He really punches above his weight sometimes.

imagine if the 2 mentioned did their job offensively…maybe we wouldnt have been kicking from 30 out all night

Our scrambling defence was very good.

Our initial contact in defence I thought was actually pretty bad and the Broncos made a lot of yards.

That tackle by Farah on the last tackle where he clung onto the ball and held the bloke up and keep us in the game showed that he should be playing Origin.

If so called experts want to throw "That was an origin play" call on certain players, then that play by Farah certainly warranted that.

@underdog said:
Just quietly, some of Geoff Daniellas tackles were brilliant. He really punches above his weight sometimes.

I have noticed that as well, one on one he can be a very technically perfect defender

@stryker said:
@underdog said:

I have noticed that as well, one on one he can be a very technically perfect defender

5 months ago he was supposedly the worst defensive centre in rugby league according to some on here…....

Very very first play was quite defining too.
Broncos kick out on the full, we get penalty, we play a couple tackles, we score, benji converts, we have 6 points - we win by 2.
Lots of defining moment there, the broncs back three got half thru our line on numerous occasions

I thought our line speed was good…seemed so too for most of the game

@underdog said:
Payten - miracle man, somehow made a blanket out of himself, forcing the bronco player to think he needed to pass.

and what about Farah and Fizthenry holding up I think it was ashton sims…. another great moment.

Farah will be remembered in this game for the kick for Brown's try, but his effort with Fitzhenry in that tackle to hold the player up over the line was outstanding.

Togers goal line defence has been the best in years. i remember the days where as soon as a team got into our 20, they would stroll over. now we are stopping that. even though we did not play pretty footy tonight, you can not complain about our defence. brisbane had most of the ball and 3/4's of the game was played in our 1/2 and we still won. great effort.

@ron burgandy said:
@stryker said:
@underdog said:

5 months ago he was supposedly the worst defensive centre in rugby league according to some on here…....

He is sometimes guilty of shirtgrabbing which is frustrating as I have seen him plenty of times drive his shoulder up under a blokes ribs, pick em up and dump them.

He has had some clangers but all in all I would trust him to make the tackle 8 out of 10 times.

Back