Do you think it's important to have purpose in your life?

I don't see it this way. My FIL has a lot of money and it sucks. Two of his kids are completely useless and can't stand on their on two feet.

The best thing I'm doing for my kids is telling them once they are 18 they need to figure it out for themselves. My daughter is 20 and has worked a lot more and is much more independent than my 40 yo SIL. My BIL was married and I'm 100% convinced his ex-wife married him just to get at the family money. That dude earns good money and spends all of it and still needs regular handouts.

Does anyone like Epicurus ? He was the best. A simple frugal life with some ganja on the side and you are good to go. Too much money just leads to problems. I've already told my wife to give most of her inheritance away.
My kids won't get anything until they're much older. Sons doing his apprenticeship and daughter has nearly graduated from uni. I'll help them buy houses but they don't expect handouts and [This word has been automatically removed]ed if I'm giving them any.

Yes and different stages in your life you find different purposes.

At the end of the day we all need to eat, somewhere to sleep and surrounded by people who love us.

Money can't buy happiness but it can help worrying about a lot of things.

As we appreciate everyone has their own unique story in life and no one was born with an instruction manual.

The older I get the less materialistic I have become. Quality over Quantity.

Aww thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
We're both going great, he's recently achieved a milestone - the little guy can now sit up - and my only current worries and concerns are that he grabs everyone's (..naturally all females, of every age) boobs and is already watching too much telly.
Will hopefully be heading back to work in the next couple of months, so other than being a Wests Tigers supporter, life is pretty good.
Hope you're doing well.
Great (y) to hear that You are battling on with a positive mindset against the pitfalls 🪜 of life Lauren.
Not only is that good for You, but it's also a really great start in Your Son's life, as Your positivity [or negativity] is felt and therefore learned by Him even at this very early stage in his life.
But I'm sure You would already know this anyway.
Ps.......dont worry about him grabbing onto boobs, as he is learning about what most blokes :unsure: to be one of [or two of] the finer things in life :love: 😋 :ROFLMAO:
Oooooops 'sorry'....I'll see myself out.

Yep,left western Sydney 10 years ago for the open space and peace and quiet. I am 25min outside of Bathurst on acreage and don't miss the BS of the Sydney jungle.
I was having a good look at real estate in Orange. I stopped at Bathurst and had lunch/coffee and it is a great place to be.

Not gonna lie your avatar freaks me out I've been scared of clowns since watching IT haha
I reckon it's more common than we know @upthetigers , as it reminds some people of traumatic events that may have happened to them when they were very young.
Believe it or not, one of our ex-mods is affected by clowns.

While of course I can't endorse his actions, if anyone nailed the subject of the purpose of life (lack of) in modern society in his writing it is Ted Kaczynski.

Reactions: BZN
I was having a good look at real estate in Orange. I stopped at Bathurst and had lunch/coffee and it is a great place to be.
Yep @pawsandclaws1 if I was to live anywhere away from a coastal area [but I doubt I will] I would probably choose Bathurst/Orange, but I would need a few pair of bed socks though.
I'll be waiting with interest to see if you ever move into the area.

Last edited:
While of course I can't endorse his actions, if anyone nailed the subject of the purpose of life (lack of) in modern society in his writing it is Ted Kaczynski.
G'day @TillLindemann It's very very sad when people go of the rails as he did.
He was apparently a pretty smart bloke and goodness knows what happened for him to have the radical beliefs he did and spend the rest of his 8 lives in jail.
I recognised the name Ted Kacznski immediately but had to check out Google to refresh my memory of him.

“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life”

Tres Bon Albert Camus

G'day @TillLindemann It's very very sad when people go of the rails as he did.
He was apparently a pretty smart bloke and goodness knows what happened for him to have the radical beliefs he did and spend the rest of his 8 lives in jail.
I recognised the name Ted Kacznski immediately but had to check out Google to refresh my memory of him.
He was a genius (literally), has an IQ higher than Einstein had. The CIA experimented on him as part of Project MKUltra which I think messed with him a bit.
His writings on what he calls the 'surrogate activities' of humans in modern society is spot on.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN

Members online

Back