Doing the Math

Footy_Head_Goodness

By my tips…

0 of 3 gets us 9th or 10th spot
1 of 3 gets us 7th or 8th spot
2 of 3 gets us 5th or 6th spot
3 of 3 gets us 5th spot

If Parra beat us next week we really need Parra to them beat the Panthers the following week.

Souths and the Knights could become top 8 spoilers for us by beating the likes of Panthers and Cowboys in the next 3 weeks.

Im not doing the math, but I know they would be just one of many many combinations that could occur

I think more than 28 points will be reqd….and therefore more than

@innsaneink said:
Im not doing the math, but I know they would be just one of many many combinations that could occur

I think more than 28 points will be reqd….and therefore more than

Canberra showed anyone can beat anyone on their day but im hoping these hold up…..and we win atleast 1 more game.

We've caught right up to the cowboys and passed Manly on F/A so we have to keep that in tact also. Great to be sitting 5th and if we stay there, we will hopefully get another shot in the finals if we need it.

I still think 29pts will be the cut-off though…..we need 2/3 for mine

@weststigers said:
We've caught right up to the cowboys and passed Manly on F/A so we have to keep that in tact also. Great to be sitting 5th and if we stay there, we will hopefully get another shot in the finals if we need it.

I really cant see that happening (29 points that is). Majority of teams play each other making guaranteed losses. 28 points will at least get you 8th. If you do the finals calculator or view the relevant thread, it comes a bit more clear.

@hadds75 said:
@weststigers said:

I really cant see that happening (29 points that is). Majority of teams play each other making guaranteed losses. 28 points will at least get you 8th. If you do the finals calculator or view the relevant thread, it comes a bit more clear.

You're spot on.

Math<big>s</big> people, "Math" is not a word

Had a bit of a look at it.

I reckon if we beat Parra and finish on 28 we might sneak in

If we lose to Parra and finish on 28 i think we might be pushed out.

By finishing on 30 we solve all the dramas.

last round has tigers v dogs at sfs and parra v dragqueens at wollongong. both games on a friday night, at the same time. it may well come down to this final round.
parra is the only threat coz they are on odd pts. if we beat them we r in coz we will be 3pts away. if they beat us, we need to win 1 more game n hope the dragqueens polish them off in the final round.
it will be too risky to rely on other teams coz anything can happen.
we should win at least 2 out of the last 3\. pref vs parra n dogs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back