Depressing...

Student_of_the_game

The selection of both Fitzy and Skando reflects one of the following:

1\. Sheens has lost the plot completely

… or

2\. Our young guys aren't trusted to step up to 1st grade.

I have nothing against Fitzy or Skando but the club has to really move on. If we are that attached to these players, employ them in admin or coaching roles.

I agree with Student, both have been great servants to the club, but both are not up to FG standard and it is depressing to see these two running around 3 or 4 years over their used-by-date.

Skando has **_never_** let us down. No reason to think he will this time.

I'm all for Skando playing. I hope he goes out there and shows the knockers up. He is one of the clubs' favourite sons, let him have a go… He'll play with ticker and won't ever give up.

Fifita, Dwyer and Ayshford have all had successful transitions to first grade and have maintained their spots since debut (except Dwyer, but he's stayed there all this year)

So I dont see why Sheens doesnt trust some guys like Gower, Davis, Pritchard etc.

And why do we still have 2 state cup sides? We never use them!

Hey guess what, Benny Elia never let us down either - that doesn't mean we should wheel him out too.

Let's look to the future…

ive got no problem with skando,i do though with fitzhenry :stuck_out_tongue:
moors would look much better in the 17

I agree it is depressing to see Skando in the team. Unlike most on here I have never seen him as a top line prop and I think that there must surely be better options.

Fitzy has at times this year and in the past served us well however again surely there are better options.

Sheens imo is tactically a great coach. I think the way he manages the team with regards to off-field behaivour is real good. I think the way he talks to the media is again top class. He has made so many mistakes though when it comes to team selections it isn't funny. Morris in the 7 for 2-3 years killed us. His lack of ability to pick players in their positions and therefore develop their games is simply poor. This weeks selections is yet again another example of Sheens inability to reward the right players.

In 2010 we are playing 2 players in their thirties on the bench. Tell me where is the impact, isnt that the whole idea of the bench

I hate that our team is coming third, so yeah I'm depressed too.

I might start going for a team thats going well like the Cowboys. Happy days are here again

When Skando left in '06, I thought he still had a few more seasons left in him. Unfortunately, the 3 years he had overseas affected his confidence when he did come back. He has a dig, but you can't tell me he should be in the FG team.

@Alf Duguid said:
I hate that our team is coming third, so yeah I'm depressed too.

I might start going for a team thats going well like the Cowboys. Happy days are here again

Bwahahahaha!!!

Thats what I was thinking…....3rd and they are still moaning!!

It bemuses me completely. I thought Gower would've been a shot but perhaps there are reasons for his omission such as his future? Don't get me wrong i think Skando can still do the job for us but surely we'd be better giving a run to a younger guy?

Back