Driving to the game

Juro

It has been years since I have tried driving to a game at the SFS. What is parking like around there nowadays? I am taking my family (4yo boy and 1yo girl - first game for both) so don't want the hassle of public transport.

Where is the best place to park? What is the cost of parking?

If you get there early enough (As in getting there to park on the first 3 levels) I have found Fox Studios (whatever it is calling itself these days) to be a great option

The main problem for the area is exiting, theres usually plenty of parking but getting away smooth is rare…SBH is good in the regard

Yeah i have waited over an hour to get out of fox ,not fun ,specially after a loss.
i recall the sunday arvo when Souths got us in golden point .

@Juro said:
It has been years since I have tried driving to a game at the SFS. What is parking like around there nowadays? I am taking my family (4yo boy and 1yo girl - first game for both) so don't want the hassle of public transport.

You need to take an extra person so if the wife isn't going drag along a mate or pick up a hitchhiker as they discount the parking for a full car load.

@1/4 chicken said:
Yeah i have waited over an hour to get out of fox ,not fun ,specially after a loss.
i recall the sunday arvo when Souths got us in golden point .

Getting away that arvo wasn't too bad as we hung around to walk on the great ground but what was really funny, we took along a Souths fan with us and as we left between the Members Stand & the Ladies Stand Roy Asotasi & Nathan Merritt were on their way back after the press conference and despite my son's urging the Souths fan must have been awestruck and went all silent, took the piss out of the Irish man all the way back to Wollongong!.

Usually manage to park on the 1st level of Fox. Takes about 10 minutes to get out

@GoldXR50Leroy said:
@Juro said:

You need to take an extra person so if the wife isn't going drag along a mate or pick up a hitchhiker as they discount the parking for a full car load.

If the wife isn't going, there is no way I'm taking both kids. If they outnumber me, there is very little chance I would see any of the game!

There is free parking on the streets, closer to Oxford street and a little east of the ground
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Its usually timed parking around there without a residents permit….take your chances.
Im happy to coff up a redback for a guarenteed spot, instead of crawling along searching

Well I almost made it to the game. All set to go and then my son got sick on the Saturday. Don't know whether I should thank him…

You should, worst Ive experienced getting away from there…traffic horrendous around Moore Pk, plus 4 lanes closed at Broadway, took 2 hours to get to Ashfield.

With stopping to pick up dinner got a mate back to his place in Ambervale in about an hour and 15

Latest posts

Staff online

Back